PDA

View Full Version : Hospitalized far from Home -

LAP_520
11-24-2014, 12:40 PM
11/24/2014

I wanted to get this information to the members and friends of Patrick Kane here on PaceAdvantage.com

Before I attempted thou, I message PaceAdvantage to get his approval ... and he so granted.

PKtruckdriver, has participated in many contests over the years here on PaceAdvantage .. both on a team and individual contests.

Those that know Patrick, know that he is a semi tractor trailer driver throughout the USA. His dream was to own his own "rig" ...... Well earlier this November, he was able to put enough money away to purchase a Used Semi truck. He was So Happy ! ... Notice the word Used above. Yes indeed, repairs to the truck started popping up within a day on the road. Anyway, it turned into one repair after another...and another....

Finally, things started to come together for Patrick... The last I talked to him was the same time Western NY area got hammered with up to 75 inches of snow. PK was headed to Arizona with a load.

Then on his social media page came this post..... on 11/21/2014
"HELP ME PLEASE, I AM IN PAIN AND SHIVERING. "

He was at a truck stop travel center in Tucson, Arizona.

Hospital ER was the only thing on my mind and I told him to get to one ASAP.

Today, 11/24/2014, PK posted this.......

"Was told I was days away from death, that getting to ER instead of trying to get in 1 more trip to get closer to home , in Daytona, That I may died due to this infection and how quickly it spread inside of me.
If you can please pray for me, for those of you who know me - well it seems that after trying so hard to get my own truck(semi) , it seems this set back will force me to lose all the time effort and money , I put into getting my truck, all lost, as I will laid up too long and will be in default and lose my truck, but not my life, for that I thank God, as I guess I can start all over again trying to get my own truck, if God allows me, He may have other plans, only time will tell."

— at University Of Arizona Medical Center South Campus (https://www.facebook.com/pages/University-Of-Arizona-Medical-Center-South-Campus/140883519345622).
location is Tucson, Arizona 85713

Thank You

Greyfox
11-24-2014, 12:45 PM
Thank you for that posting LAP_520.:ThmbUp:

May Patrick have a speedy recovery.

Tom
11-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Get well, Patrick....there is a hot beef on weck awaiting your return to Finger Lakes!

alydar
11-24-2014, 03:42 PM
Take it easy and get well.

woodtoo
11-24-2014, 04:16 PM
Stay on your road to recovery Patrick.

ReplayRandall
11-24-2014, 04:29 PM
11/24/2014
Today, 11/24/2014, PK posted this.......

"Was told I was days away from death, that getting to ER instead of trying to get in 1 more trip to get closer to home , in Daytona, That I may died due to this infection and how quickly it spread inside of me.
If you can please pray for me, for those of you who know me - well it seems that after trying so hard to get my own truck(semi) , it seems this set back will force me to lose all the time effort and money , I put into getting my truck, all lost, as I will laid up too long and will be in default and lose my truck, but not my life, for that I thank God, as I guess I can start all over again trying to get my own truck, if God allows me, He may have other plans, only time will tell."

In the midst of your trials and tribulations, you kept your faith and thanked God. You remind me of what I read in the book of Job. My wife and I will keep you in our prayers, your story gives US strength........Way to hang in there, Patrick!

Zydeco
11-24-2014, 06:05 PM
Prayers for you Patrick.

LAP_520
11-24-2014, 06:13 PM
Thanks guys ....

11/24/2014

PK status update.

"Thanks everyone, good news, i think release may be wednesday , but am told i can not drive truck for weeks. This will cost me my truck and leave me stranded in Az ... when i live in Florida, but I can not stay any longer according to Hospital rules, not without surgery. And no insurance, ..."

"But I am thankful ...they did save my life !"

nijinski
11-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Well wishes sent your way Patrick and tap into the services available
to get that surgery .

Grits
11-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Get well, Patrick. These things take time and much patience, but you, can and will, get there.

Prayers.

1GCFAN
11-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Hang in there Patrick. Here is wishing you a speedy recovery.

Fan

Dave Schwartz
11-25-2014, 12:11 AM
Wow!

I will try to contact him tomorrow.

Have a phone number for him somewhere here, too.

Robert Goren
11-25-2014, 06:48 AM
Good luck and get well, Patrick.

Jingle
11-25-2014, 06:54 AM
We're praying for you Patrick.

LAP_520
11-25-2014, 08:34 AM
Formerly Kino Community Hospital .......... Now called

University Of Arizona South Campus is where Patrick is hospitalized 11/22/2014 to present ( 11/25/2014)

http://www.uahealth.com/locations/south-campus

LottaKash
11-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Patrick, sorry to hear about the current pickle that you are in... :(

Thoughts and prayers for you to get well and back into your life's journey and adventures, soon enough.... ;)

Dave Schwartz
11-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Update: I just got off the phone with PK. He has a serious infection that will require removal of an internal body part. He is (admittedly) frightened by the procedure.

This is causing quite an upheaval in his life.

I asked him what he needs to do and his response is that they want to send him home from the hospital after the surgery - in the next day or two.

"Home" is the difficult part for PK because that would be Daytona Beach, FL and he is currently in Tucson.

He will undoubtedly be laid up for quite some time in recovery and should be "home" for that.

Please note that he is low on funds.

I think we should help. "We" meaning all of us here on P.A.

Working on a plan.

Jingle
11-25-2014, 02:22 PM
Dave--very thoughtful and nice of you to do that. Happy Thanksgiving.

Bill

Dave Schwartz
11-25-2014, 03:20 PM
Just got an update.

No surgery! Instead they are attacking the infection. He says the possibility exists that he will be in the hospital for a couple of weeks!

Stay tuned.

thaskalos
11-25-2014, 03:23 PM
Just got an update.

No surgery! Instead they are attacking the infection. He says the possibility exists that he will be in the hospital for a couple of weeks!

Stay tuned.

How do we get some money to him, Dave? Good wishes don't go far enough at times like these.

Dave Schwartz
11-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Give me a day to figure this out.

Thinking that we'll simply put up an item in the store that says, "Help PK Trucker" for $10. People can send as many units as they want.

I was hoping to have one more conversation with him today.

Dave Schwartz
11-25-2014, 10:33 PM
I have set up a donation link here: PK Trucker Donations (http://store.thehorsehandicappingauthority.com/patrick-kane-donation/)

Each unit is a $10 donation. Please consider a few units.

I spoke with him around 5:30pm tonight and it seems the hospital wants to get rid of him as soon as possible. He thinks they may discharge him tomorrow, despite the fact that he is in constant pain and is unable to walk.

Hopefully they will keep him long enough for us to raise enough money to allow him to buy two plane tickets. I went online and a one-way ticket from Tucson to Daytona Beach is $596 (same as a round trip). Since he is a big guy, he will probably need TWO tickets.

Please, friends, consider our friend.

Special note: Since we are acting in a fiduciary capacity, we will be open to someone to audit our "sales" from this effort when we're done.

LAP_520
11-26-2014, 08:18 AM
Thanks Dave.

Wednesday 11/26/2014 7:32 AM ~ update on PK

I had to wait four hours for PK to response to my written question to him on facebook messaging.. even thou the indicator light was ON.

First part of conversation from Tuesday 11/25, started with PK messaging me .......

"just got call i was to be out on morning, hope it is wrong"

I messaged him back ... asking for number verification and 4 hours later he messaged me this ......

"sorru Larry i thonk they are making me , Seriously have mental break doen had to be tranked"

This morning went I got on .. his indicator light was on ... so I asked him how he was doing today.....

his response was ~ ..... "Tired, painful"

This is not a good sign. It looks like besides IV fluids, they are also keeping him somewhat sedated. Hopefully, that means he WILL be staying in for a while longer.

PS... think he is sleeping again ( 8:19 AM)

Dave Schwartz
11-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Larry,

Thank you for your effort. I received a similar message last night. SOunded somewhat incoherent.

