PDA

View Full Version : Must see race Dover Monday

zico20
12-07-2014, 11:27 PM
I have been waiting for this race for a week now. The 100,000 final for 2 yr old filly pacers. The three 1-9 shots who won last Monday square off in the finals.

Totally Rusty 6-5
Purrfect Bags 2-1
Gigi Deo 9-2

I have a feeling Gigi will be lower than her 9-2 ML odds. Even though she has lost to the top two a couple of times the month off may have done her some good as she was the fastest in the three heats. None of the three put in much effort last week. They were all under tight grips all the way around the track.

None of the other five have any shot at hitting the trifecta, IMO. Just got to pick the three in the right order. The trifecta will pay between 14 and 20.

Win wagering only for this 8 horse field. No place or show. I won't miss this one. Lets hope I get the three in the correct order!

The Inside Scoop
12-08-2014, 09:59 AM
I agree that this will be a good race and will be watching.

Purrfect Bags was vicious in her last, under a death grip with loads more in her tank. Very nice filly who has been the best of the bunch to date. She looks awful tough in here to look past, to me.

Not much separates her and Totally Rusty who also has been ultra impressive in her career, losing only once to Purrfect Bags. Gigi Deo, nice in her own right looks to be just a step below to me but could upset should the other 2 not be on their games.

Western Sunshine who was second to Purrfect Bags last week is also a nice horse, but is not quite as seasoned as the other 3 yet. If any other horse pops into the triactor it should be her, if he can get her spotted a bit off the gait.

LottaKash
12-08-2014, 12:28 PM
2 yo's are so much fun... to watch....... :cool:

willphorse
12-08-2014, 02:47 PM
Agreed. Inconsistencies have burned me too many times! I now watch and enjoy the young talent rather than wager.

The Inside Scoop
12-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Its all about the education process for many 2 year olds. Some mature later in the year than others. Some are simply not raced hard until the time comes when they go for the big money. I actually like wagering on 2 year olds (pacers) but only in stakes races. Overnight 2 year old races are races to watch. Certain trainers like to fire their 2 year olds early and others don't. Once you figure out who they are, it puts you a step ahead.

I only watched the Dover horses last week but also watched all of their replays before they raced the elims to gauge an opinion on them. One that caught my eye before she raced last week was Western Sunshine.

She is a growthy filly with very limited experience, who has been educated from racing from behind while having to race against the bearcats of the division in her 2 starts. Thats a very tough task for a green filly. She has a long gait and a very nice way of going. She may only grab a smaller piece of the pie today but I think she will be a force to be reckoned with next year in this division, if all stays well with her.

The Inside Scoop
12-09-2014, 10:06 AM
Quite the impressive mile by Totally Rusty and Purrfect Bags. Both very high end fillies who broke the track record. Zico had it pegged with Gigi Deo 3rd. Western Sunshsine whom I thought might have a shot for a minor award, was never a factor and struggled finishing her mile, finishing well back.