PDA

View Full Version : Political correctness taken to its insane extreme

Clocker
12-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Two military chaplains were forced out of a VA chaplain training program for quoting scripture and praying. The one-year training program is required for anyone wanting to work as a chaplain in a VA hospital.

According to one of them, when he referred to the Lord's Prayer in a training class, the instructor “angrily pounded her fist on the table and shouted, ‘Do not quote Scripture in this class.’”

Story (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/11/11/veterans-affairs-forced-chaplains-from-program-for-quoting-scripture-praying-in/)

boxcar
12-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Two military chaplains were forced out of a VA chaplain training program for quoting scripture and praying. The one-year training program is required for anyone wanting to work as a chaplain in a VA hospital.

According to one of them, when he referred to the Lord's Prayer in a training class, the instructor “angrily pounded her fist on the table and shouted, ‘Do not quote Scripture in this class.’”

Story (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/11/11/veterans-affairs-forced-chaplains-from-program-for-quoting-scripture-praying-in/)

Those two chaplains should have followed the pope's lead the other day when he visited a mosque in Turkey. They should have removed their shoes in the classroom, turned to face Mecca and bowed their heads in prayer --- making theirs audible to Allah. I guarantee the instructor's fine feathers would have quickly become unruffled.

FantasticDan
12-02-2014, 11:07 AM
:rolleyes: :sleeping:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/11/13/right-wing-medias-latest-hysterical-lie-the-mil/196885

Tom
12-02-2014, 11:09 AM
They should have thrown their shoes at him! :D

Media Matters? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tom
12-02-2014, 11:17 AM
How about this one - the Feds are suing companies for complying with Obama Care. Parts of it violate the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Talk about yer left hand not knowin' whatsyer right hand is doin' :lol:

LottaKash
12-02-2014, 11:32 AM
There you have it folks, see what happens, and it was bound to happen, because this is what happens, slowly, bit by bit, when you elect a man who embraces communistic ideals, and has been surrounded by people of the same mindset all of his life...

He has fired over 200 Military officers so far, and God knows who he has replaced them with, and now this, evidence of where this nation is really headed...

This is Satan's time....The end times spoken of in the Bible....There is an evil that is slowly permeating this nation and the entire world, and it is growing, just like the evil slime river underneath NYC in one of the funny ghostbusters movies, only thing is, this ain't funny, it is very real...

excerpt:
4. In the aftermath of the Sandy Hook school shooting, Klender mentioned during a group discussion on counseling that he would tell a parent that “there is evil in the world.” Dietsch retorted, “You don’t actually believe that do you?”

FantasticDan
12-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Media Matters? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:Oops, sorry Tom, I keep forgetting that the light there hurts Morlock eyes :eek: :blush: :cool:

Clocker
12-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Thank God (oops, sorry) that we have watch dogs like Media Matters to protect us from ungodly (oops, did it again) practices like chaplains talking about scripture.

FantasticDan
12-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Thank God (oops, sorry) that we have watch dogs like Media Matters to protect us from ungodly (oops, did it again) practices like chaplains talking about scripture. :confused: Media Matters is the devil's pawn.. it's all those other groups that are struggling to maintain religious freedoms from being stripped by the Communist Satan.. :mad: :mad: :D

classhandicapper
12-02-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm progressively finding the Italian Mafia's way of dealing with idiots to be superior to what we have in place now.

thaskalos
12-02-2014, 03:46 PM
There you have it folks, see what happens, and it was bound to happen, because this is what happens, slowly, bit by bit, when you elect a man who embraces communistic ideals, and has been surrounded by people of the same mindset all of his life...

He has fired over 200 Military officers so far, and God knows who he has replaced them with, and now this, evidence of where this nation is really headed...

This is Satan's time....The end times spoken of in the Bible....There is an evil that is slowly permeating this nation and the entire world, and it is growing, just like the evil slime river underneath NYC in one of the funny ghostbusters movies, only thing is, this ain't funny, it is very real...

excerpt:
4. In the aftermath of the Sandy Hook school shooting, Klender mentioned during a group discussion on counseling that he would tell a parent that “there is evil in the world.” Dietsch retorted, “You don’t actually believe that do you?”

"THIS" is Satan's time? When wasn't it Satan's time in this world?

FantasticDan
12-02-2014, 03:50 PM
"THIS" is Satan's time? When wasn't it Satan's time in this world?He's actually a pretty cool guy.. :ThmbUp:

ML2aQTn_1Ao

TJDave
12-02-2014, 03:54 PM
This is Satan's time....The end times spoken of in the Bible...

