PDA

View Full Version : Juan Williams: where is the black leadership now?

DJofSD
11-25-2014, 09:04 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/11/25/ferguson-grand-jury-decision-brown-death-should-be-call-to-action-not-violence/

Where is the black leadership now that a grand jury has decided not to indict the police officer that killed Michael Brown?

Where is Al Sharpton? He advertises himself as a spokesman for the best interests of black America. But he is absent.

Where is Jesse Jackson, another popular media personality who says he speaks for black America? He’s missing in action, too.

But as the “Last Poets,” a 60s group of black musicians once said: “The revolution will not be televised.” The riots of the 1960s and the 1990s riots that followed the Rodney King verdict are proof that riots don’t advance justice for black people.

I wrote a history of the civil rights movement – “Eyes on the Prize- America’s Civil Rights Years 1954-1965” and one clear lesson I learned from my research remains to me to this day. The people with the most guns and bombs did not win the civil rights struggle.

Clocker
11-25-2014, 09:44 AM
Where is Al Sharpton? He advertises himself as a spokesman for the best interests of black America. But he is absent.

Al is waiting for things to calm down so he can fly into town and claim that he calmed things down. Then he will stir things up again and get out of town.

The Rev. Al Sharpton says the grand jury decision to not indict Officer Darren Wilson is “an absolute blow” and added that “the fight is not over.”

“It was expected, but still an absolute blow to those of us that wanted to see a fair and open trial. I think that it is clear that even when you see a blow coming … it still hurts nonetheless,” Sharpton said late Monday evening from his Harlem offices, according to video posted by Mediaite.

The civil rights activist and MSNBC host denounced the explanation of the non-indictment by St. Louis County Prosecutor Robert P. McCulloch. Sharpton called certain claims about the investigation “flawed” and “very suspect.”

Sharpton said he will travel to Ferguson on Tuesday where he will hold a news conference and then plans to return to New York for a rally to call for the federal government “to escalate a criminal indictment.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/ferguson-al-sharpton-react-grand-jury-decision-113157.html#ixzz3K5irkFxi

DJofSD
11-25-2014, 09:48 AM
Change that attribution -- you make it appear as if I made the statement not Juan Williams.

classhandicapper
11-25-2014, 09:49 AM
Isn't there a law somewhere on the books that would justify euthanizing Al Sharpton for crimes against humanity? ;)

Tom
11-25-2014, 10:22 AM
I would charge him with inciting to riot.

thaskalos
11-25-2014, 12:54 PM
Why make this article about Al Sharpton...when it's really about the message of non-violent action voiced by the Michael Brown family?

JustRalph
11-25-2014, 01:49 PM
Leaders?

http://youtu.be/EuMCaubJ3tY

DJofSD
11-25-2014, 01:52 PM
I've wondered: how might have things turned out if he'd walked somewhere else besides the middle of the street. Would the cop have noticed him?

Tom
11-25-2014, 03:42 PM
He made a lot of wrong choices that day.
He would be alive today had he acted civilized.
He chose not to and now he is dead.

DJofSD
11-25-2014, 09:23 PM
He made a lot of wrong choices that day.
He would be alive today had he acted civilized.
He chose not to and now he is dead.
I believe you are correct.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/11/us/ferguson-grand-jury-docs/index.html

See Grand Jury, Volume 5. The web page says see page 195 but I believe page 197 is more correct.

I guess when you're a member of a protected class, you can demand respect but you don't have to give it.

davew
11-25-2014, 10:29 PM
I saw Sharpton on his show today proving more injustice by Ferguson area. The Grand Jury only believed what they want to believe because of how it was presented to them. The Grand Jury was behind 'closed doors' so nobody could cross examine witnesses. All hidden and behind closed doors - the world is against black people - being unarmed and rushing with intent to kill is not good enough reason to be killed....

What about all the witnesses who saw him get shot in the back with his hands up? Why didn't the medical examiner have access to his clothes? Why did the police chief interogate Wilson without writing a report- so they could all get the story they wanted the same? Why did it take so long to remove the body- so they could take some Brown blood and spread it all over to make it look like the VICTIM was the perp? Something stinks in Ferguson...

