PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Bust: Ryan Leaf or RG3?

Stillriledup
12-08-2014, 06:14 AM
Is it close? I'm thinking its pretty close.

tucker6
12-08-2014, 06:21 AM
Is it close? I'm thinking its pretty close.
Has to be Leaf because RGIII still has time left to get things in gear. However, RGIII cost Washington a ton of draft picks, so we have to consider that as well. There have been bigger busts than these two, like Marinovich and Bosworth.

Bettowin
12-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Not even close between those two. Leaf in a blowout. In the game of life Leaf has already proven to be a bust.

Tony Mandarich is close to the biggest bust IMO.

rastajenk
12-08-2014, 05:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Clowney enter into the discussion someday.

Secondbest
12-08-2014, 05:44 PM
How about Jamarcus Russell. As far Griffin is concerned as long as he's RgIII and not Robert Griffin he' ll never be Any good.

tucker6
12-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Not even close between those two. Leaf in a blowout. In the game of life Leaf has already proven to be a bust.

Tony Mandarich is close to the biggest bust IMO.
Thanks for the spelling. :ThmbUp:

tucker6
12-08-2014, 07:10 PM
He smelled like a bust from a mile away.

4 games played
2 games started
7 total tackles on the year

Yikes!!

Zydeco
12-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Jeff Fisher sent out as his captains for the coin flip against Washington, the 6 guys they drafted with the picks Washington gave them to draft Super Bob. I thought it was funny.

Valuist
12-08-2014, 10:50 PM
RG3 had one very good season, in which he won Rookie of the Year. Leaf didn't have any. RG3 was derailed by injuries, not by a lack of talent. Leaf was derailed by lack of a brain.

Stillriledup
12-10-2014, 05:19 AM
How about Jamarcus Russell. As far Griffin is concerned as long as he's RgIII and not Robert Griffin he' ll never be Any good.

Good call, J Russ is one of sports all time biggest busts.

Stillriledup
12-10-2014, 05:21 AM

This guy had a reputation for not wanting to work hard, or, something like that. And now, he's young and has microfracture surgery?

Not good.

Valuist
12-10-2014, 07:10 AM

Kind of silly to say that since he was very good in 2012. Good enough to beat out Andrew Luck for RoY. I don't know if he will ever be good again, but he certainly was for one season; something these other guys like Leaf and Russell never were.

tucker6
12-10-2014, 07:16 AM
RGIII has never had a seasonal passer rating below 85. Leaf never had a seasonal passer rating above 60. Even Russell had a passer rating of 75 one year. Leaf wins this contest.

_______
12-10-2014, 07:50 AM
If this thread were a poll there would be no intelligent votes for Griffith. it wasn't Ricky Bell's fault Mike Ditka gave away too much and it isn't Griffith's fault Washington overpaid someone to move up and draft him.

Do the Redskins continue their tradition of bad management? Of course. That doesn't reflect on a player who has been a serviceable QB ex injuries.

Obviously I fell for click bait on this one. I promise to avoid contributing to the "is breathing oxygen as bad for you as cyanide?" debate once it starts.

AndyC
12-10-2014, 11:02 AM
I am quite biased in this debate because I have a football signed by Ryan Leaf in a beautiful display given to me/my wife by the Chargers. If Ryan can attain and keep the status of the biggest bust ever perhaps the ball will someday have value greater than that of a store bought football.

_______
12-10-2014, 12:35 PM
I am quite biased in this debate because I have a football signed by Ryan Leaf in a beautiful display given to me/my wife by the Chargers. If Ryan can attain and keep the status of the biggest bust ever perhaps the ball will someday have value greater than that of a store bought football.

They gave you a Ryan Leaf autographed football? What did you do to piss them off that much?

Stillriledup
12-10-2014, 02:34 PM
They gave you a Ryan Leaf autographed football? What did you do to piss them off that much?

it says "leave me alone, alright?" Love, Ryan.

tucker6
12-10-2014, 06:52 PM
what is odd (not really) is that in his first four years, Eli Manning did not have a passer rating better than 77 for the year. RG3 has not had a passer rating below 85 in his first three years, yet he is considered a bust and Eli is considered a possible HOFer. What a crock. Old Archie must have pictures.

Stillriledup
12-10-2014, 07:56 PM
what is odd (not really) is that in his first four years, Eli Manning did not have a passer rating better than 77 for the year. RG3 has not had a passer rating below 85 in his first three years, yet he is considered a bust and Eli is considered a possible HOFer. What a crock. Old Archie must have pictures.

Eli beat brady TWICE in games that, um, kinda mattered. Both as underdogs, so Eli did it when Brady had the better club.

tucker6
12-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Eli beat brady TWICE in games that, um, kinda mattered. Both as underdogs, so Eli did it when Brady had the better club.
You mean Eli played defense? I missed that. I need to pay more attention.

My point still stands. RG3 has played infinitely better than Eli did in his first three years, and Eli got a pass then. Note to SRU: Eli didn't win anything his first three years.

Secondbest
12-14-2014, 01:49 PM
MCcoy Hurt Griffin in