PDA

View Full Version : The Inside Scoop

The Inside Scoop
12-06-2014, 12:33 AM
Thru N Thru (Philly)

Locked in last week and was beyond loaded with pace finishing. You have never saw a horse so overloaded with pace finishing as this guy was when he finally shook free. Factor in the week before he romped off the trainer change. Won wire to wire today from the 6 hole. Amazing price as he should have been 2/5. Paid $5.90

Tiz A Mojo (Maywood)

Raced against Desperado Alibi last week and that horse came back and crushed again tonight in an earlier race. Factor in, he was in against a much easier bunch and figured to go to the front tonight, he was a great play at 6/5. Wired them and crushed. Paid $4.50

Fox Valley Amanda (Maywood)

Huge driver change from Hiteman to Leonard. How can you not like her with Leonard, in cheap, knowing she will get away good behind a good leaver from the rail? Got away 4th as the trailer and then rocketed to the front in front of the grandstand and obliterated them winning by a city block. Paid $7.80

pandy
12-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Thru N Thru (Philly)

Locked in last week and was beyond loaded with pace finishing. You have never saw a horse so overloaded with pace finishing as this guy was when he finally shook free. Factor in the week before he romped off the trainer change. Won wire to wire today from the 6 hole. Amazing price as he should have been 2/5. Paid $5.90

Tiz A Mojo (Maywood)

Raced against Desperado Alibi last week and that horse came back and crushed again tonight in an earlier race. Factor in, he was in against a much easier bunch and figured to go to the front tonight, he was a great play at 6/5. Wired them and crushed. Paid $4.50

Huge driver change from Hiteman to Leonard. How can you not like her with Leonard, in cheap, knowing she will get away good behind a good leaver from the rail? Got away 4th as the trailer and then rocketed to the front in front of the grandstand and obliterated them winning by a city block. Paid $7.80

Scoop, you're going to think I'm trying to be argumentative, since I disagreed with you so much this week (and your post on that Canadian race was incorrect and in poor taste), but from what I see here you are posting horses that you picked after they won....

What good is that? I like when people give picks out with comments, but you have to post them BEFORE they race.

LottaKash
12-06-2014, 10:58 AM
What good is that? I like when people give picks out with comments, but you have to post them BEFORE they race.

Scoop, if you had them, then I am glad for you...

But, as Pandy said, after the fact has a name, and it begins with an "r"... ;)

The Inside Scoop
12-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Thru N Thru (Philly)

Tiz A Mojo (Maywood)

Pandy

I have no need to share what I know with anybody here unless they are my personal friends. I am not into touting horses I like as it defeats the purpose of getting as much of a price as I can.

In this day and age with lower handles a few hundred can drop a price to where I could lose a few hundred out of my pocket with the amount I bet. Are you going to want horses to drop from 4-1 to even money when you bet $500 to win on them because 10 other guys from a website that you touted the horse to, between them, bet another $500 to win? That would cost me $1,500. I think not.

Let's say if I happened to throw out Cal Chips Brother on Thursday night at Woodbine who laid over a NW2 class if he behaved, would he have paid $13 if someone decided to make a decent size wager on him? Did anyone else know the horse was a very nice horse in the summer in Tioga in Paul Bernardo's barn who showed a helluva lot more talent and had a wicked late brush which obviously would suit him well at a big track.

Many bet a 2/5 shot who was bought for 12 grand out of Harrisburg who beat nothing when he won for Baillaergeon. See the horse that horse beat race last night and back through the field off a perfect 2 hole trip while bet down. He was another toss.

You only needed to put the time in and watch Cal Chips Brothers qualifier where he came home in 57 flat on a cold blustery day under wraps?

I know you do some handicapping and get paid which is great for you. I also get paid for my handicapping by myself and I have been doing it for a very long time.

The Inside Scoop
12-06-2014, 03:30 PM
There is a horse in tonight at The Meadowlands if he had a driver change I would clobber. Had late pace last week and was driven like a stiff. Is in a class where it should do. Will I bet this horse? No. Will some of you bet this horse, maybe. You guys figure it out. If the horse wins it wins, but I will stick to my guns, no bet.

mrroyboy
12-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Uh was it Scotty Zeron last time out?

willphorse
12-06-2014, 03:44 PM
I know Cal Chips Brother very well, as Tioga is my home track. However, it would only take an average handicapper to see he raced very well in the Morrisville College Trotting Series, which is a NW5 series. A class handicapper would have had this everytime....

The Inside Scoop
12-06-2014, 04:51 PM
I know Cal Chips Brother very well, as Tioga is my home track. However, it would only take an average handicapper to see he raced very well in the Morrisville College Trotting Series, which is a NW5 series. A class handicapper would have had this everytime....