Tom
11-25-2014, 10:34 PM
Something stinks in Ferguson...

Al Sharpton, and the rest of the so-called Black leaders there a who are too stupid to understand anything. Anyone who believes anything Shaprton says is a moron.

davew
11-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Al Sharpton, and the rest of the so-called Black leaders there a who are too stupid to understand anything. Anyone who believes anything Shaprton says is a moron.

You must be racist, because many black people consider his preaching gospel (including 0bama)

Tom
11-25-2014, 11:11 PM
Many Black people, and especially Obama are themselves racists.

Robert Goren
11-25-2014, 11:15 PM
A better question is where the republican party that voted almost in mass for the civil rights bill? Why aren't they out there calling for the better training of police so that a cop is not so scared of unarmed big black man that he has to empty his gun into him. Cops properly trained are not scared of people like Brown.

Tom
11-26-2014, 12:24 AM
Data on that, Bobby, or just BS?

AndyC
11-26-2014, 12:36 AM
A better question is where the republican party that voted almost in mass for the civil rights bill? Why aren't they out there calling for the better training of police so that a cop is not so scared of unarmed big black man that he has to empty his gun into him. Cops properly trained are not scared of people like Brown.

Gosh, why would anybody be scared of a 295 pound man attacking you and grabbing for your gun? If the cop had only been nicer and more understanding nothing would have happened. Wasn't Michael Brown on his way to a Boy Scout meeting or was it church?

davew
11-26-2014, 08:12 AM

The education system needs improved. Students should learn that if you attack a police officer, you may get shot.

The laws are stacked against young black men. 0bama should use an executive order to make it alright for these people to take whatever they want. Start some sort of civil distribution program to partially reimburse for stolen and/or damaged property as a result of this equality redistribution.

Robert Goren
11-26-2014, 08:32 AM
Gosh, why would anybody be scared of a 295 pound man attacking you and grabbing for your gun? If the cop had only been nicer and more understanding nothing would have happened. Wasn't Michael Brown on his way to a Boy Scout meeting or was it church? Policemen do not deal with boy scouts. They need to be trained to handle guys like Brown without shooting them. If everybody was a boy scout, we would not need policemen at all. I'd be scared of Brown, but I am not a policeman. It is matter of training. Wilson either was not properly trained or his training did not stick. It can be done. It is done here because the police here are always having to deal with Nebraska football players. We can't have an ALL-American defensive end being shot by the police. The only difference between Brown and UNL football player is Brown was not a good football player.

JustRalph
11-26-2014, 09:42 AM
Oh the irony ! A guy who chooses a moniker from a police detective posting such horeshit about police and their training.

Tom
11-26-2014, 03:25 PM
And life in general! :lol:
I though tomorrow was Turkey Day! :D :D :D

PaceAdvantage
11-26-2014, 05:53 PM
A better question is where the republican party that voted almost in mass for the civil rights bill? Why aren't they out there calling for the better training of police so that a cop is not so scared of unarmed big black man that he has to empty his gun into him. Cops properly trained are not scared of people like Brown.No matter how well you train police officers, they are human beings. And things like this are going to happen...WHATEVER the combination of races happens to be among the shooter and the one being shot...

It's called life...and in life, shit happens...no matter how well you plan for things.

JustRalph
04-26-2015, 11:37 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/04/23/ferguson-play-cast-members-quit-after-learning-truth-about-michael-brown-shooting/

Truth doesn't matter..........only their side of the story.....

Stillriledup
04-27-2015, 12:55 AM
No matter how well you train police officers, they are human beings. And things like this are going to happen...WHATEVER the combination of races happens to be among the shooter and the one being shot...

It's called life...and in life, shit happens...no matter how well you plan for things.

64 dollar question.

If THEIR life depended on taking Michael Brown alive, would the have been able to do it?

DJofSD
04-27-2015, 09:22 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/04/23/ferguson-play-cast-members-quit-after-learning-truth-about-michael-brown-shooting/

Truth doesn't matter..........only their side of the story.....
They choose the blue pill.

PaceAdvantage
04-27-2015, 11:48 AM
64 dollar question.

