PDA

View Full Version : These people are going to be lawyers some day

Clocker
12-08-2014, 06:59 PM
“The Coalition of Affinity Group Student Leaders and Students of Color”, students at the Columbia Law School, say that they have been so emotionally traumatized by recent grand jury decisions that they need grief counseling from the law school, and that they are emotionally unable to take exams.

From the group's letter to the law school:

We expect the following:

· 1. That faculty and administration recognize our trauma as legitimate and worthy of a response
· 2. That students who have been deeply affected by recent events be allowed to postpone exams
· 3. That an emergency event occur on Monday, December 8, 2015 for the administration, faculty, and students to discuss the concerns of students of color in the wake of recent events

The school has agreed to grant the student requests. :rolleyes:

Story (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/12/columbia-law-school-and-the-apotheosis-of-race-based-admissions-and-critical-race-theory-jargon.php)

JustRalph
12-08-2014, 07:06 PM
amazing.....what bullshit......

TJDave
12-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Never fear. These newly minted attorneys-at-law will quickly lose their moral compass. Concurrently with receiving their first paycheck.

Dave Schwartz
12-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Who cares if they do not take their exams. They can't become lawyers without graduating and I assume that they cannot graduate without taking their exams.

Now, if they say, "I am traumatized and should just be admitted to the bar," well... then I would care.

The graduating class will be a few lawyers short this year. How will we survive?

GameTheory
12-08-2014, 09:57 PM
There are still way too many people coming out of law schools these days (it has been going down, but not nearly enough) for them to actually become working lawyers, and so most of them will not no matter they do now -- there just ain't enough lawyering around for them to do...

Clocker
12-08-2014, 10:07 PM
There are still way too many people coming out of law schools these days (it has been going down, but not nearly enough) for them to actually become working lawyers, and so most of them will not no matter they do now -- there just ain't enough lawyering around for them to do...

If they aren't good enough to make a living lawyering, they can always become community organizers. :p

GameTheory
12-08-2014, 10:15 PM
If they aren't good enough to make a living lawyering, they can always become community organizers. :p
Doesn't matter how good they are, just too many of them. They will be drowning in debt and will be forced to work at where ever they can, as so many others are finding...

FantasticDan
12-08-2014, 10:28 PM
If they aren't good enough to make a living lawyering, they can always become community organizers. :pOr they can be community organizers before even going to law school, which I've heard some people have done. :p

But I guess it's too late for that in this case. ;)

delayjf
12-09-2014, 10:07 AM
These people are going to be lawyers some day
Either that or a Union rep. ;)

Robert Goren
12-09-2014, 12:38 PM
They already sound like lawyers to me.

Clocker
12-09-2014, 03:28 PM
Not to be outdone by their brethren at Columbia, the Harvard Law School Affinity Group Coalition has weighed in.

These recent events highlight that intolerance in America continues to cost us countless lives at the hands of law enforcement. We have no faith in our justice system, which systematically oppresses black and brown people. We are afraid for our lives and for the lives of our families. We are in pain. And we are tired.

We have been visibly distressed and actively engaged throughout this public national crisis. The administration has remained silent.

We led rallies, held vigils, and published an op-ed.

OMG, Harvard Law students fear for the lives of their families, apparently because those student went to such radically extreme measures as publishing an op-ed. :eek:

I'd sure feel confident hiring a lawyer who got so traumatized by hearing about a grand jury verdict half-way across the country that he was incapable of performing his duties. :rolleyes:

Story (http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/12/harvard-law-students-also-demand-exam-delay-due-to-ferguson-and-garner/)

JustRalph
12-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Twice as many white guys killed by police than "brown" guys.

These people are beyond the pale.

Overlay
12-09-2014, 06:10 PM
For a group of students at one of the most elite legal education programs in the country to say, "We have no faith in our justice system" leaves me absolutely speechless.

Clocker
12-09-2014, 06:18 PM
For a group of students at one of the most elite legal education programs in the country to say, "We have no faith in our justice system" leaves me absolutely speechless.

And if they are so traumatized by that "failure" of the system, maybe they should go to class, study, pass their exams, and work to change the system. :rolleyes:

Tom
12-09-2014, 07:11 PM
Or just give up and go on welfare.
Not unheard of.

JustRalph
12-16-2014, 04:03 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/12/16/harvard-law-students-disastrous-argument-for-delaying-exams-due-to-emotional-trauma-blows-up/

My favorite is the "my grandfather storming Saipan" :lol:

Clocker
12-16-2014, 04:26 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/12/16/harvard-law-students-disastrous-argument-for-delaying-exams-due-to-emotional-trauma-blows-up/

My favorite is the "my grandfather storming Saipan" :lol:

If he was so traumatized by the grand juries that he couldn't take exams, the response to his whining should institutionalize him.

OntheRail
12-16-2014, 05:05 PM
The generation of participation ribbons and trophies for all. God what a mess the Liberal mindset has made.

Clocker
12-16-2014, 05:18 PM
The generation of participation ribbons and trophies for all. God what a mess the Liberal mindset has made.

I pity the citizens of the future. Our schools are turning out the trophy generation of lawyers and, eventually, judges. How do you operate a legal system where there are no winners or losers?