PDA

View Full Version : Delta Downs Princess discussion

letswastemoney
11-21-2014, 12:06 AM
Temper Mint Patty's lone wet dirt start is too good to ignore.

Most horses coming from the A.P. Indy line fare well on wet dirt. Her second sire is A.P. Indy. I have to think this filly is the horse to beat (if it rains).

Your pick?

BRIS PPs (http://www.brisnet.com/php/bw_pdf_viewer.php?track=DED&race=6&param1=1518&param2=4554&param3=821712)

DRF Entries (http://www.drf.com/race-entries/DED/USA/2014-11-22/D)

Some_One
11-21-2014, 01:02 AM
The race is a simple question, do you think TCB can run a run back to that 101 Bris figure? If yes, bet TCB/pass, if no, lay TCB/bet everyone else. I lean to the latter personally.

letswastemoney
11-21-2014, 01:06 AM
The race is a simple question, do you think TCB can run a run back to that 101 Bris figure? If yes, bet TCB/pass, if no, lay TCB/bet everyone else. I lean to the latter personally.I think she's capable of running well, but Breeders' Cup horses tend to be bet because Breeders' Cup is in their running lines.

Temper Mint Patty's 99 top BRIS figure would be close enough for me if I were to trust their scale.

tanner12oz
11-21-2014, 05:24 AM
I think the quick turn is better then the BC then layoff line...see those horses crushed and fizzle alot

Bennie
11-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Haven't seen the timeform numbers yet but looks like lots of pace here and I am looking at Danessa Deluxe. good closer and if 12-1 or better good value.

letswastemoney
11-22-2014, 04:09 PM
Without rain, I have no clue.

I've always liked Take Charge Brandi's breeding as a niece of Will Take Charge. I guess I'll root for her to win.

Stillriledup
11-22-2014, 05:10 PM
Those are dreadful horses for 400k. Yikes, the winner is a slow poke but you gotta give her credit, nobody else showed up.

Tom
11-22-2014, 05:14 PM
The race is a simple question, do you think TCB can run a run back to that 101 Bris figure? If yes, bet TCB/pass, if no, lay TCB/bet everyone else. I lean to the latter personally.
I doubt she ran it the first time.

cj
11-22-2014, 05:21 PM
Those are dreadful horses for 400k. Yikes, the winner is a slow poke but you gotta give her credit, nobody else showed up.

Slow poke? you mean the BC winner is a slow poke? If this was a dreadful field for 400k, what was the BC for a million?

letswastemoney
11-22-2014, 05:28 PM
I thought it was a nice win.

Take Charge Brandi has a late developing pedigree. Maybe she gets even better next year.

Stillriledup
11-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Slow poke? you mean the BC winner is a slow poke? If this was a dreadful field for 400k, what was the BC for a million?

She sat a nice stalking trip at Churchill and stopped in the lane and ran a 58 Beyer on Sept 6th. Since then, she's found ways to win big pursed races. How she did it is anyone's guess. I could probably find a 3k claimer somewhere in the country who could run a 58 Beyer so i don't think shes particularly talented. She's gutty and well bred and gets around there fine, but i don't think she's any kind of star. Great job by the Coach.

cj
11-22-2014, 05:59 PM
She sat a nice stalking trip at Churchill and stopped in the lane and ran a 58 Beyer on Sept 6th. Since then, she's found ways to win big pursed races. How she did it is anyone's guess. I could probably find a 3k claimer somewhere in the country who could run a 58 Beyer so i don't think shes particularly talented. She's gutty and well bred and gets around there fine, but i don't think she's any kind of star. Great job by the Coach.