If THEIR life depended on taking Michael Brown alive, would the have been able to do it?Killing another human being isn't something anyone but a psychopath takes lightly, no matter the circumstances.

So I'm not sure where you come up with this silly question...I think the answer is obvious.

Obviously, under your scenario, the officer would not be of the belief that his life was in danger IF the officer's life DEPENDED on taking Brown alive.

Hank
04-27-2015, 12:42 PM
Killing another human being isn't something anyone but a psychopath takes lightly, no matter the circumstances.

So I'm not sure where you come up with this silly question...I think the answer is obvious.

Obviously, under your scenario, the officer would not be of the belief that his life was in danger IF the officer's life DEPENDED on taking Brown alive.

Killing another human being isn't something anyone but a psychopath takes lightly

Good point.Unfortunately it presupposes a fact not in evidence.That fact being that non whites are viewed as human.Non white sub-humanity was crucial to the justification of the chattel slavery and genocide that USA was founded upon.It was so crucial that it was codified into the constitution.It remains critical today to justify the demonazation and subjugation of the burgeoning under class created by the original system of white supremacy.

Clocker
04-27-2015, 01:02 PM
It remains critical today to justify the demonazation and subjugation of the burgeoning under class created by the original system of white supremacy.

That's true, and that's why a black man could never be elected president of this country.

TJDave
04-27-2015, 01:09 PM
That's true, and that's why a black man could never be elected president of this country.

I think Barak Obama has pretty much guaranteed that. ;)

Clocker
04-27-2015, 01:42 PM
I think Barak Obama has pretty much guaranteed that. ;)

OMG!!! It's all clear now.

The election of Obama and the appointment of Eric Holder were key elements in an evil conspiracy by white supremacists to set race relations back 100 years. :eek:

TJDave
04-27-2015, 01:53 PM
OMG!!! It's all clear now.

The election of Obama and the appointment of Eric Holder were key elements in an evil conspiracy by white supremacists to set race relations back 100 years. :eek:

No. Obama and Holder did it all by themselves. The test was if they could pretend to be white. They failed miserably.

Tom
04-27-2015, 02:01 PM
Non white sub-humanity was crucial to the justification of the chattel slavery and genocide that USA was founded upon.It was so crucial that it was codified into the constitution.It remains critical today to justify the demonazation and subjugation of the burgeoning under class created by the original system of white supremacy.

Two words.

B S.

This why Blacks are behind the 8 ball from the beginning - people like Hank who live to be the victims, go through life looking backwards instead of forwards.
Plenty of Blacks out there who prove this, but they tend get labeled as Uncle Tom's for being successful without the likes of affirmative action, or Al Sharpton.

Stillriledup
04-27-2015, 05:44 PM
Killing another human being isn't something anyone but a psychopath takes lightly, no matter the circumstances.

But isn't your life in danger when you cross the street? If you are a cop, you need to understand that the citizens of this country are paying your salary and they're not paying you to shoot off your gun because you feel that every single confrontation with a perp is "life threatening". That's not what we want as citizens, you have to be "a man" and man up, there's no reason to be killing individuals, its not like it was Mike Brown and an army of 20 dressed in battle gear hiding behind bulletproof walls with uzis and grenades. It was one guy in the middle of the street, if a cops life depended on him NOT killing Brown, he would have found a way not to, he would have put himself in a better position.

newtothegame
04-27-2015, 06:47 PM
But isn't your life in danger when you cross the street? If you are a cop, you need to understand that the citizens of this country are paying your salary and they're not paying you to shoot off your gun because you feel that every single confrontation with a perp is "life threatening". That's not what we want as citizens, you have to be "a man" and man up, there's no reason to be killing individuals, its not like it was Mike Brown and an army of 20 dressed in battle gear hiding behind bulletproof walls with uzis and grenades. It was one guy in the middle of the street, if a cops life depended on him NOT killing Brown, he would have found a way not to, he would have put himself in a better position.
Now granted, I have not kept up with this story.....
But, you make it sound like Brown was just walking down the street, cop gets out of car and starts firing.......
As I recall, that was not the way it went down. Didn't the cop have pretty substantial wounds ? Was there not a struggle between brown and the cop? Please don't make it sound like the cop just saw the innocent black kid and gunned him down from 50 ft away..... I don't recall it going as you make it sound.
I seem to recall the cop getting pounded on by a GUY nearly twice his size....
You know, the struggle in the car??? just an innocent kid though, I know.... :bang:

Tom
04-27-2015, 08:57 PM
As more facts became clear, it is obvious the cop was guilty of street cleaning.
Why waste time on garbage like Brown? He made his choice and got it wrong.
No one is responsible for his death other than himself.

