PDA

View Full Version : Churchill's Sat card

Valuist
05-07-2004, 10:10 AM
If you're planning on betting CD tomorrow, there's no need to rush to play the early races. Races 1 and 2 have 6 horses entered, the 3rd has 7 2YO Mdns then CD treats everyone to a 5 horse field in the 4th. They have a few decent sized fields after that but have a 6 horse stake in the 9th. I guess if you're going to have unbettable races, its nice of CD to put them at the beginning of the card. It wasn't too long ago that CD had full fields in almost all its races.

kenwoodallpromos
05-07-2004, 11:26 AM
How do you feel about betting place on 5 or 6 horse fields at CD?

Valuist
05-07-2004, 01:04 PM
I don't bet to place very often. If I like horse to win at 8-1 or bigger I might back up a bit w/a place bet, although sometimes I'll just take that horse underneath in exactas with 2-3 other contenders. I would say I won't be contributing anything to their win and place pools tomorrow in the small field races.

But like I said earlier, at least they are all running them right away. Can sit back and watch and see how the track surface is playing. That's better than last week when they threw that 2YO stakes in the middle of the Derby undercard. IMO that made 3 sets of Pic 3s unplayable.