Until just a moment ago, we had not had any donations.

Just now we received a message with a rather large "commitment" of money.

I hope a few others feel the desire to donate.

Just received a message to donate thru PayPal.

Here is the one we use for business: NevBeth@Gmail.com

Dave

Dave Schwartz
11-26-2014, 08:59 AM
Found out why nobody is donating. The stupid store was adding $20 shipping. Working on that problem now.

Fixed. Turned out it did not like "0.00" for a shipping cost until I made it a downloadable product.

PK Donation Link (http://store.thehorsehandicappingauthority.com/patrick-kane-donation/)

Dave Schwartz
11-26-2014, 10:12 AM
I told PK that the donations had begun and he cried.

LAP_520
11-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Lets get 'er done ... This is a Good way to "THANK" a truck driver. Especially, when he needs all the comfort and support from friends and comrades.

Thanks again Dave Schwartz for taking this and 'paying" if forward.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

God Bless.

Larry

Shelby
11-26-2014, 11:37 AM
Done! I hope someone could pass on my best wishes for a quick recovery. I hope he gets home very soon! Nothing worse than being in away from home and in a hospital.

P.S. Truck drivers and their trucks are a VERY important part of our business. We couldn't function without them. Thank you, Patrick!

Dave Schwartz
11-26-2014, 11:49 AM
Shelby, that was a VERY NICE donation, as well.

Thank you.

wisconsin
11-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Happy to help a fellow man. Enjoyed hanging out with Patrick at Arlington. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

098poi
11-26-2014, 12:06 PM
I am visiting friends in NY and just found this thread. I am fortunate that I have insurance and if that wasn't there family and friends who would assist in my time of need. Happy to assist PK Trucker as part of the PA family. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Thanks Dave for setting is up.

Ted Craven
11-26-2014, 01:05 PM
Patrick, happy to help out, hope you make it home safe and can recover properly. We had some good times at the Spa and in Toronto!

yours,

Ted

Shelby
11-26-2014, 01:12 PM
Shelby, that was a VERY NICE donation, as well.

Thank you.

Thank YOU for doing this for Patrick! Horse people really are the best people.

CryingForTheHorses
11-26-2014, 02:18 PM
May you get well soon Trucker..Florida is nice this time of year..Lisa and I have sent a donation thu your site.
Dave you are a angel..Thank you for your kindness!!

PaceAdvantage
11-26-2014, 05:44 PM
I have a feeling we'll be able to get Patrick home...I just donated...I hope others will as well...

I can't recall us ever doing this here on PaceAdvantage...let's not make it a habit (and by that, I mean having members get into terrible binds like this...never want to see this).

Thanks to Dave for setting this up...

nijinski
11-26-2014, 06:44 PM
The kindness and caring here is a beautiful thing .

Even of some here send a small donation it all adds up ! That's all I can do
right now , it's much needed for Patrick ! Hopefully he heads home soon !

Prayers for Patrick !

Dave Schwartz
11-26-2014, 06:59 PM
Update: We have been deluged with "orders" (i.e. donations) for PK. So many that I do not have a handle on the total yet. I will some time this evening.

I am blown away by the generosity of horse people. Kudos to you all.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Dave Schwartz
11-26-2014, 08:58 PM
Update from PK: They have scheduled an exploratory surgery for tomorrow morning.

LAP_520
11-26-2014, 09:19 PM
November 2014

This Thanksgiving, Please keep Patrick K (pktruckdriver) in your Prayers.

Thank You all for your thoughts, well wishes, and donations to Patrick's cause.

Patrick has traveled the USA from Coast to Coast and Border to Border in his job and he definitely has "caring friends" in many places....

THANK YOU !

***** Best Wishes for a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving *******

thespaah
11-26-2014, 09:40 PM
Wow!

I will try to contact him tomorrow.

Have a phone number for him somewhere here, too.
Dave if wants to keep the truck, surely you can advise him there things he can work out with the lender that would allow him to keep the Rig..
Please tell Patrick not to give up.
These things can be worked out.

