PDA

View Full Version : Browsers

HUSKER55
11-26-2014, 06:12 AM
I read an article the other day that says IE has been refined and is just as fast as Chrome.

For you guys that know what you are talking, is that true?

MJC922
11-26-2014, 09:34 AM
I think what happens to a lot of people who started using IE and moved to other browsers is they got some rogue add-on(s) installed at one point which for whatever reason slowed things down. Installing another browser immediately gets around that add-on issue and results in a temporary performance boost. IE is a perfectly good browser but IMO it's a personal preference, people should use whatever they want.

HUSKER55
11-26-2014, 11:05 AM
THANKS for the reply. which I switched to chrome it seemed like IE was getting hijacked by somebody everytime I turned around and I ended up with a lot of crap on my computer.

I switched to chrome but now it is not as fast as before. I was mad and called MS and the lady said my drivers were out of date.

I started checking to see if the browser and PC Magazine said MS had stepped up its game and now IE was on par and Firefox was in trouble.

I even put a folder on my desktop to send files to and then I shred them instead of using the recycle bin. Worked for awhile but in the meantime my computer seems to run slow

I got a headache trying to figure this out.

Thanks again...

MJC922
11-26-2014, 12:23 PM
I hear you. It's not easy to keep Windows clean. I stopped over my dad's house the other day. he was having some issues too, turned out it was a virus. He had an old version of antivirus on there which hadn't been updated since 2012 and the virus was blocking the AV software from updating. He didn't have the latest OS patches, the PC was running Vista but he didn't have the latest service pack either. I spent about three hours getting it cleaned up and patched.

IMO getting current on windows updates, installing Malwarebytes pro and AVG free is about as good as it gets to stay clean without breaking the bank.

Marshall Bennett
11-26-2014, 02:53 PM
For some strange reason some of the letters on my keyboard stick when typing on IE. Never had a problem with this using Chrome or Firefox.
CCleaner is a great utility for cleaning cache and registry. I use it often.
I've also found that often by simply closing a browser and restarting it helps. A lot like rebooting on a smaller scale....I think. :)

Tom
11-26-2014, 03:21 PM
FF can't work with PDF files, and is slower than all get out.
Chome is slow and can't deal with Flash. I can watch video on YouTube, but no links at PA work.

IE is great for saving HTML pages.

It take three browser to get 'r done.

None of them is what I would call acceptable.

pandy
11-26-2014, 10:29 PM
Lately I've been using Opera more and more. Seems better than Firefox, IE and Chrome.