PDA

View Full Version : Honest John's

_______
11-19-2014, 07:06 PM
That's the name of the auto mechanic shop down the block from where I live.

I have never taken my car there. My life theory is that needing to advertise an attribute has a negative correlation to the attribute advertised.

If the guy had just named his shop "Dirty John's" or simply "John's", I might have taken my car there.

He's been in business for over 20 years so I have to assume I've either been wrong or repeat business is overrated. Does anyone else feel this way?

Just to be clear, you don't have to agree with me. I am definetly not a crazy person that will hunt you down. For sure. You can relax.

PhantomOnTour
11-19-2014, 07:09 PM
A longtime friend of mine who's a mechanic has this posted on his little message board:
IT'S HARD TO BE AN HONEST MECHANIC WHEN NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR THE TRUTH

I love the "wisdom" posted on these signs, esp churches.

_______
11-19-2014, 07:30 PM
A longtime friend of mine who's a mechanic has this posted on his little message board:
IT'S HARD TO BE AN HONEST MECHANIC WHEN NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR THE TRUTH

I love the "wisdom" posted on these signs, esp churches.

The problem is that every dishonest mechanic doesn't want you to hear the truth either.

badcompany
11-19-2014, 07:42 PM
My guess is that he's aware of the bad rap mechanics have, and he's overcompensating, "I'm not one of those guys."

That he's been around so long is definitely a positive. You can only screw people for so long before word gets around, especially nowadays with the internet.

therussmeister
11-19-2014, 07:56 PM
That's the name of the auto mechanic shop down the block from where I live.

I have never taken my car there. My life theory is that needing to advertise an attribute has a negative correlation to the attribute advertised.

If the guy had just named his shop "Dirty John's" or simply "John's", I might have taken my car there.

He's been in business for over 20 years so I have to assume I've either been wrong or repeat business is overrated. Does anyone else feel this way?

Just to be clear, you don't have to agree with me. I am definetly not a crazy person that will hunt you down. For sure. You can relax.
If I was the type of person that thought a person named 'Honest John' was dishonest, I would also believe that someone who said 'I am not a crazy person' is a crazy person

_______
11-19-2014, 08:01 PM
If I was the type of person that thought a person named 'Honest John' was dishonest, I would also believe that someone who said 'I am not a crazy person' is a crazy person

Great. Now I have to hunt you down.