Will, the horse paid $13 and dare I say he may have paid $20 had it not been for what I bet on him. So while I respect you knowing this was a nice horse after watching him progress at Tioga throughout the summer as I did, he was far from a standout to many other handicappers who knew nothing about him (believe me many didn't as they don't follow other tracks and know class of horses) which is why he took no real money from them.

I hope you cashed on him as well.

Ray2000
12-06-2014, 05:29 PM

I have no need to share what I know with anybody here unless they are my personal friends......

Then, Why are you posting here?

The Inside Scoop
12-06-2014, 06:21 PM

I came here to talk harness racing not give out tips. From what I see they have a section for that on another part of the forum. To me that means you have the option of posting what you like in the selections section, which I choose not to do. There are many interesting things to talk about in harness racing that does not involve giving out who you like.

Ray2000
12-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Fair enough,

I've been posting here since '08 and there used to be some informative discussions that can help newbie's and veteran cappers alike but not so much anymore.
The game is dying out and it won't be long before it's reduced to Fairs and maybe one or two larger tracks. Forums like this are turning into bulletin boards with just number plays and re-directs.

mrroyboy
12-06-2014, 06:58 PM
You may be right Ray and that is a shame.
also wish we had more discussions from you and John and everyone. Learned a lot.

Sea Biscuit
12-07-2014, 05:07 AM

Because he is a classic red boarder and has an ego big enough to fill a hot air balloon.

His idea of talking harness racing is to trash drivers. Period.

An idjit with half a brain could pick winners better after the race is over.

Here is a quote from him:

You only needed to put the time in and watch Cal Chips Brothers qualifier where he came home in 57 flat on a cold blustery day under wraps?

Did he mention that Cal Chips Brother showed three breaks in three consecutive pari mutuel races after three winning qualifiers following each break? Absolutely not. Here is what Cal Chips lines looked like coming into the Dec 4 race.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g387/secretariat3/CalChips_zps576e751c.png (http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/secretariat3/media/CalChips_zps576e751c.png.html)

This time out Scoop just knew the horse would stay flat this time out and has the audacity to claim to have bet big on the horse after the race is over. He constantly criticizes Scott Zeron and his poor UDRS. How about Roger Mayotte driver of Cal Chips Brother with an a UDRS of just .140.

Get the hell outta here and please stop telling your BS after the fact stories.

No one here is buying them.

willphorse
12-07-2014, 08:12 AM
This horse could've won easily, especially after beating NW5 horses all summer. The problem?! Major breaking issues! As the summer went on it was break after break! Class handicappers probably had this one, but no way you could bet "confidently" strictly because of the breaks. For that reason, I think you seen a $13 mutual on a horse with much more class than the field.

willphorse
12-07-2014, 08:15 AM
The only reason some bet this horse was that he stayed flat the last 2 Qual's and until stretch last race after the addition of hopples. Is that worth a wager at 6-1? Maybe...

Sea Biscuit
12-07-2014, 08:52 AM
The only reason some bet this horse was that he stayed flat the last 2 Qual's and until stretch last race after the addition of hopples. Is that worth a wager at 6-1? Maybe...

Maybe is right.

How about the trainer switch from a high win 20% trainer in Bradley Maxwell with a UTRS of .340 to Roger Mayotte with a win % of just 4.76 and a UTRS of .140 and a driver who wins only 6% of the time.

How significant is that?

willphorse
12-07-2014, 09:57 AM
I think that also adds to the value... A horse that in my opinion (without breaking issues) should have been 3-5. Add in breaks and driver/trainer and horse absolutely goes up in value. Was he the classiest horse in this field?! Absolutely! Could you make a case to bet against? Absolutely! In my opinion, these are good races to pass unless you're getting value! To each their own when it comes the "value".

The Inside Scoop
12-07-2014, 12:00 PM
I think that also adds to the value... A horse that in my opinion (without breaking issues) should have been 3-5. Add in breaks and driver/trainer and horse absolutely goes up in value. Was he the classiest horse in this field?! Absolutely! Could you make a case to bet against? Absolutely! In my opinion, these are good races to pass unless you're getting value! To each their own when it comes the "value".

Will

Being that Tioga is your home track you knew this horse had lots of go as I did. I cashed on him a few times at Tioga with Braden driving him and watched him go up the ladder as you did. Anyone who has been around these parts at Woodbine knows that Roger Mayotte can hang up a trotter as well as drive one and is a true horseman, so anyone who was worried about a trainer change need not have been as they know nothing. Trotters don't need illegal prerace to get the job done.

I just booked a trip to Europe next summer for a couple of weeks with what I made on him that night. I will toast him when I am staying in my castle to be sure.

You are bang on that he was a 3/5 horse in a field he laid over and you got a $13 payoff if you did your homework and were willing to take the risk of him minding his manners. That's what they call gambling. :ThmbUp: