PDA

View Full Version : paceadvantage website killing my internet explorer

davew
11-24-2014, 10:29 PM
The last few hours I have not been able to open this website with my Windows Internet Explorer 9. It keeps shutting it down.

I have to visit now with firefox. Anyone else having problems?

I suspect it may have to do with the advertisement on the top, as that is when it crashes after the side advertisement is shown.

DJofSD
11-24-2014, 10:37 PM
Mike's site works just fine in IE11.

judd
11-25-2014, 05:11 AM
works fine IE and windows 8 ;)

Robert Goren
11-25-2014, 06:37 AM
I am too, but some other sites like USA Today are giving me problems too. Windows 7, IE 11. I am thinking black Friday -cyber Monday will bring a new computer.

wilderness
11-25-2014, 08:01 AM
IE 7 works fine as well. despite never being used.

JustRalph
11-25-2014, 08:46 AM
The last few hours I have not been able to open this website with my Windows Internet Explorer 9. It keeps shutting it down.

I have to visit now with firefox. Anyone else having problems?

I suspect it may have to do with the advertisement on the top, as that is when it crashes after the side advertisement is shown.

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/run-internet-explorer-9-without-addons-in-safe-mode/

Try it....then try to run down what it might be. Or run Chrome

barn32
11-25-2014, 09:12 AM
Do people actually still use Internet Explorer?

Tom
11-25-2014, 09:15 AM
I do for many things.
Chrome is slow and FF is on life support.
IE offers the best "save as" format, MHT.

Robert Goren
11-25-2014, 10:04 AM
I do for many things.
Chrome is slow and FF is on life support.
IE offers the best "save as" format, MHT.I agree. There nothing like a few minutes of using Chrome to me appreciate IE.

wilderness
11-25-2014, 11:00 AM
Do people actually still use Internet Explorer?

Some sites require it. although I rarely use it.
I've still XP, and to use newer versions of IE, requires upgrade to SP3, which I cannot do.

senortout
11-25-2014, 11:14 AM
Wow. Folks you have problems.

I am using a version of linux called Ubuntu.

Chrome may be quick.
Firefox is maybe a bit slower. But I like its features more.

But you guys are experiencing computer glitches, not browser problems, for the most part.

You can clear the browser caches of any version of any browser, so why don't you start there? Over time, you will experience slowdowns if you don't.

It's kinda like picking up all the wet towels off the floor of the bathroom so you can use the terlet.

tanner12oz
11-25-2014, 08:33 PM
I gave issues now and again on windows platform mobile...seemed worse then usual a few weeks back..running much smoother now

davew
11-25-2014, 11:02 PM
My IE working again - I was getting the following message ->

What is Data Execution Prevention?

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that can help prevent damage to your computer from viruses and other security threats. Harmful programs can try to attack Windows by attempting to run (also known as execute) code from system memory locations reserved for Windows and other authorized programs. These types of attacks can harm your programs and files.

DEP can help protect your computer by monitoring your programs to make sure that they use system memory safely. If DEP notices a program on your computer using memory incorrectly, it closes the program and notifies you.