I'm looking forward to you getting raptured. ;)

thaskalos
12-02-2014, 04:02 PM
I look at this world, where nothing makes sense...and I start believing that we've all been despicable people in a prior life...and this is the "hell" where we've been sent to pay for our "sins". If there is a hell...then it must be close to what we got right here. A sick society, where you don't know whom to trust...or what advice for the future to give to your kids.

FantasticDan
12-02-2014, 04:10 PM
I look at this world, where nothing makes sense...and I start believing that we've all been despicable people in a prior life...and this is the "hell" where we've been sent to pay for our "sins". If there is a hell...then it must be close to what we got right here. A sick society, where you don't know whom to trustAre you talking about PA, or the world in general? :p

ReplayRandall
12-02-2014, 04:18 PM
I look at this world, where nothing makes sense...and I start believing that we've all been despicable people in a prior life...and this is the "hell" where we've been sent to pay for our sins. If there is a hell...then it must be close to what we got right here. A sick society, where you don't know whom to trust...or what advice for the future to give to your kids.

There's certainly a "ring" of real truth to what you posted, Thask. I tell younger people of what it was like 40-50 years ago in this country, black and white TV, doors unlocked, most folk attending church, no cell phones or PC's, kids walking or riding their bikes miles to school, etc.; they just look at me and say "no way".......

thaskalos
12-02-2014, 04:30 PM
There's certainly a "ring" of real truth to what you posted, Thask. I tell younger people of what it was like 40-50 years ago in this country, black and white TV, doors unlocked, most folk attending church, no cell phones or PC's, kids walking or riding their bikes miles to school, etc.; they just look at me and say "no way".......

I turn on the radio or the TV...and I am being lied to constantly. I go to the grocery store...and all the prominent aisles are filled with products which have been proven to shorten my life. On the cover of every magazine that I see are pictures of maladjusted, drug addicted personalities whom our society has elevated to "role model" status. The schools don't teach...and the hospitals don't heal. And I am supposed to believe that I live in a "modern", "civilized" society...simply because there is a big-screen TV in every home...and a "smartphone" in every hand. :rolleyes:

Saratoga_Mike
12-02-2014, 04:50 PM
I turn on the radio or the TV...and I am being lied to constantly. I go to the grocery store...and all the prominent aisles are filled with products which have been proven to shorten my life. On the cover of every magazine that I see are pictures of maladjusted, drug addicted personalities whom our society has elevated to "role model" status. The schools don't teach...and the hospitals don't heal. And I am supposed to believe that I live in a "modern", "civilized" society...simply because there is a big-screen TV in every home...and a "smartphone" in every hand. :rolleyes:

I turn on the TV...and the options are unbelievable, everything from The History Channel to PBS and TVG....I go to the grocery store...and I find the selections simply amazing, everything from organic foods to bad-for-me snacks ....the hospitals heal like never before with life expectancy up radically over the past 100 years...and all these modern amenities allowed me to witness the greatest t'bred of all-time, Zenyatta, from the comfort of my own home....what a country

Greyfox
12-02-2014, 04:59 PM
I look at this world, where nothing makes sense...and I start believing that we've all been despicable people in a prior life...and this is the "hell" where we've been sent to pay for our "sins". If there is a hell...then it must be close to what we got right here. A sick society, where you don't know whom to trust...or what advice for the future to give to your kids.

Sure there are a lot of things wrong in our decadent society.

But North Americans have no idea the HELL of living in refugee camps like over a million Syrians are today, or drought starved parts of Africa, the snake pits of India and Pakistan, and the caves that over a million Chinese live in.

Comparatively speaking, to the vast majority of the world, North Americans have it pretty damn good.
Count your blessings that nothing ever happens to our natural gas and electricity sources.
Count your blessings that modern medicine is able to help many of us function normal lives.
Count your blessings that Dentists have pain killers for absessed teeth.
And so on and so on.
Count your blessings that we've got indoor toilets and sewage lines to take it away.
There are some places on this planet that just don't have what we take for granted. (eg. If I want a drink of water, I turn on the tap. In some villages in other lands, people have to walk for miles to get their water.)

When someone says this is Hell, I only have to go back 3 generations and look at the hardships my grand-parents and great grand-parents had to endure.
We've got it pretty good in spite of all that is rotten about Western Civilization.

thaskalos
12-02-2014, 05:26 PM
I turn on the TV...and the options are unbelievable, everything from The History Channel to PBS and TVG....I go to the grocery store...and I find the selections simply amazing, everything from organic foods to bad-for-me snacks ....the hospitals heal like never before with life expectancy up radically over the past 100 years...and all these modern amenities allowed me to witness the greatest t'bred of all-time, Zenyatta, from the comfort of my own home....what a country

Hey...I don't remember you being such a big Zenyatta fan, back in the days of our heated discussions here. Am I wrong? :)

Saratoga_Mike
12-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Hey...I don't remember you being such a big Zenyatta fan, back in the days of our heated discussions here. Am I wrong? :)

I was not - that was an alternative reality for you!

thaskalos
12-02-2014, 05:35 PM
I was not - that was an alternative reality for you!