Dave Schwartz
11-26-2014, 10:11 PM
Spaah,

He spoke about that today.

He has decided that the best thing for now is to return the truck. This is especially true since he will likely be unable to drive for at least 2-3 months while he is convalescing.

Dave Schwartz
11-27-2014, 11:59 AM
Update: Thanksgiving Morning

1. As far as I know, PK is going in for surgery this morning. Will report more when I speak to him again today.

2. We are disbursing all that we have in the account to PK via PayPal today. Are you ready?

$2,705 is the current balance!

We will continue to process donations through the weekend.

Thanks for your amazing generosity.

Shelby
11-27-2014, 12:46 PM

1. As far as I know, PK is going in for surgery this morning. Will report more when I speak to him again today.

2. We are disbursing all that we have in the account to PK via PayPal today. Are you ready?

Oh MY GOSH!!!! That is AMAZING!!!!!! This should help ease his burden a bit, I hope.

Tom
11-27-2014, 12:57 PM
Excellent!

JustRalph
11-27-2014, 02:13 PM
And just think, no takeout!

ArlJim78
11-27-2014, 02:38 PM
Was happy to donate for PK Truckdriver. I spent some time with him during our first Arlington get together.
Hope you have a speedy full recovery Patrick. :ThmbUp:

CryingForTheHorses
11-27-2014, 02:56 PM

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Dave Schwartz
11-27-2014, 04:01 PM
And just think, no takeout!

Well, there was the credit card and PayPal fees (which we happily ingested).

Also, I heard that some people were charged sales tax by the store. (That kind of pisses me off but is outside my control.)

But, yes... essentially, no SIGNIFICANT takeout. If only racing would get that message.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

PK Update: I do not have one.

MONEY
11-27-2014, 04:07 PM
You can send money through paypal without for free by using the friends
& family option in the paypal website.

PICSIX
11-27-2014, 04:31 PM

Awesome! Nice job PA members & thank you Dave for fast tracking this :ThmbUp:

At the dinner table today I expressed to my family that we should be extremely thankful for our health!

thaskalos
11-27-2014, 04:47 PM
The lion's share of the credit here should go to Dave Schwartz...without whom, our little venture here would still be at the "good wishes" stage. Some situations demand quick and decisive action...and Dave was the first to act on that.

Respect. :ThmbUp:

Dave Schwartz
11-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Please... no kind words necessary for me. Let's leave this about Patrick and a joint effort of expressing our collective gratefulness at the perfect time of the year.

LOL - This is like a telethon.

"Operators are standing by. Do we have a new total, Johnny?"

"We do, Jerry."

$2,835

(We are still waiting to disburse. Looking for PK to come out of surgery so we can verify that his PayPal is still working.)

Exotic1
11-27-2014, 05:42 PM
Please... no kind words necessary for me. Let's leave this about Patrick and a joint effort of expressing our collective gratefulness at the perfect time of the year.

LOL - This is like a telethon.

"Operators are standing by. Do we have a new total, Johnny?"

"We do, Jerry."

$2,835

(We are still waiting to disburse. Looking for PK to come out of surgery so we can verify that his PayPal is still working.)

Dave,

That you gave much of your Thanksgiving day to run this drive, is incredibly wonderful.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Dave Schwartz
11-27-2014, 05:55 PM
Update: Just spoke with PK. He is in recovery and very incoherent.

Told him to call me when he woke up.

iceknight
11-27-2014, 06:10 PM
Update: Just spoke with PK. He is in recovery and very incoherent.

Told him to call me when he woke up. Wish you a speedy recovery and safe trip home. Thank you Dave!

Wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.
Ice/nari

Robert Fischer
11-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Get well soon Patrick.

proximity
11-27-2014, 11:50 PM
the proximity poker tour will donate the greater of 1/2 of friday's game winnings or 1/2 of friday's free slots play. (I think we have $55?)

game report will be posted here:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109925

GET WELL PATRICK!!

