davew
11-18-2014, 10:13 PM
over 80% of continental US
over 200 million people in US

all exposed to freezing weather today

I can only imagine how cold it would have been without global warming :eek:

tucker6
11-19-2014, 05:19 AM
All 50 (or as Obama likes to say, 57) states had locations below freezing yesterday and likely today. These are the earliest dates known where this has happened. I too am glad that global warming is saving us.

cj's dad
11-19-2014, 05:36 AM
I predict that it will not be long before H;cap or Mostie will be along to explain to you guys that you are idiots and do not understand GW and if lucky there posts will be accompanied by charts and graphs.

fast4522
11-19-2014, 06:16 AM
Now your summoning the shovel ready high priest's, stop that. :bang:

Spiderman
11-19-2014, 06:20 AM
"Global Warming" is part of the condition. The term for the condition of severe weather disruption is Climate Change. Get with the program, righties.

tucker6
11-19-2014, 06:30 AM
"Global Warming" is part of the condition. The term for the condition of severe weather disruption is Climate Change. Get with the program, righties.
you forgot the sarcasm emoticon. It's hard to tell without it.

Spiderman
11-19-2014, 06:52 AM
Excuse me, sorry to interfere with your circle-jerk.

tucker6
11-19-2014, 06:56 AM
Excuse me, sorry to interfere with your circle-jerk.
sorry that we oppose your desire for wealth redistribution. That's really all this scam is. You know it. We know it. Just be truthful about it.

badcompany
11-19-2014, 07:03 AM
Cold is the new hot :ThmbUp:

Spiderman
11-19-2014, 07:32 AM
sorry that we oppose your desire for wealth redistribution. That's really all this scam is. You know it. We know it. Just be truthful about it.
My interest is to save the planet for eons. Renewable energy sources will stem the tide of adverse climate conditions.

On wealth redistribution: coal miners need income relief; coal mine owners do not. Big Oil is denying climate change to protect its wealth. There must be a way for improving climate conditions while a balance can be achieved.

tucker6
11-19-2014, 07:37 AM
My interest is to save the planet for eons. Renewable energy sources will stem the tide of adverse climate conditions.

On wealth redistribution: coal miners need income relief; coal mine owners do not. Big Oil is denying climate change to protect its wealth. There must be a way for improving climate conditions while a balance can be achieved.
then you support nuclear energy?

Tom
11-19-2014, 07:41 AM
And Solyndra? :lol:

Spiderman
11-19-2014, 07:49 AM
then you support nuclear energy?

CLEAN nuclear energy, yes.

tucker6
11-19-2014, 07:51 AM
CLEAN nuclear energy, yes.
Can you define "clean"?

Spiderman
11-19-2014, 07:51 AM
And Solyndra? :lol:

While you jest, the Chinese have taken over the solar panel industry. All business ventures do not succeed.

tucker6
11-19-2014, 07:53 AM
While you jest, the Chinese have taken over the solar panel industry. All business ventures do not succeed.
until they make better containment devices, solar energy will never cut the mustard. The chinese are fools.

Spiderman
11-19-2014, 07:56 AM
Can you define "clean"?

Easy. Without causing pollution, nuclear spill into the land or air.

tucker6
11-19-2014, 07:58 AM
Easy. Without causing pollution, nuclear spill into the land or air.
Under your definition then, you don't support wind power.

Spiderman
11-19-2014, 08:02 AM
Under your definition then, you don't support wind power.
Tucker, silly inference on your part. Wind, sun and nuclear are all renewable energy resources.

Keep it up and you will be be on my honored Ignore list.

Robert Goren
11-19-2014, 08:08 AM
The climate change deniers always have the same message. " Nothing ever happens for a reason and whatever happens is just part of one big cycle".

tucker6
11-19-2014, 08:11 AM
Tucker, silly inference on your part. Wind, sun and nuclear are all renewable energy resources.

Wow, that's great to hear. Truth be told, I'm getting a chuckle out of your contortions of how the world works, so this is just my play time. Please don't ruin it for me by banning me from your life. :rolleyes:

I ask about wind power because you said, "Without causing pollution, nuclear spill into the land or air". You said that as the definition of clean. Wind power as you know is VERY dirty to the environment. To the ground. To the air. To wildlife. You can't possibly deny that. Wake up man.

