PDA

View Full Version : Cant run certain software

upthecreek
11-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Like TIPS and the new even finish software i get (see attached) I guess i need MS office installed or can i use libre or open office? Thnx

Red Knave
11-20-2014, 12:09 PM
I'm not sure why the program is looking for that table (scratches.mdb) in the Windows directory. Nothing like that should ever be installed there.
I'm guessing this is a new program install? I would re-install it to the Program Files directory or, even better, somewhere that is not protected by the OS.

upthecreek
11-20-2014, 12:53 PM
I'm not sure why the program is looking for that table (scratches.mdb) in the Windows directory. Nothing like that should ever be installed there.
I'm guessing this is a new program install? I would re-install it to the Program Files directory or, even better, somewhere that is not protected by the OS.

I made a folder on "c" drive and extracted there from the zip download I just click on a .exe file and it loads When I try to load a .drf file is when I get the error and on most RPM programs there are "S" buttons to scratch a horse-they don't appear

DJofSD
11-20-2014, 12:54 PM
Like TIPS and the new even finish software i get (see attached) I guess i need MS office installed or can i use libre or open office? Thnx
What is TIPS?

Why do you believe you need MS Office?

In the image of the error message, there is a subdirectory beneath Windows, dld, what application created that folder, TIPS?

What version of Windows are you using, 8?

upthecreek
11-20-2014, 01:46 PM
I figured it out it creates a folder dld on c drive\windows and that's where the scratch file and tips glossary file needs to be located
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!