LAP_520
11-28-2014, 09:50 AM
11/28/2014 Update from Patrick -

he typed :

"made it through surgery back on morphine sorry typing is bad still groggy, not going soon, and ,may need a rehab center"

Dave Schwartz
11-28-2014, 11:04 AM
Beth just sent PK $3,095 via PayPal.

What a wonderful endeavor for us to pull off together and what a perfect time to do it.

Shelby
11-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Oh Dave, that's just wonderful!!!!!

Exotic1
11-28-2014, 11:46 AM

What a wonderful endeavor for us to pull off together and what a perfect time to do it.

:ThmbUp:

castaway01
11-28-2014, 11:50 AM
Nice work Dave in setting all this up. I hope the money is able to help somewhat and that, more importantly, Patrick gets his health back on track.

Sly7449
11-28-2014, 12:29 PM
Patrick, Best Wishes and a Speedy Recovery.

Thanks to Dave Schwartz for setting up this Fund.

Very Nice response from the PA Community so far but based on the lack of Health Insurance, I can only imagine what his Hospitalization Bill would be. Anyone that has a better idea of what (Hospitalization and Surgery/Rehab cost) he could be looking at can throw some numbers out here.

This would be a more realistic Goal for the Fund Raiser.

PK is not asking for a Fish, he NEEDS his Truck so that he can Fish. Let's also help him with that until he get back on his feet and become self sufficient.

Once again, what is the estimated cost of his Truck associated installments for his down period?

I noticed where Dave provided 2 Options, a $10 and a $50. Multiples can also be selected.

Once we get a Target for the Fund Raiser, hopefully those who are seeing this post for the first time would choose the $50 Option as opposed to the $10.

Sacrifice the amount you normally play in a Race (by skipping the race) and Donate such.

If you had a Winning Day or Weekend, also remember PK.

For those that have responded to PK's numerous post on PA, now is the time to Put Your Money where your Mouth Went.

All Ill Emotions aside please.

Think about it. Look and see who is Spear Heading this Drive.

Enough said.

DONATE!

Well, PLEASE DONATE.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL. BEST WISHES, COMFORT AND JOY

Thanks

Sly

Sly7449
11-28-2014, 12:58 PM
Greetings,

Just spoke with a Trucker and he estimated that the Weekly Payment for a Used Rig could Cost around $600.

With PK out of work for 12 weeks means that he would be looking at $7,200.00

He needs to make sure he gets approval to leave his Truck where it is parked for 3 months so that it won't get Impounded.

May also want to inform his Truck Insurance Company so that they can Temporarily Cancel his Insurance during the Non Operable Period.

The above two should have been done already, if not, NOW!

Still awaiting Estimated Medical Cost so that a more Realistic Target could be obtained.

For those currently WITHOUT Health Insurance, THINK AGAIN.

I have seen ads talking about Open Enrollment ends SOON, Dec 7.

garyscpa
11-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Then Patrick needs to enrolled ASAP.

proximity
11-29-2014, 01:10 AM

dave,

just got back from the game (post #57).

can we still send?

proximity

pandy
11-29-2014, 10:30 AM
This is awesome. Get well soon, Patrick.

Dave Schwartz
11-29-2014, 10:49 AM
Absolutely you still can. The money has slowed but continues to grow. We are now working on a new pile with $180.

BTW, I will be looking for a volunteer to help us do a cursory audit of the money we received after we close this out. I would appreciate someone who is well known on the board as a volunteer.

What we will do is an online meeting where we will do a query of what "PK Products" were sold. Should be pretty straightforward.

Dave

PaceAdvantage
11-30-2014, 12:20 AM
Wow, you guys "done good." That's all I can say. Very proud of everyone in this thread and all those who donated!

CryingForTheHorses
11-30-2014, 07:18 PM
Absolutely you still can. The money has slowed but continues to grow. We are now working on a new pile with $180.

BTW, I will be looking for a volunteer to help us do a cursory audit of the money we received after we close this out. I would appreciate someone who is well known on the board as a volunteer.

