PDA

View Full Version : Dortmund Sat at CD

zico20
11-27-2014, 12:54 PM
This seems like a strange move for Baffert. Sending a horse to CD for an allowance race. I wonder if he just wants Dortmund to get a handle of the CD surface. There is no way on Gods green earth that he goes off at 5-2 like he is on the ML. I venture to guess 4-5 is what the final odds are.

CosmicWon
11-27-2014, 07:42 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how he gets to be blinkers off coming off a win? I thought equipment changes weren't allowed if last effort was a winning one a la Big Drama in the 2009 Preakness.

Maybe that's just for everyone not named Baffert because I think he did the same move again with Bayern along the way too.

I think Hoppertunity is legit tomorrow but his Dort and Nelson both seem like fades imho on Saturday.

moneyandland
11-27-2014, 07:48 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how he gets to be blinkers off coming off a win? I thought equipment changes weren't allowed if last effort was a winning one a la Big Drama in the 2009 Preakness.

Maybe that's just for everyone not named Baffert because I think he did the same move again with Bayern along the way too.

I think Hoppertunity is legit tomorrow but his Dort and Nelson both seem like fades imho on Saturday.

I've never heard of any rule in Tbred racing regarding equipment changes based off of a win

lamboguy
11-27-2014, 09:16 PM
I've never heard of any rule in Tbred racing regarding equipment changes based off of a winyou can't put blinkers on a horse after a win unless you get special permission from the stewards. it would have to be a special circumstance.

maclr11
11-28-2014, 04:01 AM
Some jurisdictions allow you to run in whatever equipment you like in that first start in the state/province.

zico20
11-29-2014, 05:54 PM
I guess it was wishful thinking that I would get 4-5 on Dortmund. I was afraid he was going to go off under 1-2. Won easily and paid 2.80. Now a question. Does the guy at CD really deserve to keep his job as the ML maker. Come on, anybody who knows horse racing knew 5-2 was a joke.

Valuist
11-29-2014, 11:31 PM
I guess it was wishful thinking that I would get 4-5 on Dortmund. I was afraid he was going to go off under 1-2. Won easily and paid 2.80. Now a question. Does the guy at CD really deserve to keep his job as the ML maker. Come on, anybody who knows horse racing knew 5-2 was a joke.

Why even bother putting up a morning line when they are going to make an obvious odds on horse 5-2?

Robert Fischer
12-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Dortmund is ridiculous. This guy looked like a giant in that Churchill race. Will need to keep him sound.

[warning, silliness ahead]One of the following is not Dortmund:
http://oi62.tinypic.com/23h22qs.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b6/Manowar1920.jpghttp://oi57.tinypic.com/120jreb.jpg

cj
12-01-2014, 09:34 PM
The horse chasing Dortmund home looked like a pony compared to him. I wonder how nimble he'll be when adversity hits in a tough field.

Stillriledup
12-01-2014, 09:52 PM
This is a massive individual, looks like a superhorse, no proof he isnt the best horse to ever look thru a bridle (just trying to stir the pot :D ) and Baffert has that other superhorse, the one out of Peppers Pride, who might even be better than Dortmund.

I thought Its Charlie (Race 5 today at Parx) was the biggest horse i've seen currently racing in America, but this Dortmund may be bigger. Hard to tell, both horses are huge.

Redbullsnation
12-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Bayern and Dortmund?? Will the owners of Bayern buy Dortmund as well?? :D