Spiderman
11-19-2014, 08:14 AM
Wow, that's great to hear. Truth be told, I'm getting a chuckle out of your contortions of how the world works, so this is just my play time. Please don't ruin it for me by banning me from your life. :rolleyes:

I ask about wind power because you said, "Without causing pollution, nuclear spill into the land or air". You said that as the definition of clean. Wind power as you know is VERY dirty to the environment. To the ground. To the air. To wildlife. You can't possibly deny that. Wake up man.

Wind, dirty to the environment? Please cite statements of proof.

Glad to see that you have a modicum of concern for wildlife.

tucker6
11-19-2014, 08:15 AM
The climate change deniers always have the same message. " Nothing ever happens for a reason and whatever happens is just part of one big cycle".
You deny the truth of the quoted part? The Earth has many harmonic systems that swing back and forth, and have done so for eons. It's called negative feedback. Educate yourself on the science, and not just believe people because they support your political persuasion. There is little real science behind the global warming meme.

tucker6
11-19-2014, 08:20 AM
Wind, dirty to the environment? Please site statements of proof.

Glad to see that you have a modicum of concern for wildlife.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2009/05/clean-energys-dirty-little-secret/307377/

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/big-winds-dirty-little-secret-toxic-lakes-and-radioactive-waste

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1350811/In-China-true-cost-Britains-clean-green-wind-power-experiment-Pollution-disastrous-scale.html

I doubt you are more concerned with wildlife than me, and that's without even knowing you. You come across as a typical talker and not a walker.

Robert Goren
11-19-2014, 08:31 AM
You deny the truth of the quoted part? The Earth has many harmonic systems that swing back and forth, and have done so for eons. It's called negative feedback. Educate yourself on the science, and not just believe people because they support your political persuasion. There is little real science behind the global warming meme. It is not about global warming anymore , but it is about climate change and what does and does not effect it. Who would have thought a few years ago that the change of few degrees in ocean off Chile would effect the climate in northern part of the US? The best argument you have is that we are not sure yet what effects what. When you start denying nothing mankind does effects climate, you look silly.

hcap
11-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Another stupid "winter in the US proves there is no such thing as global warming" thread? It is spelled G-L-O-B-A-L

http://wane.com/2014/10/20/another-month-another-global-heat-record-broken/

Another month, another global heat record broken
October 20, 2014, 2:00 pm

WASHINGTON (AP) — It sounds like a broken record: Last month again set a new mark for global heat. And meteorologists say Earth is now on pace to tie the hottest year ever recorded, or more likely, to break it.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration announced Monday that last month the globe averaged 60.3 degrees Fahrenheit (15.72 degrees Celsius). That was the hottest September in 135 years of record keeping.

It was the fourth monthly record set this year, along with May, June and August.

NASA, which measures temperatures slightly differently, had already determined that September was record-warm.

The first nine months of 2014 have a global average temperature of 58.72 degrees (14.78 degrees Celsius), tying with 1998 for the warmest first nine months on record, according to NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C.

“It’s pretty likely” that 2014 will break the record for hottest year, said NOAA climate scientist Jessica Blunden.

The reason involves El Nino, a warming of the tropical Pacific Ocean that affects weather worldwide. In 1998, the year started off super-hot because of an El Nino. But then that El Nino disappeared and temperatures moderated slightly toward the end of the year.

tucker6
11-19-2014, 08:35 AM
Another stupid "winter in the US proves there is no such thing as global warming" thread? It is spelled G-L-O-B-A-L

http://wane.com/2014/10/20/another-month-another-global-heat-record-broken/

Another month, another global heat record broken
October 20, 2014, 2:00 pm

WASHINGTON (AP) — It sounds like a broken record: Last month again set a new mark for global heat. And meteorologists say Earth is now on pace to tie the hottest year ever recorded, or more likely, to break it.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration announced Monday that last month the globe averaged 60.3 degrees Fahrenheit (15.72 degrees Celsius). That was the hottest September in 135 years of record keeping.

It was the fourth monthly record set this year, along with May, June and August.

NASA, which measures temperatures slightly differently, had already determined that September was record-warm.

The first nine months of 2014 have a global average temperature of 58.72 degrees (14.78 degrees Celsius), tying with 1998 for the warmest first nine months on record, according to NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C.