What we will do is an online meeting where we will do a query of what "PK Products" were sold. Should be pretty straightforward.

Dave

Not that Im well known! ,But if I can help you,no problem if need be.

Dave Schwartz
11-30-2014, 07:32 PM
That would be great.

Ted Craven also volunteered, so we will try to find an agreeable time. Ted is out of town until Wednesday.

Dave Schwartz
12-01-2014, 11:51 AM
At noon today I will be taking down the PK Trucker donation link.

This will be the last opportunity.

http://store.thehorsehandicappingauthority.com/special-deals/

As of now, we have and additional $240 to distribute, making the grand total $3,335!

Dave Schwartz
12-01-2014, 12:02 PM
I spoke to PK this morning. He is doing much better and expecting to leave the hospital soon.

Anyone who wishes to contact him may do so via his cell phone at 386.847.2655. Phone calls or texts are welcome.

RXB
12-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Good of you to organize this, Dave. :ThmbUp:

Patrick, best wishes for a full recovery.

Dave Schwartz
12-01-2014, 11:37 PM
The telethon has ended.

Tomorrow we will distribute the final $300.

Final tally is $3,395.

You people should give yourselves a hand. :jump: :jump:

FantasticDan
12-02-2014, 01:22 AM
Does anyone know if the surgery he just had is related to the urgent surgery he was requesting donations for in February, 2013?

http://pktruckdriver.blogspot.com
https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/v1x1/pktruckdriver

Apparently, despite these health issues, he's had no insurance for years? Is there no recourse, whether via Obamacare or some form of assistance?

CryingForTheHorses
12-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Does anyone know if the surgery he just had is related to the urgent surgery he was requesting donations for in February, 2013?

Apparently, despite these health issues, he's had no insurance for years? Is there no recourse, whether via Obamacare or some form of assistance?

Requesting donations?..Im lost now!..I wasnt aware of him "Requesting" donations at another time..

Dave Schwartz
12-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Requesting donations?..Im lost now!..I wasnt aware of him "Requesting" donations at another time..

I have no idea either.

Just for the record, PK had nothing to do with this (beyond saying it was okay with him when I suggested it).

This was a good thing... money was raised for one of our own who has some struggles. Many of us have taken away a good feeling about what has been accomplished.

I would respectfully suggest that if anyone feels that they have been taken advantage of or misled in any way, they write to me about a refund before we do the final disbursement this afternoon. Just send me an email and we will quietly refund your money.

If you did not donate but have bad feelings about what went on, then I would (again respectfully) suggest that you put your opinions in another thread so as to not taint this one.

FantasticDan
12-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Just to make clear, it wasn't my intent to cast any kind of doubt or dark cloud over the very generous efforts here, I just wanted to point out that it seems like this is an ongoing health issue for Patrick, and I want him to get insurance! Hopefully someone can guide him in those efforts ASAP..

Sorry again for any confusion. :ThmbUp:

LAP_520
12-02-2014, 01:03 PM

February 2013 ......I did see this that Patrick set up...... That was about the time I started conversing with him here on PA and on Facebook. Patrick did have a very serious medical condition that was resolved as far as I known.. He was apparently living in North Dakota at that time.... Ended up back home in the State of Florida ,,, had the medical problem(s) repaired..... then started back working for trucking companies driving Semis across the US.

OCTOBER 2014 -
THIS IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MEDICAL PROBLEM and not related to his problem in 2013

As of today... Tuesday 12/02/2014 ..( pktruckdriver ) Patrick Kane is still in the University of Arizona Medical Center, South Campus.

http://www.uahealth.com/locations/south-campus

/////

I do not know why he does not have medical insurance..... but I can make a guess for some of the reasons.... First guess... EMPLOYMENT for PK is hit and miss....

Medical Insurance coverage has a clause that they will not cover pre- existing conditions..... so getting any kind of insurance coverage now would not help in this .

Assistance, he makes too much money when he does have a job to qualify
for assistance.

