PDA

View Full Version : race 8 aqu tomorrow?

footballfish1213
12-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Hey I'm all new too handicapping trying to make something out of It. With that said I'm giving up on triples and superfecta's for now had no luck. Looking to do a cross the board bet tomorrow at aqueduct.

Race 8 at aqueduct

The 7 horse on a cross the board bet!!!!

Is this a good bet for this race do u see it paying off??

Thanks for any help and input

Appy
12-02-2014, 05:05 PM
As I see it you have a certain amount of potential to collect a place bet.

footballfish1213
12-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Thank you

bello
12-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Tread lightly if you must play...especially on a wet track.

Stillriledup
12-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Im old to handicapping but quite often, i'll FEEL like its my first day at the track :D so i know how you feel.

As far as your pick, i'm not going to talk you off of it, but one thing i see is that horses who "Race well" at FL many don't transfer that form to the major NY Tracks. This horse looked bad on paper and the only good recent PP lines are from FL, so to me, i think i would need to see a representative performance at a major track in order to entice me.

Robert Fischer
12-02-2014, 07:43 PM
after scratches could be a small field and that 8 will be the main question.

I couldn't bet a horse I liked in this field, I'd have to dislike the 8 for some reason.

footballfish1213
12-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Hmm now I'm thinking should I bet another race

whodoyoulike
12-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Hey I'm all new too handicapping trying to make something out of It. With that said I'm giving up on triples and superfecta's for now had no luck. Looking to do a cross the board bet tomorrow at aqueduct.

Race 8 at aqueduct

The 7 horse on a cross the board bet!!!!

Is this a good bet for this race do u see it paying off??

Thanks for any help and input

I'm curious. What's so interesting about this race? What do you like about #7? I see a bunch of slow horses except for two.

footballfish1213
12-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Just trying to stick with the basic's its a track I been starting out with and its an allowance race. Is this not a good race to start with?

whodoyoulike
12-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Like I said this is a bunch of slow inconsistent performing horses, IMO.

footballfish1213
12-02-2014, 10:45 PM
And after looking at the pp don't look to much of a bad bet. Unless I'm wrong and not seeing something. Please explain

Some_One
12-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Never a huge fan of late speed on the inner unless you know there are a couple E's in the race and it doesn't look like this race has it. The 5 might be a price to turn the tables on the 4 with the surface change and wire the field.

footballfish1213
12-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Is there any better races I should take a look at, at aqueduct I should look into maybe?

Robert Fischer
12-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Is there any better races I should take a look at, at aqueduct I should look into maybe?

The 7th is a pretty cool race.

DeltaLover
12-02-2014, 11:17 PM
i like: race 4 :5: Special Ops

whodoyoulike
12-02-2014, 11:39 PM
If you feel this (#8) is a good race, go for it. I know from postings some on here can note improvements in horses. Check replays (if avail.) with your selection and compare with other contenders in the race. The PP are several weeks old so watch the paddock and warm ups for "fitness".

Search for a recent previous post regarding the Trainer's Edge. Some good info for a beginner and an experienced handicapper.

DeltaLover
12-02-2014, 11:39 PM
race 5 :2: Mr Rico Is Valid

PhantomOnTour
12-02-2014, 11:45 PM
#4 Piccolo Flats cleared this condition 3 days ago and is no longer eligible for this race.
The conditions at FL may be different for these NY bred Alwn1x races, but isn't #7 Swift Taylor also ineligible for this by virtue of her win on 26Sept?

Cholly
12-02-2014, 11:54 PM
#4 Piccolo Flats cleared this condition 3 days ago and is no longer eligible for this race.
The conditions at FL may be different for these NY bred Alwn1x races, but isn't #7 Swift Taylor also ineligible for this by virtue of her win on 26Sept?Purse for winning that race was only $11,500--under this races condition of non-winners of $13,000.

PhantomOnTour
12-02-2014, 11:57 PM
Purse for winning that race was only $11,500--under this races condition of non-winners of $13,000.
Thx for the explanation.
FL purse money had to be the reason

EDIT:
I am not betting this race, but it looks like Arroyo should push this #1 from the gate and get the lead. Ran a clear 2nd three days ago.
If she runs, she can be dangerous all the way

Rise Over Run
12-03-2014, 08:34 AM
Thx for the explanation.
FL purse money had to be the reason

EDIT:
I am not betting this race, but it looks like Arroyo should push this #1 from the gate and get the lead. Ran a clear 2nd three days ago.
If she runs, she can be dangerous all the way
Two threads on a race that will have 4 starters and be won by Clean Eleven at 1/2. :rolleyes:

zico20
12-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Two threads on a race that will have 4 starters and be won by Clean Eleven at 1/2. :rolleyes:

Its official. Only 4 horses. The third race has only 4 horses also.

footballfish1213
12-03-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm sticking to my beat for race 8 at aqueduct!!! A cross the board bet on the 7 horse. I know the field is small now and very much aware of what everyone concerns are with this race. But I also know its important to stand behind your bet. I been handicapping this race a few days and don't see it as a bad bet.

