RXB
11-27-2014, 11:34 PM
SF receiving corps = the mattress

Seattle secondary = the fitted sheet

burnsy
11-28-2014, 10:21 AM
SF receiving corps = the mattress

Seattle secondary = the fitted sheet

Definite back to back statement games......two weeks...two tough division opponents....two field goals given up......TOTAL. NFL is a late season league, up to now they all just try to stay in contention. These teams that score 40 points a game and everybody loves..the Green Bays, Broncos, Patriots, Eagles.......good luck against these guys. Basic kick ass football, strangle the running game then the QB is open season..run Kappernink run...lol..and he can...some of these older guys are dead meat when that happens..topped off with your well stated fitted sheet......works 8 times out of 10 in big games. You gotta beat these guys 24 -20 because you ain't getting anymore than that.......... you are lucky to get that. No flash, no hype just smash...maybe they'll tweak the rules some more next year...... :) Then there's the boobs on TV....Yeah, that satire deal Richard Sherman did was a real distraction.........NOT! Its like freakin pro wrestling on TV they give you hero's and heals. If you bet, damn well better not buy into that garbage. Up til now these guys pretty much back up what they say. Did people see beast mode run yesterday? What because he doesn't talk he isn't trying? Yeah ok. I saw a guy seeking out people to mow down, he looked angry, just by his style....hands down the most brutal thing to tackle in this league.

BetHorses!
11-30-2014, 11:21 AM
20-20 season to date

Turkey Day Dogs

Eagles +3

Hawks +1.5

try some more dogs

Saints +3.5

Pats + 3

Robert Fischer
11-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Redskins + 9
Jaguars + 3
Saints + 3.5
Broncos +1
Green Bay -2.5
Panthers +2

horses4courses
11-30-2014, 12:02 PM
Definite back to back statement games......two weeks...two tough division opponents....two field goals given up......TOTAL. NFL is a late season league, up to now they all just try to stay in contention. These teams that score 40 points a game and everybody loves..the Green Bays, Broncos, Patriots, Eagles.......good luck against these guys. Basic kick ass football, strangle the running game then the QB is open season..run Kappernink run...lol..and he can...some of these older guys are dead meat when that happens..topped off with your well stated fitted sheet......works 8 times out of 10 in big games. You gotta beat these guys 24 -20 because you ain't getting anymore than that.......... you are lucky to get that. No flash, no hype just smash...maybe they'll tweak the rules some more next year...... :) Then there's the boobs on TV....Yeah, that satire deal Richard Sherman did was a real distraction.........NOT! Its like freakin pro wrestling on TV they give you hero's and heals. If you bet, damn well better not buy into that garbage. Up til now these guys pretty much back up what they say. Did people see beast mode run yesterday? What because he doesn't talk he isn't trying? Yeah ok. I saw a guy seeking out people to mow down, he looked angry, just by his style....hands down the most brutal thing to tackle in this league.

I've started betting a few small tickets on Seattle to repeat at 8-1 with WH.
It's going to take an excellent team to beat them if that D stays healthy.

horses4courses
11-30-2014, 12:04 PM
Trying 3 today:

Bengals -5.5

Pats +3

Chiefs -1

Speed Figure
11-30-2014, 12:05 PM
Baltimore -6.5
Washington +9
NY Giants -3
Cincinnati -5.5
Minnesota -2

thaskalos
11-30-2014, 01:00 PM
YTD...26-28

S.D +6.5
Oak +6
N.E +3
Den -Pk

Speed Figure
11-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Baltimore -6.5
Washington +9
NY Giants -3
Cincinnati -5.5
Minnesota -2

All I can say is BAD HANDICAPPING!! :1:-:4: this week! :2::6:- :1::7:

pandy
11-30-2014, 05:46 PM
I like the Bengals in this game, still can't believe they didn't cover, but there was an interesting call at the end of the game. The Bucs threw for a first down with less than a minute to go, looked like it set up a sure game winning field goal. But, the had 12 men on the field (on offense). But, the refs didn't catch it, no flag.

The Bengals challenged the play. The announcers said that last year, they couldn't have challenged. But, apparently this year they can throw a challenge flag if there are less than 2 minutes in the game. I guess the challenge was the catch the receiver made. But, the Bengals told the refs that the Bucs had 12 men on the field and the refs called the penalty after the challenge. I don't ever remember seeing a penalty called after a challenge. Bengals won by 1 point after the penalty pushed the Bucs out of field goal range.

Did anyone see that play?

ReplayRandall
11-30-2014, 05:51 PM
I like the Bengals in this game, still can't believe they didn't cover, but there was an interesting call at the end of the game. The Bucs threw for a first down with less than a minute to go, looked like it set up a sure game winning field goal. But, the had 12 men on the field (on offense). But, the refs didn't catch it, no flat.