Patrick is in the same position over 70 percent of the population is in ... living paycheck to paycheck while the rich get richer.

Ten years ago I was told there will no longer be a "middle class" society thanks to the way this country is run.

Prayers going out to Patrick that the medical staff will find the cause for his
current medical problems.....

Thank You to everybody for your generosity and Prayers for a fellow human being.

CryingForTheHorses
12-02-2014, 07:03 PM
I have no idea either.

Just for the record, PK had nothing to do with this (beyond saying it was okay with him when I suggested it).

This was a good thing... money was raised for one of our own who has some struggles. Many of us have taken away a good feeling about what has been accomplished.

I would respectfully suggest that if anyone feels that they have been taken advantage of or misled in any way, they write to me about a refund before we do the final disbursement this afternoon. Just send me an email and we will quietly refund your money.

If you did not donate but have bad feelings about what went on, then I would (again respectfully) suggest that you put your opinions in another thread so as to not taint this one.

I feel good Dave,I hate seeing somebody in a bind,..I donated because I believe in helping people and would love to see him get back home,So much easier when you have people that care!

Ted Craven
12-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Hello friends, I just got off the line with Dave Schwartz and a remote computer connection where he walked me through the payments his store received (minus names) for Patrick's fundraiser, from the beginning through yesterday. Actually, not only contributions for Patrick, but ALL payments received so it was clear that the ones he subsequently filtered out (odd-ball amounts for his products) clearly were unrelated. He also identified a few contributions received other than through his store.

What I saw added up to a hundred or so less than the $3395 he disbursed to Patrick, so I'm happy to accept that everyone who contributed through his store had their funds passed on to Patrick, without deduction. Dave or others added funds which ended up at the final amount, over and above what his store collected. It is obvious that unless there is no processing fee by Dave's online e-commerce provider (unlikely!), that Dave himself was picking up the fees himself to collect people's contributions. A measure of the 'step up to help' that Dave has exhibited in this whole thing.

So, that's my report to the PA membership. I am grateful to Dave for his act of generosity and the effort which followed from that, and not only the funds collection, but the communication with Patrick and the feedback here. And, always, to LAP_520 (Larry P) for being a friend to Patrick and getting the whole ball rolling.

Thank you Dave, thank you Larry, and thank you to everyone who contributed. The ball is now partly in Patrick's court, and partly in the hands of fate. I'm sure we all wish him well.

Ted

Tom
12-03-2014, 08:47 PM
:3: :3: :9: :5:

Awesome, guys.

LAP_520
12-06-2014, 09:23 AM
Awesome news ! I am sure Patrick will be overwhelmed with the generosity done for him.

As far as I know, he is still in the University of Arizona South Campus Medical Center... 12/02/2014

Dave Schwartz
12-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Update: Last I heard (yesterday) one of our members volunteered to pick PK up at his hospital in Tucson and bring him to his home in Phoenix (I believe) to await his air transportation. Not sure when that is or if it is even scheduled.

The last message I got from PK was that he was supposed to be out by 11am but that was 1pm or so.

Shelby
12-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Oh that's SO nice. Thank you to our member :)

LAP_520
12-06-2014, 01:51 PM
12/06/2014 Update...

As Dave Schwartz mentioned,,, Patrick Kane was released from the Hospital...his flight home to Florida is tentatively scheduled for Monday. He is by no means "Out of the woods" yet. But he will be heading home.

Thank You to the Pace Advantage member in Arizona that is offering PK assistance...

God Bless

lamboguy
12-06-2014, 01:56 PM
i have been speaking to him as well. he has a very tough road in front of him now. dealing with the hospital that he was in 3000 miles away was impossible.

the good thing is that everyone here came through for him in a real time of need. the money he got was great, but the compassion that everyone showed here was immense and got him through this ordeal.

LAP_520
12-08-2014, 08:31 PM
UPDATE 12/08/2014

Patrick has the first leg of his plane flight completed.. He should now be boarding a connecting flight ( after a long layover, and plane mechanical issues) to continue his journey home...

