PDA

View Full Version : NYT: “We just need to get rid of Mary”

DJofSD
12-05-2014, 02:07 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/05/us/in-louisiana-runoff-election-senator-landrieu-tries-to-revive-her-base.html?_r=0

Faye Grafton, 80, of Haughton, La., said that she didn’t know too much about Mr. Cassidy, but that it really didn’t matter.

“We just need to get rid of Mary,” she said.

Woof!

JustRalph
12-05-2014, 04:23 PM
The implied racism in that article is palpable.

She's getting what she deserves. She is a rubber stamp for Obama.

Dahoss2002
12-06-2014, 02:33 AM
I will vote for the other guy today

Ocala Mike
12-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Thought from the thread title that the NYT article was another attack on Christmas and the virgin birth story! Carry on.

DJofSD
12-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Did not see that. You could be an editor.

Tom
12-06-2014, 09:43 AM
I love it when they eat their own.

Funny how the pipeline was bad for America until is was good for her politically.
All those jobs used as a tool instead of helping voters out.

Poster girl for DNC.

Robert Goren
12-06-2014, 02:39 PM
There was never a question on whether the pipeline was going to good for Louisiana (or Texas), but whether it was going to be good for states it passed through like Nebraska.

fast4522
12-06-2014, 03:12 PM
The problem is the behind the scenes manipulation of the narrative by the White House that does not want this. We as a people would have all done better had the puppet master lost his strings 2 years ago. We need this pipeline, should something happen to Iran it improves our position.

reckless
12-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Mary Landrieu becomes a political footnote after today.

She is overwhelmingly being rebuffed by the good citizens of Louisiana -- and not soon enough.

Her loss is another repudiation of the out-of-the-mainstream, radical liberal political agenda of the Democrat Party and Barry Obama.

Obama, Landrieu, along with their liberal co-conspirators hate this country, hate the hard-working America man and woman and dismiss our value system.

Kudos to our friends and fellow patriots in Louisiana.

reckless
12-06-2014, 03:26 PM
There was never a question on whether the pipeline was going to good for Louisiana (or Texas), but whether it was going to be good for states it passed through like Nebraska.

But what about potential jobs the pipeline would bring -- not just today but for many years to come?

The Democrats claim they love the working man but it's the working man's employers that they hate!

Tom
12-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Some states are destination, some are pass throughs.
It's like Denny's - no one goes there, you end up there.

fast4522
12-07-2014, 07:23 AM
GOP will hold 54 seats when the Senate convenes in January. It will be grand to watch this guy be treated like dirt.

Robert Goren
12-07-2014, 07:41 AM
But what about potential jobs the pipeline would bring -- not just today but for many years to come?

The Democrats claim they love the working man but it's the working man's employers that they hate! The most over rated thing about the pipeline is the jobs issue. For every job it creates, at least one railroad job (which how the oil is transported now) is lost. But a republican never wants to talk about that. If you really want to create some construction jobs in Nebraska, fix I-80. Heaven forbid, the republicans would want to fix something that was broke rather than fixing something isn't.

DJofSD
12-07-2014, 07:46 AM
The most over rated thing about the pipeline is the jobs issue. For every job it creates, at least one railroad job (which how the oil is transported now) is lost. But a republican never wants to talk about that. If you really want to create some construction jobs in Nebraska, fix I-80. Heaven forbid, the republicans would want to fix something that was broke rather than fixing something isn't.
Or really, one for one.

Ya gotta chart for that? Sounds like so much BS to me.

ArlJim78
12-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Landrieu voted for Obamacare and Hillary campaigned for her. Pretty much a double kiss of death right there.

There are now more black republican senators in the deep south than white democrat senators. :lol:

reckless
12-07-2014, 02:32 PM
The most over rated thing about the pipeline is the jobs issue. For every job it creates, at least one railroad job (which how the oil is transported now) is lost. But a republican never wants to talk about that. If you really want to create some construction jobs in Nebraska, fix I-80. Heaven forbid, the republicans would want to fix something that was broke rather than fixing something isn't.

Let's see, Robert .... pipelines creates jobs in many industries across all economic levels... from high-paying oil monkeys, truck drivers, restaurants, housing, industres that service housing, banks, etc., etc., etc., etc., across the board benefits.

I believe that the Keystone pipeline and other oil related drilling and exploration will create more 'good' and sustaining jobs than any industry or government promise available today.

