PDA

View Full Version : Jason Beem

Cholly
12-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Mr. Beem will be moving his tack:

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/jason-beem-new-track-announcer-at-louisiana-downs/

Congratulations & best wishes for your new gig!

jimmy m
12-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Could not happen to A nicer Guy.First Met Jason at River Downs in 2006 and he is a very good announcer and like I said just a really super Kid.Well Deserving Jim.

alydar
12-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Good deal!

Tom
12-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Congratulations Jason!

netbet
12-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Congrats. Very good announcer and heck of a story teller.

Been reading Southbound and am enjoying the story.

v j stauffer
12-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Now he's really SOUTHBOUND! Way to go Balls!!

jballscalls
12-08-2014, 06:50 PM
Thanks so much you guys! Look forward to my first bad call thread from Stillriledup on January 10th! :)

In all sincerity thanks so much, the PA guys have always been so cool to me.

taxicab
12-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Well done indeed. :ThmbUp:
Best of luck to you.

castaway01
12-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Congrats Jason....

ArlJim78
12-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Good for you Jason. Congrats.

EMD4ME
12-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Thanks so much you guys! Look forward to my first bad call thread from Stillriledup on January 10th! :)

I bet Portland religiously (not hard to follow as I love Emerald and you guys only run 2 days a week now a days).

I have truly enjoyed your enthusiasm and talent!!!!!!!

You made the Portland signal fun and enjoyable.

wisconsin
12-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Good Luck!!

jahura2
12-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Mr. Beem will be moving his tack:

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/jason-beem-new-track-announcer-at-louisiana-downs/

Congratulations & best wishes for your new gig!

Congrats JBalls, looking forward to listening to your calls. By the way love the book "Southbound" it's a must read!
Best Wishes, you will do great!

Robert Fischer
12-08-2014, 11:02 PM

:D

You da man JBC.

Stillriledup
12-08-2014, 11:02 PM

I'm honored! A shoutout on Twitter and now this?

I don't normally follow LaD, but i may have to follow now, you know, to make sure you're callin them correctly. :D

Congrats on the new gig, well deserved!

NJ Stinks
12-09-2014, 01:24 AM
Very happy to hear this news! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
12-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Awesome news Jason! Congrats! :ThmbUp:

EMD4ME
12-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Who will be calling at Portland from now on? And by when?

jballscalls
12-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Who will be calling at Portland from now on? And by when?

Not sure. my last day is the 28th of this month. We have a regular back up who might do it or there's a guy who hosted our tv show the last few years who does football play by play that might do it as well.

EMD4ME
01-19-2015, 09:45 AM
Any update on a new PM announcer?

GOD, I REEEEEAAALLLY miss hearing you over there. Not going to be super negative but the replacements sound like they never watched a race, EVER before picking up the microphone.

Can I apply for the PM job :lol: :lol: :lol: ?

jballscalls
01-19-2015, 10:52 AM
Any update on a new PM announcer?

GOD, I REEEEEAAALLLY miss hearing you over there. Not going to be super negative but the replacements sound like they never watched a race, EVER before picking up the microphone.

Can I apply for the PM job :lol: :lol: :lol: ?

Well you're right in that he'd never called a race before. He's a football/basketball play by play guy. He used to host our TV show. He's a great guy and I wish him the absolute best in a tough spot. Announcing a new sport with no experience is tough.

EMD4ME
01-19-2015, 10:55 AM
Well you're right in that he'd never called a race before. He's a football/basketball play by play guy. He used to host our TV show. He's a great guy and I wish him the absolute best in a tough spot. Announcing a new sport with no experience is tough.

I do wish him the best. I know it's hard. I'll be soft on him. Problem is I keep waiting to hear "AND THE RAAAAACCCCE is OOOONNN"! Miss those calls.

PaceAdvantage
01-19-2015, 10:56 AM
Well you're right in that he'd never called a race before. He's a football/basketball play by play guy. He used to host our TV show. He's a great guy and I wish him the absolute best in a tough spot. Announcing a new sport with no experience is tough.I take it he was the low bidder then... :lol:

EMD4ME
01-19-2015, 10:56 AM
I take it he was the low bidder then... :lol:

LMAO!!!!!

jballscalls
01-19-2015, 10:58 AM
I take it he was the low bidder then... :lol:

actually not that at all. regular back ups and options couldn't do it. Heck we even tried to get Vic :)

getting someone non-local to move for a 2 day a week job for 5 weeks isn't easy

EMD4ME
01-19-2015, 11:03 AM
actually not that at all. regular back ups and options couldn't do it. Heck we even tried to get Vic :)

getting someone non-local to move for a 2 day a week job for 5 weeks isn't easy

And that is 1 small reason why I hate the reduction in racing dates/tracks/races etc. God I miss the good old days.

jballscalls
01-19-2015, 11:06 AM
And that is 1 small reason why I hate the reduction in racing dates/tracks/races etc. God I miss the good old days.

As someone who is paid per day I agree :)

EMD4ME
01-19-2015, 09:05 PM
As someone who is paid per day I agree :)

Wait a minute, so I have a couple of questions:

DO you get paid if they cancel?

Do you work another job on the side?

mountainman
01-20-2015, 11:55 AM
my bad, dude..just noticed this thread..belated congrats on an advancement well-deserved.....

reckless
01-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Jason, congrats on getting the LaDowns job.

Good luck and good racing.

jballscalls
01-20-2015, 08:32 PM
Wait a minute, so I have a couple of questions:

DO you get paid if they cancel?

Do you work another job on the side?

At portland if we cancelled in advance I didn't get paid.
If we cancelled after the 1st race, or any point in the card, I got the whole days pay.

I've always done little side jobs. I write a couple newsletters for some ADW's, have always hosted a radio show, have done website work for a few tracks remotely, stuff like that.

EMD4ME
01-20-2015, 08:55 PM
At portland if we cancelled in advance I didn't get paid.
If we cancelled after the 1st race, or any point in the card, I got the whole days pay.

I've always done little side jobs. I write a couple newsletters for some ADW's, have always hosted a radio show, have done website work for a few tracks remotely, stuff like that.

I already respected and liked your work a lot but now I respect it more!

I hope you're calling the BC in 2-3 years.