The Bengals challenged the play. The announcers said that last year, they couldn't have challenged. But, apparently this year they can throw a challenge flag if there are less than 2 minutes in the game. I guess the challenge was the catch the receiver made. But, the Bengals told the refs that the Bucs had 12 men on the field and the refs called the penalty after the challenge. I don't ever remember seeing a penalty called after a challenge. Bengals won by 1 point after the penalty pushed the Bucs out of field goal range.

Bengals coach Lewis is on the League's Rules Committee.......He wasn't going to be denied the call(or lack of it).

cj
11-30-2014, 05:55 PM
I like the Bengals in this game, still can't believe they didn't cover, but there was an interesting call at the end of the game. The Bucs threw for a first down with less than a minute to go, looked like it set up a sure game winning field goal. But, the had 12 men on the field (on offense). But, the refs didn't catch it, no flat.

I saw it, and I think it was total horsecrap. First off, you can't call for a review in the final two minutes. He was docked a timeout. The change in the rule this year is that a coach doing that doesn't nullify a review. The question is, why was the call reviewed? There was no question it was a catch. No way the booth called for a review for too many men on the field. Lewis was given special treatment here and it isn't right.

pandy
11-30-2014, 05:55 PM
I didn't think you could challenge a play and get the refs to call a penalty that they missed.

ReplayRandall
11-30-2014, 05:57 PM
I didn't think you could challenge a play and get the refs to call a penalty that they missed.

Those two rules have been changed before the season started........still can't challenge, but can call a timeout and request a booth review.

cj
11-30-2014, 06:03 PM
Those two rules have been changed before the season started........still can't challenge, but can call a timeout and request a booth review.

No, you cannot "request" a review. They just gave him one for some unknown reason. The NFL is saying a review was already underway, but of course they are, what else are they going to say? We did it special for Marvin. I put the chances at less than 1% that call was going to be reviewed. No way the NFL was following the rules here.

pandy
11-30-2014, 06:14 PM
I saw it, and I think it was total horsecrap. First off, you can't call for a review in the final two minutes. He was docked a timeout. The change in the rule this year is that a coach doing that doesn't nullify a review. The question is, why was the call reviewed? There was no question it was a catch. No way the booth called for a review for too many men on the field. Lewis was given special treatment here and it isn't right.

Based on what I saw, I have to agree with you.

ReplayRandall
11-30-2014, 06:21 PM
No, you cannot "request" a review. They just gave him one for some unknown reason. The NFL is saying a review was already underway, but of course they are, what else are they going to say? We did it special for Marvin. I put the chances at less than 1% that call was going to be reviewed. No way the NFL was following the rules here.

I watched the press conference after the game with Coach Lewis, he was adamant he was correct in "requesting" a review. Whether the head ref wants to give him that review is what was called "unclear". All I did was regurgitate what was said in the press conference. Bottom-line, 12 men on the field should have been called and the right result came about.....BTW, I had no vested interest in the outcome of the game.

pandy
11-30-2014, 06:31 PM

I doubt they would have reviewed the play because the catch did not look questionable. Even if they do review the play, it would be the catch. I still wonder if they broke the rules, it sure looked that way. I never saw a penalty called after the play was called a catch on the field unless one of the refs threw a flag at the end of the play.

ReplayRandall
11-30-2014, 06:37 PM
I doubt they would have reviewed the play because the catch did not look questionable. Even if they do review the play, it would be the catch. I still wonder if they broke the rules, it sure looked that way. I never saw a penalty called after the play was called a catch on the field unless one of the refs threw a flag at the end of the play.

First half of Green Bay-New England game, NE is called for 12 men on the field. They march off the penalty and Coach Belichick requests a review of that call without challenging. The call was immediately reversed........I have no idea how that happened, as there must be a rule change that the public is unaware of......

burnsy
12-01-2014, 07:36 AM
I watched the press conference after the game with Coach Lewis, he was adamant he was correct in "requesting" a review. Whether the head ref wants to give him that review is what was called "unclear". All I did was regurgitate what was said in the press conference. Bottom-line, 12 men on the field should have been called and the right result came about.....BTW, I had no vested interest in the outcome of the game.

Good call. That's how they want it to work. It doesn't matter what gets missed at the time. They want the right call no matter what. That's why they have a central booth in NYC. Its being reported that this was noticed without the coach. This isn't horse racing with its back door, cheesy calls. The NFL actually does this part of the game the best IMO. They want as many of the calls that can be reviewed to have the right outcome. You can't be a horseplayer and gripe about the way they do it. Unless you like the way horse players get bent over. I disagree with some of their rule changes but they 100% try to make the right call when they can.

pandy
12-01-2014, 07:43 AM
I agree that it's good to get the call right, but, the rules have to be followed. It did appear that the Bengals got lucky here and the refs gave them the penalty even though the coach did not have the right to ask for a review. According to the rules, I believe he actually should have been penalized for calling for the review in the last two minutes.

I do agree, however, that the NFL handles infractions much better than horse racing. The Breeders Cup Classic this year showed how poorly horse racing is officiated.

Robert Fischer
12-01-2014, 08:08 AM
4-3 week
36-36-3 YTD