PDA

View Full Version : Odd show bets at TuP Race 2

Stillriledup
11-24-2014, 03:26 PM
With this bad announcer no less. :D

alydar
11-24-2014, 03:41 PM
yes, indeed.

33K in show pool, only 13K in win pool and the money was spread all over the place.

Stillriledup
11-24-2014, 03:45 PM
There was like 8k on some 80-1 shot.

The winner got a 10k or more show punch at the very last moments of the betting, that horse was destined to pay 2.80 or 3 bucks until someone (or many people) unloaded at the very end.

BlueShoe
11-24-2014, 04:31 PM
With this bad announcer no less. :D
Who is the guest announcer? Agreed, not very good, and usually I am not critical of race callers, and go easy on them. The regular caller Michael Chamberlain, is quite good, and belongs on the list of underated announcers.

Stillriledup
11-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Who is the guest announcer? Agreed, not very good, and usually I am not critical of race callers, and go easy on them. The regular caller Michael Chamberlain, is quite good, and belongs on the list of underated announcers.

I commented on this guy already in the "worst announcer is the tampa guy" thread, he's impossible to listen to, if you can do it, you're a better man than me.

Zydeco
11-24-2014, 05:01 PM
Was listening and his call went something like this...." on the front its so and so with so and so right behind on the outside is so and so and the rest.........are behind!" Busted out laughing!

Clocker
11-24-2014, 05:02 PM
Who is the guest announcer? Agreed, not very good, and usually I am not critical of race callers, and go easy on them.

Between that track announcer and the kid with the pointy head and squeaky voice on TVG, I'm wearing out my mute button today.

Stillriledup
11-24-2014, 05:10 PM
Was listening and his call went something like this...." on the front its so and so with so and so right behind on the outside is so and so and the rest.........are behind!" Busted out laughing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSgaNyaX7bI :D

Zydeco
11-24-2014, 05:21 PM
He just called the sixth like this..."and Royal Import , the pick of the day will win the sixth....bringing the subsitute announcers top picks to three wins in a row!" The guy is gold ,SRU...I tell ya Gold!

Stillriledup
11-24-2014, 05:23 PM
He just called the sixth like this..."and Royal Import , the pick of the day will win the sixth....bringing the subsitute announcers top picks to three wins in a row!" The guy is gold ,SRU...I tell ya Gold!

:D

I guess he won't be calling the Breeders Cup anytime soon??

tanner12oz
11-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Announcer was awful today..didnt appear he had any idea what was going on

Zydeco
11-24-2014, 05:58 PM
He knew he had picked 3 in a row!

davew
11-24-2014, 06:20 PM
that is rather odd show pool closing

does anyone have pool size leading up to start?
I wonder if the 1/5 had 100K on it or some high number and most got pulled?

It almost looks like a computer betting program gone bad...

Stillriledup
11-24-2014, 06:23 PM
that is rather odd show pool closing

does anyone have pool size leading up to start?
I wonder if the 1/5 had 100K on it or some high number and most got pulled?

It almost looks like a computer betting program gone bad...

The favorite had under 10k with a few seconds to post, i never saw a big bet on her, but if the bet came in very early and then was pulled, that's possible, but i noticed a few mins to post there was only 5k on the favorite (or something like that)

DelMarJay
11-24-2014, 06:27 PM
My wife came in the room yesterday and caught this guy calling a race. She said "this has to be a joke right?" And I say "I have no effin idea. This aint the regular guy that's all I know." She just shakes her head laughing on the way out.

Stillriledup
11-24-2014, 07:22 PM
My wife came in the room yesterday and caught this guy calling a race. She said "this has to be a joke right?" And I say "I have no effin idea. This aint the regular guy that's all I know." She just shakes her head laughing on the way out.

I like how you say she caught him calling it. She caught him in the act! :D

appistappis
11-24-2014, 07:37 PM
he sounded like he was swallowing a bag of marbles.

johnhannibalsmith
11-25-2014, 01:57 AM
I hope the boys in Phoenix are impressed that Boudreau (jock agent stalwart filling in) has been calling races for half a week and nobody even noticed until today...

cj
11-25-2014, 11:31 AM
I hope the boys in Phoenix are impressed that Boudreau (jock agent stalwart filling in) has been calling races for half a week and nobody even noticed until today...

Oh, it has been noticed.

senortout
11-25-2014, 12:06 PM
This guy was improving. Improving. Getting better the more he called. Just my opinion. I have heard worse regular race callers.

johnhannibalsmith
11-25-2014, 01:41 PM
Oh, it has been noticed.

I've got to say - and I know I shouldn't be amazed by the mickey mouse nature of anything that goes on there - I was amazed that after a weekend's worth of work that they let him call again on Monday when he was going to have a real audience. Then again, if he offered to do it for $50 less a week, he could probably get the full-time job.

appistappis
11-26-2014, 02:48 AM
I've got to say - and I know I shouldn't be amazed by the mickey mouse nature of anything that goes on there - I was amazed that after a weekend's worth of work that they let him call again on Monday when he was going to have a real audience. Then again, if he offered to do it for $50 less a week, he could probably get the full-time job.

I'm sure that's how the ft erie guy got the job.

BlueShoe
11-26-2014, 05:52 PM
This guy was improving. Improving. Getting better the more he called. Just my opinion. I have heard worse regular race callers.
You have? Care to tell us when, where, and who?

Stillriledup
11-26-2014, 05:56 PM
You have? Care to tell us when, where, and who?

If the list exists, its REAL short.