PDA

View Full Version : Riders Up

GaryG
12-02-2014, 07:55 PM
I have not been around here very much lately, but I see no mention of a Riders Up contest for this season.

kingfin66
12-02-2014, 10:20 PM
I hope we hear something soon. Last year, Track Collector posted the announcement on 12/5/13 and the contest began on 12/14/13. We aren't late...yet.

dylbert
12-04-2014, 09:33 AM
Same here. Haven't been here much lately.

Is this contest defunct now? This contest got me involved here many years back.

Thanks for any updates or information.

cj
12-04-2014, 11:12 AM
I can't promise any prizes or anything, but no reason anybody can't start a thread and we all keep score.

PaceAdvantage
12-04-2014, 02:41 PM
I've been blessed with lots of good volunteer help (luckily for me, since I'm a cheap bastard) over the years running contests.

However, there has been a shaking out as of late, and a definite scale back of contests is on the horizon.

Jay Trotter was awesome...but...he found less and less time to do the contests, and he grew to hate me more and more, presumably because he mistakenly believes I am some ultra right-wing Tea Party jackbooted thug...he's a terribly misguided Canadian in that regard, but that's another story for another day.

Since then, Track Collector and Ted Craven stepped in to help out immensely in both scoring, and in Ted's case, generously providing cash and prizes.

TC might still be on board in terms of scoring here or there, I haven't discussed it with him in a few weeks. Ted I believe is out of the contest business, but might be a sponsor every now and then.

The Ridersup has been a mainstay here, and has always been a fun contest. Unfortunately, unless I can land some help in the scoring department, I'm afraid I can't be the one to provide reliable and timely scoring/administration given my current schedule.

I'm not sure self-scoring is the answer, as that might lead to one too many disputes...

As for prizes, I see no reason why if the Ridersup is held, prize money won't be the same as past years.

dylbert
12-06-2014, 12:16 AM
RIP Ridersup Aqueduct Inner Pick 4 contest. It had good run.

Tom
12-06-2014, 12:24 AM
Well, we can post some for tomorrow for practice - unofficial, no prize, bragging rights only stuff.

I started a thread in Selections.

PaceAdvantage
12-06-2014, 03:06 AM
RIP Ridersup Aqueduct Inner Pick 4 contest. It had good run.Nobody said it was dead...in fact, it looks quite good that the contest will start next week...

098poi
12-06-2014, 09:33 AM
I can contribute $100 for prizes as I was thinking of having the high gross winner on the first day get $100. I think there was a cap on winnings and I thought if there was a first day incentive more people would participate. My offer still stands and can be in the form of a gift card of winners choice. This can be applied to final scores or first day whatever PA wants. I don't know if I can assist in scoring as it looks so remarkably tedious and I fear I would scramble some numbers. I hope this happens it helps me get through the winter!

PaceAdvantage
12-06-2014, 05:28 PM
I appreciate the offer, but prize money wasn't the real stumbling block. Someone PM'd me that they would help score the contest, so it looks like we'll be starting the Ridersup next weekend...

davew
12-12-2014, 06:41 PM
contest starts tomorrow
Aqueduct pick 4s

Appy
12-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Curious...is there a website that collects and offer a list and date schedule for ALL handicapping contests?

davew
12-31-2014, 04:37 PM
NEW YEARS day

added as holiday part of contest