Who cares what she ran when she lost? How does that make her a slow poke? That Holy Bull sure sucked, did you see his Derby?

horses4courses
11-22-2014, 07:22 PM
She had breathing problems early on - flipped palate.
Clocker Bruno De Julio explains:

Racingwithbruno @Racingwithbruno · 2h 2 hours ago
After #bc14 learned Take Charge Brandi had displaced in prior starts, different equipment was used! Now she is following in steps of brother

Racingwithbruno @Racingwithbruno · 2h 2 hours ago
It's like going diving and having some1 turning your air on and off - or snorkel and have some1 cover your breathing tube out of the blue

Racingwithbruno @Racingwithbruno · 1h 1 hour ago
Brandi had run off in the Alcibiades and my guess is she was fighting the tongue tie, most likely rider feedback helped DWayne

horses4courses
11-22-2014, 07:29 PM
CraigJ retweeted
Michael East ‏@jitters 2h2 hours ago
Only at Delta Downs RT @DRFRampellini: A fabulous image from Satuday @deltaracing from @CoadyPhoto:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3E8yCSCMAAKkvk.jpg

Stillriledup
11-22-2014, 07:41 PM
Who cares what she ran when she lost? How does that make her a slow poke? That Holy Bull sure sucked, did you see his Derby?

So you think she's a great horse and fast, we can agree to disagree.

kingfin66
11-23-2014, 12:40 AM
So you think she's a great horse and fast, we can agree to disagree.

Of course that is not what he said, but you know that. Another example of you being you. It got old years ago.

MJC922
11-23-2014, 07:36 AM
2yo filly 7 starts with no more than 3 to 4 weeks between races, comes off a top in the BC and entered right back in 3 weeks... good old Wayne. Let's see, WTC lasted 6 races after the Clark.

JustRalph
11-23-2014, 08:33 AM
I just watched some replays including the Stakes races. The track seemed slow to me. Seemed like everybody went out fast but finished slow

classhandicapper
11-23-2014, 11:13 AM
I just watched some replays including the Stakes races. The track seemed slow to me. Seemed like everybody went out fast but finished slow

Some of that may have been related to the fact that they had a very long straight early.

Tall One
11-23-2014, 11:58 AM
Migliore noted on HRTV's Horizon show, that TCB doesn't seem to like the stick. Said he noticed when Espinoza got into her a bit in the BCJF she tightened up (slowed down) and then he went back to the hand ride. Yesterday, Lopez flashed and flagged the whip at her some, but basically hand rode her.

cj
11-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Some of that may have been related to the fact that they had a very long straight early.

I haven't done the figures yet, but it was mentioned wind was pretty strong, but I don't remember the direction.

cj
11-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Of course that is not what he said, but you know that. Another example of you being you. It got old years ago.

Thanks, exactly what I was going to post.

classhandicapper
11-23-2014, 06:49 PM
I haven't changed my view on Take Charge Brandi.

I think her race at KEE was clearly way better than it looked on paper. The pace was fast and the race collapsed on that track that day.

I think she ran well in the Juvenile filly, but the track helped carry her to the win after setting a lively pace against a much stronger field than yesterday.

I think she ran well again yesterday stalking and putting away a very fast sprinter, but I don't think there was much behind her. Majestic Presence was 15-1 in the JF and got buried in the race. Skipalute would have been somewhere between 50-1 and 100-1 in the JF.

I searched far and wide for a way to make a play against her yesterday but couldn't find a way to pull the trigger. She's a nice filly and will probably get the Eclipse (especially if she runs in CA and wins again), but I don't think she's anything special at this stage. I'm not even sure she's the best 2yo filly.

Stillriledup
11-23-2014, 06:52 PM

Me being me is what makes this board as good as it is, so why not just chill out and try harder to avoid personal shots and trying to start flame wars. I'll let it go this time, i'm not even sure who you are, you have a few thousand posts but id be pretty hard pressed to remember anything you said over the years that stuck with me.

All i got from Mr big was some disagreeing with what i posted, he never offered an opinion on how good this horse was, quoted something about the Breeders Cup, so what am i supposed to think, i'm saying the horse is slow and he's telling me i'm wrong, so maybe he thinks the horse is fast or great, but he avoided going out on a limb and offering a real opinion, and when that happens, sometimes people can get confused as to where you stand.

If she's not great or fast, than say what she is. I said she's slow and he said no, so assuming that he thinks she's either great or fast is the next logical step.