Am I wrong? Am I not seeing something?

What do u see happening?

Thank you for any input coming up to post time lol

Rise Over Run
12-03-2014, 01:02 PM
No show wagering

footballfish1213
12-03-2014, 01:20 PM
What do u mean no show wagering??

zico20
12-03-2014, 01:44 PM
What do u mean no show wagering??

No track runs 4 horse show wagering. None. It happened one time that I can remember about 25 years ago at Arlington. I put 600 to show on the big favorite and won 30 bucks. Wont ever see it again.

Stillriledup
12-03-2014, 03:41 PM
What's with 4 scratches in this race?

Maybe they should raise the price of coffee for the "lost revenue" they got in this race by it not being an 8 horse field?

PICSIX
12-03-2014, 03:46 PM

What :eek: :eek:

Stillriledup
12-03-2014, 03:56 PM

more threads than horses. :D

JustRalph
12-03-2014, 04:08 PM
well that sucked............

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/videos/20141203/8/

Robert Fischer
12-03-2014, 04:42 PM
I'm sticking to my beat for race 8 at aqueduct!!! A cross the board bet on the 7 horse. I know the field is small now and very much aware of what everyone concerns are with this race. But I also know its important to stand behind your bet. I been handicapping this race a few days and don't see it as a bad bet.

Am I wrong? Am I not seeing something?

What do u see happening?

When the field is so small (4 horses) the takeout really puts a hurting on the money.

Then you have a horse like the 8, who figured to dominate the betting. If you really hated the 8, you could try to make money on other horses to win or in the multi-race wagers, but it was a pretty bad race to bet. There just wasn't a lot of opportunity in that one.

Stillriledup
12-03-2014, 04:56 PM
When the field is so small (4 horses) the takeout really puts a hurting on the money.

Then you have a horse like the 8, who figured to dominate the betting. If you really hated the 8, you could try to make money on other horses to win or in the multi-race wagers, but it was a pretty bad race to bet. There just wasn't a lot of opportunity in that one.

To the OP, these FL horses look good on paper, but quite often they can't run to their FL form.

I didnt like the 8 at all, i thought she was just bet down because of the trainer, wasn't sure why she was even the favorite, certainly didnt' look like much on paper.

Robert Fischer
12-03-2014, 05:04 PM
To the OP, these FL horses look good on paper, but quite often they can't run to their FL form.

I didnt like the 8 at all, i thought she was just bet down because of the trainer, wasn't sure why she was even the favorite, certainly didnt' look like much on paper.

Top trainer, and without going back to those PPs again - pretty sure she broke maiden vs. NY breds, then had moved into open company before today.

So you had the 7 moving up in class (FL-->NYB) and you had the 8 dropping (Open-->NYB).

There wasn't a lot of information for me. I could see why the 8 should be favored, and I didn't notice anything that I hated about her, but her form had some question marks.

If you didn't like her, the 2and3 in multis wasn't a bad bet.
Was a 'pass race' for me.

whodoyoulike
12-03-2014, 05:10 PM
well that sucked............

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/videos/20141203/8/

I'm very surprised, you sound surprised. Went 6f in 76+/- on a muddy track. Does that (time wise) happen often at Aqu? It was worse than I thought could occur but I didn't know about today's weather conditions.

whodoyoulike
12-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Top trainer, and without going back to those PPs again - pretty sure she broke maiden vs. NY breds, then had moved into open company before today.

So you had the 7 moving up in class (FL-->NYB) and you had the 8 dropping (Open-->NYB).

There wasn't a lot of information for me. I could see why the 8 should be favored, and I didn't notice anything that I hated about her, but her form had some question marks.

If you didn't like her, the 2and3 in multis wasn't a bad bet.
Was a 'pass race' for me.

I think the #8 never raced over 6f. I do bet sprint to route but, don't really like to do it because you never really know. And, I'm fairly certain the trainer connection influenced the horse's odds.

Stillriledup
12-03-2014, 05:18 PM
I think the #8 never raced over 6f. I do bet sprint to route but, don't really like to do it because you never really know. And, I'm fairly certain the trainer connection influenced the horse's odds.

Very fancy jock and trainer, people forgot to look at the Beyers, they were slower than what the 1 and 3 had been running as well as her never being 2 turns before.

whodoyoulike
12-03-2014, 06:05 PM
I've never wagered on Finger Lakes races. Are video replays available?

therussmeister
12-03-2014, 07:57 PM
http://www.fingerlakesgaming.com/Replays.aspx

JustRalph
12-03-2014, 07:58 PM
I'm very surprised, you sound surprised. Went 6f in 76+/- on a muddy track. Does that (time wise) happen often at Aqu? It was worse than I thought could occur but I didn't know about today's weather conditions.

You make too much of my comment. I didn't even look at the pps

I just went over and watched the replay. I guess that I should have said "well, that sucked for the guy who started the thread"