“It’s pretty likely” that 2014 will break the record for hottest year, said NOAA climate scientist Jessica Blunden.

The reason involves El Nino, a warming of the tropical Pacific Ocean that affects weather worldwide. In 1998, the year started off super-hot because of an El Nino. But then that El Nino disappeared and temperatures moderated slightly toward the end of the year.
Keep believin' Cappy.

Spiderman
11-19-2014, 08:38 AM
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2009/05/clean-energys-dirty-little-secret/307377/

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/big-winds-dirty-little-secret-toxic-lakes-and-radioactive-waste

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1350811/In-China-true-cost-Britains-clean-green-wind-power-experiment-Pollution-disastrous-scale.html

I doubt you are more concerned with wildlife than me, and that's without even knowing you. You come across as a typical talker and not a walker.
Its a learning curve. Safeguards for the mining of rare earth minerals are being addressed and instituted. The mining occurs on land far removed from populated areas and toxic water streams.

tucker6
11-19-2014, 08:40 AM
It is not about global warming anymore , but it is about climate change and what does and does not effect it. Who would have thought a few years ago that the change of few degrees in ocean off Chile would effect the climate in northern part of the US? The best argument you have is that we are not sure yet what effects what. When you start denying nothing mankind does effects climate, you look silly.
Don't you mean global climate disruption? Everyone who is into weather and climate has known about el ninos and la ninas since the 70's. But I bet you didn't know that the prevalence of ninos and ninas changes over time in cycles related to oscillations that take 60 years to complete. Some climate cycles take hundreds of years to complete, while others only a couple years. If I asked everyone on this planet today what exact effect clouds have on our world, no one could answer it, because the exact effects still remain elusive. Yet your side has deemed that the science is settled, and that the models are correct. :rolleyes:

tucker6
11-19-2014, 08:41 AM
Its a learning curve. Safeguards for the mining of rare earth minerals are being addressed and instituted. The mining occurs on land far removed from populated areas and toxic water streams.
Ah, it's a learning curve. Tell that to all the dead birds and dying chinese.

Tom
11-19-2014, 08:42 AM

Get real. It was known upfront that Soyldra was a loser, but it was a POLITICAL payoff, which if about ALL that is going on in DC as far as alternative energy is concerned. There is NO viable substitute for coal, oil, gas and nuclaer at this time, and there will not be for many years to come. Fact of life.

So of course I jest...the clowns are dancing.

Robert Goren
11-19-2014, 08:58 AM
Get real. It was known upfront that Soyldra was a loser, but it was a POLITICAL payoff, which if about ALL that is going on in DC as far as alternative energy is concerned. There is NO viable substitute for coal, oil, gas and nuclaer at this time, and there will not be for many years to come. Fact of life.

So of course I jest...the clowns are dancing.That is why the price of crude off 25%? Demand for crude is falling because slowly, but surely, it is being replaced. That is a good thing. The sooner the world does not have to deal with Arabs, the better off everybody will be.

delayjf
11-19-2014, 09:05 AM
No its not, it due to an increase in oil supply that will only continue to increase as the US develops its shale oil resources.

ArlJim78
11-19-2014, 09:08 AM
That is why the price of crude off 25%? Demand for crude is falling because slowly, but surely, it is being replaced. That is a good thing. The sooner the world does not have to deal with Arabs, the better off everybody will be.
No the price is off due to a sluggish worldwide economy and the fact that the US is producing a record amount of oil. Far from being replaced, worldwide consumption of oil continues to grow year after year.

tucker6
11-19-2014, 09:11 AM
That is why the price of crude off 25%? Demand for crude is falling because slowly, but surely, it is being replaced. That is a good thing. The sooner the world does not have to deal with Arabs, the better off everybody will be.
It is falling because it is being replaced by shale production, not renewable energies. We only get 26% of our oil from the Arabs, but agree with your sentiment.

Tom
11-19-2014, 09:37 AM

so what do you think, we'll have replaced all those cars and trucks that run on gas by the end of the year?

We will be dependent on crude for decades at least.
NO electric cars are going to replace gas anytime soon.
This is not a technology thing, it is a financial thing.

davew
11-19-2014, 11:00 AM
I have not found any research that shows mans cause of sunspots.

