PDA

View Full Version : Sad as hell or not?

JustRalph
11-23-2014, 10:42 AM
I can't decide if this is sad as hell or just a sign of the times......

Heard it on the radio this morning while listening to Xmas music. Check out the lyrics......listen all the way through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpxYDEVIe7E

DpxYDEVIe7E

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/theater-arts/kristen-bell-releases-text-merry-christmas-article-1.2014681

DJofSD
11-23-2014, 11:06 AM
A sign of the times. If that's the best some one can do, send a text message, it's sad. If it is the only thing they can do, that's sad too.

FantasticDan
11-23-2014, 11:20 AM
It's a cute tune, and obviously poking fun at the text culture. :ThmbUp:

Or maybe not so obviously. :p

Marshall Bennett
11-23-2014, 12:04 PM
I've yet to ever text anyone. Isn't easier just to dial and talk?

MJC922
11-23-2014, 12:57 PM
I've yet to ever text anyone. Isn't easier just to dial and talk?

I felt the same way at one point but after getting a cheap non-smart phone found myself texting quite a bit. I find it's like leaving a note on the counter for someone, a common example if I'm at work or my wife is at work we might send a quick text asking to pick up milk or bread whatever on the way home -- the text msg doesn't interrupt anyone at work like a call would, you check it every so often time permitting. I mean if it's urgent of course calling is the thing to do but I find the texting is handy.

thaskalos
11-23-2014, 01:25 PM
I never liked texting. I never know if my text message has been noticed or not...and I often fail to notice text messages that I myself happen to receive.

I guess it's the price you pay for spending a lot of time in noisy places.

TJDave
11-23-2014, 03:16 PM
I never liked texting. I never know if my text message has been noticed or not...and I often fail to notice text messages that I myself happen to receive.

I guess it's the price you pay for spending a lot of time in noisy places.

There is no significant difference between texting and participating on this forum.

I hated texting...until I started texting... Now, I love it. You can talk to each other without time constraints. You also have the time to craft your response, just like here. Group texting is a great time saver, also. The only real issues I have is texting in public. I would never do it unless in an emergency. I also feel the same about cell phoning.

Tom
11-23-2014, 04:14 PM
I never liked texting.

U2?
ICAM.
ALOL!
FOMC!

SIG2R.
C4N.

JustRalph
11-23-2014, 04:36 PM
I never texted until I was sitting at a NASCAR race in Charlotte about five years back. My phone kept ringing, but there was no way to hear over the cars. So, I texted the person. I have never stopped. The wife and I text more than anything else.

I like that you can receive a text on vibrate, pull your phone out, glance at it and nobody realizes you're having a conversation until you have to type.