PDA

View Full Version : Dan Pope

LOU M.
05-08-2004, 06:49 AM
Anyone know the name of or have a copy of a book he wrote about 24 angles about trainers that they would like to sell.
Thanks, Lou M.

delayjf
05-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Lou,

Do a search on Dan Pope and I think it was BMEADOWS who posted his current address a few months ago.

BMeadow
05-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Last address I had for Dan Pope was Royal Turf, 43 S. 14th St., Kansas City, KS 66102.

He has sold many systems over the years.

LOU M.
05-14-2004, 09:26 PM
Thanks guys,
Had found the address prior to my post. Sent a letter by reg. mail and didn't get a reply. Thought there might be another way to contact him or get the book/article from someone. Thanks again Lou M.

Secretariat
06-07-2004, 07:35 PM
Just got something in the mail from Pope today. BMeadow is correct on address on ad. He was advertising OT & OB Longshots. It says you can turn a 100 bankroll into 3000 in 30 days. Man, must be sometihng....

There's no phone number or email to even contact on the order form.

BeatTheChalk
06-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Last time I was in contact was some years ago. He didnt seem
to be "together" But I am not the one to judge :) I had the
same address in Kansas City. He was a prolific seller of stuff
back in the 80's

John
06-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Just got a mailing from Dan Pope

Dan, claims to have obtained from a John H. " Beyer Scerets"

I guess John evaluates the Beyer number to fit the race your looking at several ways. Class, Weight, ect.

$ 50.00 will get you the above.

I wonder what Andy Beyer thinks of the above. Anyone know Andy personally. It would be nice to get his opinion before you buy.

John

The Skeptic
06-27-2004, 08:35 PM
Simple little address check says that address belongs to: Clayton Harding...whitepages.com

John
06-27-2004, 08:42 PM
The Skeptic

I am lost, are you saying that Pope is Harding or is Clayton Harding some one else.

Macdiarmadillo
07-14-2004, 05:31 AM
Just a guess, but it sounds like somebody bought out the original Royal Turf guy. Then again, writers can always use pseudonyms. The original book that Lou M. is looking for was IMO very useful stuff at the time but rather basic to me now. I felt I got my money's worth from him. It was just cheap enough to make it attractive but eliminated the folks who would buy $2 instant systems.

A lot of one-man businesses don't have contact phone #s or email addresses because they don't have the time to deal with them (and they will get a lot of calls and messages, mostly of the million questions or free info type).

Is the "Beyer Secret" is that the figs stink and you should be using BRIS numbers instead?