PDA

View Full Version : Obama and Middle East sanctions

Clocker
12-05-2014, 12:12 PM
The White House refuses to comment on reports that the US is considering sanctions against Israel for on-going residential construction projects in Jerusalem.

The Obama administration is refusing to discuss reports that emerged early Thursday claiming that the White House is considering imposing sanctions on Israel for continuing construction on Jewish homes in Jerusalem.

State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf dodged several questions on Thursday when confronted with reports that the administration had held secret internal meetings to discuss taking action against Israel for its ongoing building in East Jerusalem.

At the same time, Obama is trying to keep Congress from expanding sanctions on Iran for building nuclear weapons.

So Iran nukes are okay, but he gets his panties in a knot about where Israel builds apartments in its own country?

Story (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/12/05/obama-officials-mum-on-reports-white-house-weighing-sanctions-on-israel/)

Tom
12-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Get in the way of Israel and this POS will learn what push back is.
I have said it all along, Obama is a terrorist.
Pander to our enemies and screw our friends.

I hope Israel tells this jabrony where to stick his sanctions.

TJDave
12-05-2014, 01:33 PM
East Jerusalem was annexed by Israel in 1980.

JustRalph
12-05-2014, 04:24 PM
sanctions against Israel? I laughed when I saw that............

He wouldn't dare, would he? :lol: :bang:

Who knows, he's a lame duck with an injured foot......... he might do anything

davew
12-05-2014, 04:55 PM
sanctions against Israel? I laughed when I saw that............

He wouldn't dare, would he? :lol: :bang:

Who knows, he's a lame duck with an injured foot......... he might do anything

are you serious? 0bama is pro-muslim

Clocker
12-05-2014, 05:07 PM

I don't think that Islam is the big issue. It is that the Israelis have made something of their country and most of the other countries of the Middle East have not. It is not about faith, it is about spreading the wealth around. And Israel is not spreading its wealthy around to its neighbors. The big bully.

Obama wants Netanyahu to feel as guilty about Israel's success as he feels about America's.

davew
12-05-2014, 05:19 PM
I don't think that Islam is the big issue. It is that the Israelis have made something of their country and most of the other countries of the Middle East have not. It is not about faith, it is about spreading the wealth around. And Israel is not spreading its wealthy around to its neighbors. The big bully.

Obama wants Netanyahu to feel as guilty about Israel's success as he feels about America's.

It could be - he definitely is against imperialism

as a kid, didn't he spend 3 years in a private muslim school?

Clocker
12-05-2014, 05:33 PM
It could be - he definitely is against imperialism

as a kid, didn't he spend 3 years in a private muslim school?

I know he went to grade school in Jakarta for some years. He is definitely sympathetic toward Muslim countries, but his religious foundation is pure Rev. Jeremiah Wright black liberation theology. Wright's religious principle of collective salvation fits well with the political policy of sharing the wealth here on earth.

reckless
12-05-2014, 05:41 PM
It's strictly Obama's anti-Semitisim, anti-Israel, anti-Netanyahu sentiment rearing its ugly head.

Obama's pro-Muslim, hate Israel thinking is part-and-parcel of the American and European left and the US Democrat Party.

Clocker
12-05-2014, 06:12 PM
White House mouth piece Josh Earnest would not comment on whether or not sanctions are being planned or considered. But he did say that the Israeli settlements being constructed are "illegitimate".

Glad to know that our government has such a finely tuned sense of legality and morality that we don't tolerate illegitimate actions by government leaders. :rolleyes:

fast4522
12-05-2014, 06:25 PM
[QUOTE=Clocker]The White House refuses to comment on reports that the US is considering sanctions against Israel for on-going residential construction projects in Jerusalem.[QUOTE]

Strictly what I intend to do is listen to Benjamin Netanyahu when he speaks on the subject. He is he the current Prime Minister of Israel, and the man is always crystal clear in comparison to the spin we receive from our own.

Clocker
12-05-2014, 06:53 PM
This is another potential big hurt for the chances of the Democratic Party for 2016. For unknown reason, the Jewish and pro-Israel community in this country has been very loyal to the Dems. Kiss that vote good-bye if sanctions happen.

But hey, Obama doesn't care. He isn't running any more, and has a lot more flexibility now.

JustRalph
12-05-2014, 07:43 PM

Do you know how much Jews give to the Democratic Party every election?

They literally sustain the brand.

davew
12-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Do you know how much Jews give to the Democratic Party every election?

They literally sustain the brand.

Obama (since elected) is more concerned about his legacy than the Democratic party or the United States. I realize the Jewish Community basically bankrolled the civil rights movement and in the past were strong supporters of the Democratic Party. I guess Reid and Pelosi did not explain this to him - or he 'knew better'.

Tom
12-05-2014, 11:38 PM
are you serious? 0bama is a muslim

FTFY