PDA

View Full Version : AQU R2 Today (Tiz Elusive) What to Make Of This?

FlintAtTheFetlock
11-22-2014, 11:43 AM
I'd be curious what more experienced handicappers with insights into Trainers/Owners think about decision by connections? A stud fee of $75k and price of $140K going out first time for MC30000 :confused:

I see owner and trainer same last name (wife? daughter?) Would they not take a shot elsewhere first? I am inclined to lay off this horse? Good idea? Am I doing the math right on this lopsided transaction?

The :6: here looks to be the play (McPeek). I'll pair him with the :2: who finally gets dry ground and some distance relief after an improved effort last out. EX Box 2/6

:1: Tiz Elusive (NA 0)
Own: Contessa Jennifer
9/5 Green And White Diamonds, White Cap
B. f. 2 (Apr) FTKJUL 2013 $140k
Sire : Tiznow (Cee's Tizzy) $75,000
Dam: Miss Elusive (Elusive Quality)
Brdr: Penn Ridge Farms & Triton Farm LLC (KY)
Trnr: Contessa Gary C (45 3-6-5 7%)

davew
11-22-2014, 12:48 PM
I have seen similar horses win. Pretty sure I have even seen MC30,000 horses run in the Kentucky Derby.

It is a 'mind game' - there must be something'wrong' with this horse, or why would they run so low (winners share of $35K purse?)

It will be intersting to see if anyone claims Tiz Elusive - looks very nice in warm-up

FlintAtTheFetlock
11-22-2014, 12:55 PM
:1: smoked them. Maybe the mind game was no one would claim him because of the confounding entry and he goes on a little roll now. Ballsy move.

Grits
11-22-2014, 12:55 PM
Wife is Jennifer.

DeltaLover
11-22-2014, 01:00 PM
At 6-5 was certainly a bad betting proposition... You can not go wrong with tossing this kind of starters. Of course they will win some times, but overall they will be crashed...

Ruffian1
11-22-2014, 02:32 PM
I'd be curious what more experienced handicappers with insights into Trainers/Owners think about decision by connections? A stud fee of $75k and price of $140K going out first time for MC30000 :confused:

I see owner and trainer same last name (wife? daughter?) Would they not take a shot elsewhere first? I am inclined to lay off this horse? Good idea? Am I doing the math right on this lopsided transaction?

The :6: here looks to be the play (McPeek). I'll pair him with the :2: who finally gets dry ground and some distance relief after an improved effort last out. EX Box 2/6

:1: Tiz Elusive (NA 0)
Own: Contessa Jennifer
9/5 Green And White Diamonds, White Cap
B. f. 2 (Apr) FTKJUL 2013 $140k
Sire : Tiznow (Cee's Tizzy) $75,000
Dam: Miss Elusive (Elusive Quality)
Brdr: Penn Ridge Farms & Triton Farm LLC (KY)
Trnr: Contessa Gary C (45 3-6-5 7%)

The original buyer was Pike Racing at F.T. Kent. in July 2013.

I have no idea of exactly what happened but my best guess is that the current owner bought this horse at a very reduced price somewhere along the line.
This happens more than one might think .
I did not see the race but I have to think that she has soundness problems from an injury that will persist and hinder her ability to reach her potential. Not saying she was sore today, but saying that she might have bowed a tendon, lost an eye, or something that in the judgement of the owners compromised her future 9-12 months ago and the buyers cut their losses.
Just a guess, but it does happen often enough.
She was certainly well meant , bringing 140k as a yearling.

DeltaLover
11-22-2014, 04:01 PM
The original buyer was Pike Racing at F.T. Kent. in July 2013.

I have no idea of exactly what happened but my best guess is that the current owner bought this horse at a very reduced price somewhere along the line.
This happens more than one might think .
I did not see the race but I have to think that she has soundness problems from an injury that will persist and hinder her ability to reach her potential. Not saying she was sore today, but saying that she might have bowed a tendon, lost an eye, or something that in the judgement of the owners compromised her future 9-12 months ago and the buyers cut their losses.
Just a guess, but it does happen often enough.
She was certainly well meant , bringing 140k as a yearling.

The problem with this kind of a runner is that it does not offer betting value. Let's hope she will become the favorite next time out....