Tom
11-19-2014, 11:07 AM
It's all that sun screen we use - reflecting the sun's rays back at it, causing problems.

HUSKER55
11-19-2014, 11:08 AM
ok hcap,

how much are you willing to pay in unavoidable taxes for your climate saving plan?

$100 a month
$2000 a year

how much would you be willing to pony-up?

boxcar
11-19-2014, 11:19 AM
Cold is the new hot :ThmbUp:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would that mean that righties don't know which end is up or down? That cold is hot; hot is cold and there is no such thing as merely warm? :eek: :eek:

boxcar
11-19-2014, 11:22 AM
. The sooner the world does not have to deal with Arabs, the better off everybody will be.

Wow! That almost sounds like a a racist remark. :eek: :eek:

davew
11-19-2014, 11:31 AM
Wow! That almost sounds like a a racist remark. :eek: :eek:

Maybe he is islamophobic?

johnhannibalsmith
11-19-2014, 11:34 AM

:rolleyes:

Doesn't take much, I see. One of the only guys who does a pretty solid job of taking the opposite position and supporting it challenges the corporate line and that warrants plugging your ears and closing your eyes to that person entirely. And people bitch about Congress being unable to get anything done.

OntheRail
11-19-2014, 11:43 AM

And yet Harry's Democratic Senate... poo poo'd Keystone.

Wow! That almost sounds like a a racist remark.

Can't be... don't you know... your the racist by thinking it could be perceived as such. Dem's love all non white more then self. In the same fashion that Rev. Sharpton is a man of peace and civility. :rolleyes:

Tom
11-19-2014, 11:45 AM

Of course the climate is changing.
It always changes. Climate is dynamic, not static.

The continents move around, too, you know.
Should we be be building bumpers along the shore lines?

All the more reason to move inland.

tucker6
11-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Of course the climate is changing.
It always changes. Climate is dynamic, not static.

The continents move around, too, you know.
Should we be be building bumpers along the shore lines?

All the more reason to move inland.
An appropriate bumper sticker ...

http://nextnature.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/stop_continental_drift_530.jpg

Stop continental drift

Is it a cynical gesture to glue a ‘Stop Continental Drift’ bumper sticker on your gasoline addicted car? Absolutely. Yet indirectly it also criticizes the romantic environmentalist longing to perceive nature as static: something that must not change – although environmentalists typically perceive themselves as progressives, such a static concept of nature is undoubtedly a conservative longing.

Perhaps the bumper sticker teaches us that, rather than merely trying to stop all changes that are taking place, we should spend more time on developing a more flexible attitude towards the changes in our environment. After all, continents drift, climates alter and change happens.

tucker6
11-19-2014, 12:05 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Society for the Prevention of Plate Tectonics

A.k.a. SoPrePlaTec, and pronounced "soapy platex", is dedicated to the prevention of plate movements on planets. We attempt to use technology or any other useful means to prevent continental drift and the associated disastrous earthquakes and volcanoes.

Our fearless and dedicated troops will travel anywhere to accomplish the goal of a stable planet where any movement of the earth is strictly caused by your own excesses. Below are extracts from the Society logbook, charting our member activities.

April 18, 1998 -- Making precise measurements, taking over government equipment.
April 25, 1998 -- We experience a small earthquake.
May 1, 1998 -- Measuring gravitation disturbances, installing plate screws.
May 16, 1998 -- Examining how animals detect earthquakes.
May 23, 1998 -- Creating lava diversion ditches.
June 21, 1998 -- Creating sensors for the field.
February 13, 1998 -- Preparing the training camp, inspecting mud flows.
March 6, 1999 -- Rare geological feature - the confluence of three plates.
June 30, 1999 -- Studying the possibility of meteor impact causes of earthquakes.
March 18, 2000 -- One of our funded projects, involving reduction in fault stress through gaseous pressure release.
May 30, 2000 -- Our other currently funded project, involving reduction of fault stress through vibratory release of shear stress in the fracture zone.
We also have begun getting reports from some of our affiliates Societies. Here are two that have been recently declassified:

--------

From "Mike B", sometime in 2000.