Home for the Holidays... has a very special meaning this year.

THANK YOU !

Robert Fischer
12-08-2014, 10:06 PM
The pace advantage family looks out for one another. :ThmbUp:

Happy Holidays Patrick.

pktruckdriver
12-09-2014, 04:32 PM

Hello everyone, I have heard about this effort on the board and it brought me to tears the support I received, and I am so thankful for Larry , Dave and Mike, for allowing to be to done and organizing it, thanks from the bottom of my heart, and the same to all who donated, I am not sure who you all were, but whether you donated or just sent your prayers I AM SO ABSOLUTELY THANKFUL FOR ALL THE SUPPORT.

Now as for what Dan found I will explain it best I can, and most who know me are aware that I am , if not anything, pretty straight forward, even if it makes me look a little strange or stupid.

I am overweight, anyone who seen me knows this, my battle with my weight is slowly killing me, I have no discipline to stop eating or excersising, sad I know, stupid also, but it is the cold hard truth.
So I found this site and decided to see what happens and filled out my info, and the amount needed for me to have Gastric Sleeve and also Belly-Button Hernia Surgery, yes in Mexico both can be had for about 6,500.00 , and I added a 1,000.00 for incidentals, but as you all can see I raised NO MONEY, not one single dime, I saw it as God's way of telling me to lose it the weight the hard way, which so far I have been unable to do.
But I was not ever hospitalized with any major issue here, it was an attempt to get money for Surgery in the future , If the money was raised, in reality it was like my dream of hitting the KY. Derby Superfecta one day, most likely never happen.

If anyone still does not understand , please PM me, but I think it was a simple explanation, sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

As for an update, I will try to explain it without too many medical terms, but let's say I still have 2, when it looked like I may have been left with only 1, and still that may happen, think that makes it clear the area of concern, and it spread some , but I am unsure of if it was contained, and my current condition, has me seeking a 2nd opinion down here in Florida, and thanks to you guys, I should be able to get one, as I am still in much pain and to me not actually getting better, but slightly getting worse, details... just trust me, what is happening , should be happening in reverse,( less swelling , hardening, and pain), it is like it is starting over again, yet I was told this would happen, But...I thought healing would be less pain, less swelling , etc.., so I am confused and will seek 2nd opinion.

As for all the other issues in my life, let's keep that out of this, if you want to know, PM me , I can update you, but for those who know me it is basically the same old story, I always seem to stand up and then somehow I fall down and have to start all over again and again, so nothing new there.

AGAIN MANY DEEP HEART FELT THANKS TO YOU ALL

Patrick

pktruckdriver
12-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Let me say one more thing, the Person in Arizona who came to Tuscon to get me from the Hospital and opened his home to me till my flight yesterday.

He and his family were the best hosts a person could ever have, and my deepest and most sincere thanks is given, and they are to remain anonymous out of there request.

Thanks

Patrick

Shelby
12-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Patrick, I'm so glad that you're home and at least able to type on a computer. I pray that you recover quickly and that you have no more health issues. ((((hugs))))

woodtoo
12-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Great news Patrick!
Wishing you a speedy recovery in the comfort of your own home.
The very kinds hearts of people here really do shine thru. :ThmbUp:

LAP_520
12-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Follow up with that 2nd opinion PK and get on the road to full recovery.....

The Highways will be there for you to go down once fully recovered.

You have friends here on Pace Advantage and through out this Great Country.

Prayers for you that the Doctors will get "this" resolved.

A HUGE Thank You to the " Arizona Family" :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::T hmbUp::ThmbUp:

wisconsin
12-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Looking forward to seeing you again at Arlington!

LAP_520
01-05-2015, 12:01 PM
January 5, 2015

UPDATE on pktruckdriver (Patrick Kane)

This is only information for all who helped in PK peril .

He is still home in Florida.

Today, 1/05/2015, he messaged me that he goes for ultrasound.

There are plans in the works to have another surgery this month...

Thanks for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.