The question is, how many stores will not be robbed now?

Stillriledup
04-27-2015, 09:00 PM
Now granted, I have not kept up with this story.....
But, you make it sound like Brown was just walking down the street, cop gets out of car and starts firing.......
As I recall, that was not the way it went down. Didn't the cop have pretty substantial wounds ? Was there not a struggle between brown and the cop? Please don't make it sound like the cop just saw the innocent black kid and gunned him down from 50 ft away..... I don't recall it going as you make it sound.
I seem to recall the cop getting pounded on by a GUY nearly twice his size....
You know, the struggle in the car??? just an innocent kid though, I know.... :bang:
No, that's not what i meant. The cop could have put himself in a better position to not have to kill this kid.

Tom
04-27-2015, 09:19 PM
No, that's not what i meant. The cop could have put himself in a better position to not have to kill this kid.

How?
A cop is supposed to stop criminals.
Brown brought in on himself.
It is not the cops' job to do that - it was Brown's job NOT to cause the cop to shoot him.

Justice was served on the spot.

JustRalph
04-27-2015, 09:57 PM

Hindsight......

Stillriledup
04-27-2015, 11:02 PM
Hindsight......

Its got nothing to do with hindsight, its police procedure, these guys are taught how to put themselves in a favorable position so they don't have to shoot to kill. Too many recent examples of cops killing perps that they didnt have to kill.

Stillriledup
04-27-2015, 11:03 PM
How?
A cop is supposed to stop criminals.
Brown brought in on himself.
It is not the cops' job to do that - it was Brown's job NOT to cause the cop to shoot him.

Justice was served on the spot.

Here's a question.

Lets say you are a cop and you get a call that there's a man with a gun in a house and he's acting odd and threatening to shoot people and you are the first cop on the scene. Do you just calmly get out of your car and walk to the front door? After all, you would be trying to "stop a criminal" right?

MONEY
04-27-2015, 11:55 PM
Here's a question.

Lets say you are a cop and you get a call that there's a man with a gun in a house and he's acting odd and threatening to shoot people and you are the first cop on the scene. Do you just calmly get out of your car and walk to the front door? After all, you would be trying to "stop a criminal" right?
No.

Most emergency calls to the police are phony.

People will make 911 calls of "man with gun" or "person shot", because someone at their house is ill and they want the cops and ambulance to arrive quickly.

Having said the above, every call has to be taken seriously.

Every situation is different.

I have been to scenes where I have heard shooting as we arrived, and had to rush inside to try to
save lives. I've also been to scenes where the gunman was waiting for us to arrive so he can surrender.
Sadly, I've also been to many scenes where people were shot dead.

When you get to the scene of "a man with a gun" call, you have to use the tactics neccesary for the scene that
you come upon.

Don't stop your car directly in front of the scene,
quickly scan the area and listen for signs of trouble,
clear the area,
look for cover,
wait for backup,
find witnesses,
communicate with the dispatcher and other cops.

The bad tactics in the Michael Brown case were covered in another thread.
Bad tactics did not give Michael Brown the right to attack the cop.
The Michael Brown case was simple, if Brown gives up he doesn't get hurt.

The other cases since then are not so simple.
The most recent one is Freddie Gray.
I'm pretty sure that the Freddie Gray case will end up with at least one cop in prison.

JustRalph
04-28-2015, 12:10 AM
Its got nothing to do with hindsight, its police procedure, these guys are taught how to put themselves in a favorable position so they don't have to shoot to kill. Too many recent examples of cops killing perps that they didnt have to kill.

Sure it is. You already know how The Gentle Giant responded. You have the advantage of hindsight. Every officer reads every call differently.