Years ago, as a petroleum geologist responsible for drilling a record number of dry holes in the search for oil and gas, I was inducted into an elite society. The "Society for the Prevention of Continental Drift" awarded me a medal for drilling a large number of holes deep into the earth and filling them with cement, thus, we hoped, helping to pin down the continent of North America and keep it from drifting too far from England.

I like to feel I have been at least partly responsible for the small number of earthquakes experienced in the mid-continent area, and for the security we have all felt knowing that that part of the world is more tightly nailed down. It was a pleasure to see that we have a sister organization, although I'm not sure from your web site exactly to what extremes you have gone to keep California from becoming a suburb of Anchorage. If you need any help, please let me know. I have continued my journey from my original home in Western Canada; filling boreholes to deeper depths, with better technology cement across Wyoming and now Texas. Soon, I am to be relocated to West Africa, where I'm told, there are far too many places where plates are still allowed to wander at will.

Also, I must ask you to keep any knowledge of SPCD confidential. The world at large believes that oil companies are searching for gasoline for their Suburbans and Kawasakis, and for CO2 to keep the atmosphere warm. We use that as a cover, to prevent the widespread panic that would ensue if it were commonly known that their very foundations were not foundations at all, merely thin pieces of onionskin adrift on pools of molten lava.

--------

And a portion of another declassified document from "Mike B."

...I regret to inform you however, my last effort at helping to prevent the slide of most of south Texas into the Gulf of Mexico was a dismal failure. We drilled to 12000 feet, spent over $1 million, and were unable to fill the hole with cement due to a conflict with my engineering partner.

Because we discovered a natural gas reservoir and he thinks (erroneously as you know, but he's not "one of us") that we are here to find that stuff and put it into people's homes for heat and cooking, he forced me to agree to just put a string of steel pipe down there and produce the well. Steel pipe is only a temporary solution, and will bend as the plates try to move. In fact, we even weaken if further by blasting holes in it to produce the gas! The hole is still open, so if we're not careful, Goliad county, south of San Antonio, could move another few inches toward the Gulf without me being able to do a thing about it.

There is still hope. I'm going to drill another well a half mile away, and go even deeper. Those 'shooting ducks in a barrel' wells are always successful at finding no gas, so I'm confident I'll be able to report another PPP (Plate Pinning Point) before the end of the year.

The Gulf Coast, as you may be aware, is a tremendous challenge for us SPCD members. It is a very active faulting area, with continued motion of sliding, slumping and rotating blocks, all trying to dump most of Texas and Louisiana into the Cayman Trench. Now, many people would not consider that to be a particularly disturbing problem, but as you also know, these geological processes take a long time. The residents of these two states would have ample warning time to move to higher ground, and we have received indications from Colorado, Oklahoma and even Arkansas that they would not be welcome there.

I'll keep you posted of further developments.

http://www.wimble.org/SoPrePlaTec/preventionhome.html

ArlJim78
11-19-2014, 12:11 PM
That will be the next big thing, man-caused continental drift. If you don't agree you'll be considered a drift-denier. I can see Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer arguing that we must do something before continents start colliding, or tipping over in the case of Hank Johnson.

tucker6
11-19-2014, 12:16 PM
That will be the next big thing, man-caused continental drift. If you don't agree you'll be considered a drift-denier. I can see Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer arguing that we must do something before continents start colliding, or tipping over in the case of Hank Johnson.
Satirically written, but sadly true of the global warming crowd:

Representatives from all continents will converge on the last geologically stable point on earth, the Island of Oahu, later this month for the "First International Conference on Anthropogenic Continental Drift." Organizers stress that the location, despite being part of the United States, was chosen solely due to its geological stability and that the venue has nothing to do with climate, accommodations, or the availability of private jet hanger space.

"We are here to decide the fate of the planet," said Brinker. "After a tough day of negotiations, it is essential that delegates have a stable beach to stroll, a cocktail lounge that isn't bouncing around due to continental whiplash, and ladies of negotiable affection whose balance has not been affected by sudden surges of continental acceleration. Without these, we might make some crazy decisions."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

classhandicapper
11-19-2014, 12:54 PM
I'm starting to think 9 out of 10 scientists and meteorologists are on the payroll or wildly incompetent. I may have to go rogue, buy a few SUVs, and run them all night like those aliens in Charlie Sheen's "Arrival" just to warm things up.