Oh, I see. Then you must have been kidding about the rest too. ;)

thaskalos
12-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Sure there are a lot of things wrong in our decadent society.

But North Americans have no idea the HELL of living in refugee camps like over a million Syrians are today, or drought starved parts of Africa, the snake pits of India and Pakistan, and the caves that over a million Chinese live in.

Comparatively speaking, to the vast majority of the world, North Americans have it pretty damn good.
Count your blessings that nothing ever happens to our natural gas and electricity sources.
Count your blessings that modern medicine is able to help many of us function normal lives.
Count your blessings that Dentists have pain killers for absessed teeth.
And so on and so on.
Count your blessings that we've got indoor toilets and sewage lines to take it away.
There are some places on this planet that just don't have what we take for granted. (eg. If I want a drink of water, I turn on the tap. In some villages in other lands, people have to walk for miles to get their water.)

When someone says this is Hell, I only have to go back 3 generations and look at the hardships my grand-parents and great grand-parents had to endure.
We've got it pretty good in spite of all that is rotten about Western Civilization.

I wasn't talking only about this country, Greyfox. When I said that this is "hell", I was talking about the world at large. Yes...we have improved in some ways...but we've also deteriorated in some very important areas. The 20th century was the bloodiest century in human history...and things are not exactly looking up for the future. And kids are still starving in record numbers, throughout the world. Can indoor toilets make up for that?

It's my nature to look at things as they SHOULD be...and ask, "Why Not?"

Maybe that's why I don't smile as much as perhaps I should. :)

fast4522
12-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Perspective is something there is no shortage here. Before talking about advancement or decline one should note population as a baseline, liberal whining about horror stories never accounts for increased population in any situation. When resources like water, are at the same percentage as they were 200 years ago but population has grown many times more why whine about it. The story goes way beyond natural resources, the burden should not rest on the rich or the working, you can take every single penny away from the rich and it will not cure anything. In fact if you decide the working tax rate should be 75 % that would not cure anything after the rich have forked over everything. The answer to the problem is you, sloth is a very old word but the real problem is those who support sloth. Some have to be sent to the ants.

Greyfox
12-02-2014, 06:49 PM
I wasn't talking only about this country, Greyfox. When I said that this is "hell", I was talking about the world at large.

If I thought that the planet earth was Hell, I wouldn't have had children.
I did though and so did you.
I wanted my children to get the joy out of life that I've experienced.
If it's such a miserable place, why did you and your late wife have a child?

LottaKash
12-02-2014, 07:30 PM
"THIS" is Satan's time? When wasn't it Satan's time in this world?

Gus, you are so right, there has always been the great push and pull of Good vs. Evil forces and entities in this universe, but it is just so much greater now, and getting worse with each passing day... Both here and globally..

As a Christian and a Veteran, I take great exception to this Chaplain Chit...I am very offended by it...As if I can pray to a tree or some other wiccan chit, and hope for better things to come..

The great Apostasy is spoken of in the Bible, and we are witnessing the very same thing(s) that have been prophecied and spoken of in the Bible...This is not the proper thread for any more of this tho, I don't think..

Still, the facts(s) remain, we have a commie like leader and sheep for followers in our Congress now, and they are like a wrecking crew and they are doing commie things, and they are getting their way and away with it, and it results in our FREEDOMS which are eroding away rapidly, while at the same time we are quickly headed for a NWO and a NWonereligion (both of these are spoken and prophesied of, in the Bible)....I see it as plain as day...

He that has ears to hear, let him hear...And, he that eyes to see let him see...

I am not down on America, only on what is happening to it these days...

thaskalos
12-02-2014, 08:13 PM
If I thought that the planet earth was Hell, I wouldn't have had children.
I did though and so did you.
I wanted my children to get the joy out of life that I've experienced.
If it's such a miserable place, why did you and your late wife have a child?

Our experiences differ...and, consequently, so do our opinions. This life is the only one there is...and I wanted my kid to experience it because something is better than nothing. Plus...there is a remote possibility that our kids may be able to succeed where we have failed...and this world might see better days at some point in the future. I am a pessimist, but I still hold on to a faint hope...

thaskalos
12-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Perspective is something there is no shortage here. Before talking about advancement or decline one should note population as a baseline, liberal whining about horror stories never accounts for increased population in any situation. When resources like water, are at the same percentage as they were 200 years ago but population has grown many times more why whine about it. The story goes way beyond natural resources, the burden should not rest on the rich or the working, you can take every single penny away from the rich and it will not cure anything. In fact if you decide the working tax rate should be 75 % that would not cure anything after the rich have forked over everything. The answer to the problem is you, sloth is a very old word but the real problem is those who support sloth. Some have to be sent to the ants.

Who is the "you" who supports sloth? I sometimes wish that I could see up-close what some of you guys do for a living.

Greyfox
12-02-2014, 09:56 PM
I am a pessimist, but I still hold on to a faint hope...

You are a very intelligent man Thaskalos.

But I think that you could learn a little from a blind poet, who I read over 50 years ago--.

“The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Milton

fast4522
12-03-2014, 07:06 AM
Who is the "you" who supports sloth? I sometimes wish that I could see up-close what some of you guys do for a living.

Everyone who feels this is our problem because we can do something about it. Birds flourish and fly free only to a point, their sustenance is dependent on scraps to be found. Peoples of the world humping themselves into environments that have little sustenance to sustain their offspring is not our problem. There should be no reward for the stupid, none. These guys are more deserving.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/environment/wildlife/article4285655.ece

boxcar
12-03-2014, 09:09 AM
You are a very intelligent man Thaskalos.

But I think that you could learn a little from a blind poet, who I read over 50 years ago--.

“The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Milton

Ahh..."A man is what he thinketh in his heart".

But I can understand Thask's pessimism. The world does not offer any true hope. And I think he senses that in his heart.

thaskalos
12-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Everyone who feels this is our problem because we can do something about it. Birds flourish and fly free only to a point, their sustenance is dependent on scraps to be found. Peoples of the world humping themselves into environments that have little sustenance to sustain their offspring is not our problem. There should be no reward for the stupid, none. These guys are more deserving.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/environment/wildlife/article4285655.ece

I can't agree with what you are saying here; decrying worldwide hunger isn't the same as "supporting sloth". In fact...I would say that anyone who can't generate some genuine compassion for the starving kids -- who have resulted from the "peoples of the world humping themselves into environments that have little sustenance to sustain their offspring" -- is an idiot.

People in desperate need may not be "our problem"...but helping them is the humane thing to do. And if we can't -- or are unwilling -- to help them...then the least we can do is refrain from ridiculing them, by calling them "stupid". Is it really that hard to have some compassion for the truly unfortunate people of this world...and does it make you a "socialist" if you do? Should we feel good about living in a morbidly obese society...as the world's children are dying of hunger in record numbers? "Not our problem"...you say. Whose problem should it be then?

Tom
12-03-2014, 12:25 PM
JuA0Xm2cy1s

ReplayRandall
12-03-2014, 01:19 PM
JuA0Xm2cy1s

Thanks Tom! The funniest comedian in my lifetime.......Classic, truly an original.....miss him.

BlueShoe
12-03-2014, 05:36 PM

Her Fist and shouted?? The men should have quoted what Saint Paul wrote in his first letter to the Corinthians, chapter 14, verse 34;" Let your women keep silence in the churches, for it is not permitted for them to speak, but they are commanded to be under obiedience, as also saith the law. "

Clocker
12-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Her Fist and shouted?? The men should have quoted what Saint Paul wrote in his first letter to the Corinthians, chapter 14, verse 34;" Let your women keep silence in the churches, for it is not permitted for them to speak, but they are commanded to be under obiedience, as also saith the law. "

Honestly, what has today's military come to, anyway? :rolleyes:

BlueShoe
12-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Honestly, what has today's military come to, anyway? :rolleyes:

A PC Yes Sir (Ma'am) me too club? :( :mad: We had threads and posts not long ago about how the Obama Administration has fired, forced into retirement, or denied promotion to officers that do not agree with official policies. Some senior NCOs are not reuping, and are leaving the service, fed up wih the nonsense dumped unto them.

fast4522
12-03-2014, 06:42 PM
thaskalos,

Let us fast forward 25 years and examine the likelihood of opinions, world hunger, and what have you.

Either no change or wiped out segments of those poor your heart bleeds for.
Closer to home, the United States national debt as of yesterday was 18 TRILLION. Going forward twenty five years we will both likely be dead with our progeny stuck paying for OUR stupidly. If you can not put your own house in order, you have absolutely no business delving into others. In your lifetime you will see much more that will completely disgust you, there will be no shortage of people who say that they feel your pain.