PDA

View Full Version : Purses at Gulfstream

Bigadam119
11-28-2014, 11:41 PM
For being the "premier" track on the east coast all winter, their purses seem kind of low in the first condition book.

cj
11-29-2014, 12:00 AM
For being the "premier" track on the east coast all winter, their purses seem kind of low in the first condition book.

Gulfstream purses have never been that great from what I can remember.

alhattab
11-29-2014, 12:12 AM

Last year straight maiden 2yo going long on the grass went for 47k including $5k FOA. This year same race is $40k including $4k FOA. That is about 15% cut for both. Suspect GP may be subsidizing GPW for the near/medium term.

Bigadam119
11-29-2014, 12:23 AM
Last year straight maiden 2yo going long on the grass went for 47k including $5k FOA. This year same race is $40k including $4k FOA. That is about 15% cut for both. Suspect GP may be subsidizing GPW for the near/medium term.

Even Parx is doing better than that at 44k MSW. Their allowance races look to be a bit higher too. Does Aqueduct keep the same purse structure when they switch to the inner track?

alhattab
11-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Even Parx is doing better than that at 44k MSW. Their allowance races look to be a bit higher too. Does Aqueduct keep the same purse structure when they switch to the inner track?

I believe so. Looks like open maidens going long are $60k both before and after moving to the Inner.

dirty moose
11-29-2014, 02:50 PM
I like Parx over both track. I like Parx over most tracks to be honest.

onefast99
11-29-2014, 05:25 PM
Gulfstream purses have never been that great from what I can remember.
Later on in the year the purses increase the first book is always light on the purse monies. Florida breds get a nice bonus when they run in open company last year they had an add'l $13,500 added to a race right after the Fl derby was run, in recent years they have also added a bonus if you shipped in from Palm Meadows to the owner and trainer.