PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Schumer: Passing ObamaCare was a mistake

Clocker
11-25-2014, 11:39 PM
Schumer says all the time and effort passing ObamaCare could have been better used on other issues that would help the poor and the middle class a lot more. Oh, and it would have gotten a lot more people to vote Democratic too.

Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer threw Obamacare under the bus Tuesday, charging that Democrats should not have passed the law in 2010.

Schumer, the third-ranking Senate Democrat, spoke Tuesday at the National Press Club in Washington about the Democrats’ losses in this year’s elections. He encouraged Democrats to embrace government despite their electoral crash but also admitted that the Democratic House and Senate should not have passed Obamacare.

Democrats should have focused on directly helping the middle class, Schumer argued.

“Unfortunately, Democrats blew the opportunity the American people gave them” by electing President Obama and a Democratic-controlled Congress in 2008. “We took their mandate and put all our focus on the wrong problem.”

“The plight of uninsured Americans and the hardships created by unfair insurance company practices certainly needed to be addressed,” Schumer said. “But it wasn’t the change we were hired to make” in the 2008 election. ”Americans were crying out for the end to the recession, for better wages and more jobs — not changes in health care.”

Story (http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/25/chuck-schumer-we-shouldnt-have-passed-obamacare-in-2010-video/)

plainolebill
11-26-2014, 12:55 AM
Now he tells us, oy vey! :faint:

Clocker
11-26-2014, 01:12 AM
Now he tells us, oy vey! :faint:

It's not his fault. He had to wait until they passed it so he could know what was in it. :rolleyes:

LottaKash
11-26-2014, 01:50 AM
I really wonder what Shumer is really up to coming out of the closet with this sudden revelation of his....I suspect that he may be stirring the presidential pot for the very near future...If not, why this sudden turnabout to his party's views ?...
=======================

from Wikipedia:..
Schumer's propensity for publicity is the subject of a running joke among many commentators. He has been described as an "incorrigible publicity hound".[20] Bob Dole once quipped that "the most dangerous place in Washington is between Charles Schumer and a television camera",[21] while Barack Obama joked that Schumer brought along the press to a banquet as his "loved ones".[22][23][24][25] Schumer frequently schedules media appearances on Sundays on both legislative and non-legislative matters. His use of media has been cited by some as a successful way to raise a politician's profile nationally and among his constituents.[26] In Washington-----

also: Health care reform[edit]

Schumer supported President Barack Obama's health reform legislation; he voted for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act in December 2009,[43] and he voted for the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010.[44]
===========

I wonder.... :eek:

plainolebill
11-26-2014, 04:50 AM
After the last election they all want to be off the radar when it comes to Obama, Pelosi and Reid.

Robert Goren
11-26-2014, 07:26 AM
It is official now. Schumer is dino. :)

rastajenk
11-26-2014, 07:38 AM
It'd be good if his kind became extinct.

Robert Goren
11-26-2014, 07:58 AM
It'd be good if his kind became extinct.The politician in love with sound of his own voice will never become extinct. If Schumer lived in Nebraska, he would be a republican exposing tea party ideas. These guys are politicians first, last and always. What party they belong to is a happenstance of birth.

Clocker
11-26-2014, 02:44 PM
I really wonder what Shumer is really up to coming out of the closet with this sudden revelation of his....I suspect that he may be stirring the presidential pot for the very near future...If not, why this sudden turnabout to his party's views ?...

I don't think Schumer wants to be president. I think he wants Harry Reid's job, with a return to a Democratic Senate. Schumer is up for reelection in 2016. ObamaCare and GruberGate are going to be big issues then, and I think Schumer is jumping off those sinking ships early.

Reid is also up for reelection in 2016, and he is vulnerable if the GOP can come up with a real candidate in Nevada this time. Even Democrats are down on Reid for getting nothing done and for his role in losing the Senate. I'd bet Harry is at least considering retirement.

BlueShoe
11-26-2014, 03:20 PM
Passing Comrade Senator Schumer, one of the most far left Bolsheviks in the Senate was the mistake. :rolleyes: So Chuckie and Oilcan Harry are both up for re-election in 2016? How nice if both of them were sent packing and on their way home. :ThmbUp: :jump:

Clocker
11-26-2014, 03:34 PM
How nice if both of them were sent packing and on their way home. :ThmbUp: :jump:

I can't imagine Chuckie losing in NY. I think Harry is in trouble. He needs union support for money and votes, and the unions aren't very happy with the Democrats right now. ObamaCare, immigration, and the pipeline are at the top of the list.

Tom
11-26-2014, 04:05 PM
Dingy Harry already has job lined up in the private sector.
On "The Walking Dead" on cable.

BlueShoe
11-26-2014, 05:06 PM
Dingy Harry already has job lined up in the private sector.
On "The Walking Dead" on cable.
:confused: Thought that he was going back to his old one as a Bagman for the Mob. The Boys are going to let him take 5% off of the top, or so I heard. :rolleyes: :D

Clocker
11-26-2014, 07:15 PM
For anyone that didn't read the linked article in the OP, here is the bottom line from Chuckie on why ObamaCare was not a great idea:

“The Affordable Care Act was aimed at the 36 million Americans who were not covered,” Schumer continued. “It’s been reported that only a third of the uninsured are even registered to vote”