The poor guy that loses his job because of the pipeline -- the railroad guy -- might just blame his boss for the job loss. And who could that boss be? Why, it's Warren Buffett, king of crony capitalism and every far out liberal phony's favorite billionaire. His company, Burlington Santa Fe, is the railroad that lugs all that oil, right Robert? Yes, it does. Burlington Santa Fe will see a drop in business, yes, with the pipeline.

Could the man behind stopping the Keystone pipeline actually be Obama's favorite money shuffler, Buffett? I say so, but what do I know about billionaires like Buffett? According to the left wing template, aren't capitalists like Buffett supposed to be Republicans?

If I-80 is falling apart and needs fixing, you can't blame the GOP since they also voted for Obama's Shovel Ready Jobs bill already. It was Obama and the Democrats that stole and pissed away the billions allocated for infrastructure.

fast4522
12-07-2014, 05:45 PM
Its not a party for RG.

Robert Goren
12-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Let's see, Robert .... pipelines creates jobs in many industries across all economic levels... from high-paying oil monkeys, truck drivers, restaurants, housing, industres that service housing, banks, etc., etc., etc., etc., across the board benefits.

I believe that the Keystone pipeline and other oil related drilling and exploration will create more 'good' and sustaining jobs than any industry or government promise available today.

The poor guy that loses his job because of the pipeline -- the railroad guy -- might just blame his boss for the job loss. And who could that boss be? Why, it's Warren Buffett, king of crony capitalism and every far out liberal phony's favorite billionaire. His company, Burlington Santa Fe, is the railroad that lugs all that oil, right Robert? Yes, it does. Burlington Santa Fe will see a drop in business, yes, with the pipeline.

Could the man behind stopping the Keystone pipeline actually be Obama's favorite money shuffler, Buffett? I say so, but what do I know about billionaires like Buffett? According to the left wing template, aren't capitalists like Buffett supposed to be Republicans?

If I-80 is falling apart and needs fixing, you can't blame the GOP since they also voted for Obama's Shovel Ready Jobs bill already. It was Obama and the Democrats that stole and pissed away the billions allocated for infrastructure.With the falling oil prices, there might not be any oil for the pipe line to transport. The ACA and cheap oil prices will be Obama's legacy.
How about a little proof that Obama stole the money for infrastructure!

tucker6
12-07-2014, 06:18 PM
With the falling oil prices, there might not be any oil for the pipe line to transport. The ACA and cheap oil prices will be Obama's legacy.
So blacks rioting in the streets daily is Obama's legacy? ISIS beheading people is Obama's legacy? How about rising income inequality? I mean, they all happened under Obama's watch without any influence by him either. Gotta take the bad with the good if you're gonna start that stuff Robert.

Let's not forget that $120 barrel prices is Obama's legacy as well. We should start a thread listing all of Obama's legacies. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
12-07-2014, 06:46 PM
With the falling oil prices, there might not be any oil for the pipe line to transport. The ACA and cheap oil prices will be Obama's legacy.

The ACA, yep. Cheap oil prices? Are you ****ing nuts? Since the 50's one group of men have controlled oil prices and they have finally been disrupted by U.S. interests. We should all be celebrating.

Obama and his pathetic minions have been fighting oil and gas interests forever. Yet they overcome. Maybe if Obama and his flacks had invested the Solyndra money into gas and oil they would have discovered a better cheaper way to extract the gas and oil. Innovation and the free market will always win in the end. Under 3 dollar a gallon gas is a great blow to the environmental movement. It's a great thing for the economy. It's an instant stimulus to every person in America. Even those who don't own a car.

Clocker
12-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Obama and his pathetic minions have been fighting oil and gas interests forever. Yet they overcome.

Obama has done everything humanly possible to reduce or eliminate the production of carbon based energy in this country. And when the private sector still manages to greatly increase American production, he has the balls to stand up in public and brag about it. :rolleyes:

fast4522
12-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h4-j9Jsjag

fast4522
12-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Plenty of graphs like this one.

Tom
12-07-2014, 09:50 PM
There is no viable replacement for oil at this time, and there will not be decades.
Longer, if we allow idiots like Obama to dabble in Solyndra type projects to pay of political debts rather than seriously explore renewable energy.

Renewable energy is a great thing and we need ti get it done asap.
The dems have not done one serious thing in that direction so far.

We need oil today, and we need it cheap.
And that need will not go away in our lifetime.

fast4522
12-08-2014, 06:24 AM
A small explanation of who we may be be in big trouble.

woodtoo
12-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h4-j9Jsjag

Thanks for posting. :ThmbUp: