View Full Version : Driver stiffs one gets mini holiday

The Inside Scoop
11-18-2014, 01:49 AM
FILION,SYLVAIN R
ORC - DID DRIVE THE HORSE IN A INCONSISTENT MANNER
Commission Rule Number : 22.11
Date Issued : 15-NOV-2014
Total Due : 500.00
Violation Occurred : Race 3 at WOODBINE RACETRACK on 10-NOV-2014 horse VANCE BAYAMA
Suspended From 23-NOV-2014 To 25-NOV-2014 (Driving Suspension)

Its ok to bury one, stiff the public, when you were 5 lengths the best. Here, take 2 days off and we will grab a nights pay from you. Its too bad the Woodbine judges missed the other 5467677895478978890890 drives like that over the last 30 years. Great way for WEG to send a message on integrity, what a fn joke.

Anyone ever wonder what happened to Quebec racing and why they went out of business? Look no further then the Filion clan. They were a huge part of Quebec going under with all the games that were played.

Watch for yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwlN2NGxj9A

EMD4ME
11-18-2014, 02:20 AM
I don't bet harness but that was a F'N joke. The quintessential stiff job.

Sea Biscuit
11-18-2014, 04:07 AM
Here we go again with the innuendos and conjectures again. The Filion family is somehow responsible for what happened in Quebec. I can only laugh:lol:

I have seen the video tape race replay a few times now. If you look closely you will find that when Saftic, aboard #7 just behind Filion's horse VB, saw #6 coming on the outside he pulled his horse early, quickly and fast that he (Saftic) pinned VB on the rail for the rest of the way.

The horse was coming into this race with two wins off two tough trips. The horse is owned by the Filion family owned barn Bayama farms and if you think Filion hates money coming to him, then I have a small bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. The only way you can win money at a track by stiffing your horse is to bet against your own horse. Most unlikely in Sylvain's case as he makes good money at WEG closing in on 5 million in purse earnings.

The judges reacted because from what I hear they got a lot of calls from irate gamblers who bet the horse down to 15 cents on the dollar. The $500 fine and the 2 day suspension was probably to pacify these callers.

Sylvain Filion is Canada's Driver of the year for 2013 and you don't get to that position by stiffing horses.

One mistake, if you can call that a mistake, by this champion driver and guys like Scoop want to burn him at stake. Only a fool would think like that.

Enuff said.

http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/4-27-14/ask-me-anything-sylvain-filion.html

JustRalph
11-18-2014, 05:02 AM
Gotta admit , he was blocked from the half on.........

The best thing about that video was the resolution....damn that looked good

EMD4ME
11-18-2014, 08:30 AM
He never should've been in a position to be buried. You pull as soon as they hit the end of the first turn or early backstretch.

Those are the same excuses we heard Herve throw out back in the 80's.

Looks bad no matter how you look at it.

DeltaLover
11-18-2014, 08:38 AM
The only way you can win money at a track by stiffing your horse is to bet against your own horse.

Not always

zico20
11-18-2014, 09:13 AM
That was a dump job, no question. But it does seem like the other drivers were all in on it as well. It was all planned to box him in the entire race. Pathetic.

Sea Biscuit
11-18-2014, 09:20 AM
Not always

I'm all ears.

camourous
11-18-2014, 09:23 AM
Whats great about it is he gets a extremely lenient 3 day suspension and Woodbine only runs one of those days.

Sea Biscuit
11-18-2014, 10:51 AM
Whats great about it is he gets a extremely lenient 3 day suspension and Woodbine only runs one of those days.

WEG drivers have been known to travel to other tracks in Ontario.

Sea Biscuit
11-18-2014, 10:55 AM
He never should've been in a position to be buried. You pull as soon as they hit the end of the first turn or early backstretch.

EMD4ME: Have you ever sat behind a harness horse?

Stop trying to teach a champion driver how to drive.

outofthebox
11-18-2014, 11:39 AM
It wasn't a stiff job..Just a passive drive and he got caught napping down the backside. Maybe he was looking for a second over trip after two tough races. But he made no effort to flush out the 3 hole and that's the only thing i was upset about. He was actually trying to find a spot inside the 1/16th and eventually found a spot to late. I don't think the WEG should fine drivers for poor decisions.

LottaKash
11-18-2014, 12:16 PM
NW of 2 races liftetime...says it all for me...

I rarely play em anymore...

Of course it eliminates many races these days, "especially the WEG circuit", where those are all you ever see anymore,but I don't mind, and that is because of all of the money that I have saved by not playing this type of race any longer, these past few years...

It always cracks me up when certain bettors won't play a "SWEET LOU"-"best of the best type" at 3/5, but will play a nw2lt at 1/9...like they were machines.. :D

As for my opinion of the race, it could be or couldn't be a boat race, but all I saw was a horserace that ran like a typical NW2 race, and the favorite, for whatever the reason, didn't get his trip, which is usually a big burst of speed to the outside as they get near to the half, and in this race he had trouble keeping up (nearing the half) even tho he was being urged to do so, sitting 4th on the rail trying to keep a double hole closed (a new early position for this horse), and he got loose very late and finished with flourish after it was too late...That is all I saw..

Plus, they do try to give young horses an easier race from time to time, and that is one of the reasons why, for the most part, I have all but abandoned NW, 1, 2, 3 races...(Not all tho)...I hardly look at them any longer, and even then only when I have plenty of time and nothing else to do...They have always been a confusing and unreliable bunch for me....My records show that is not where my best handicapping talents lie, never did....

If anyone does well with that type in the long run, " I Salute You"... :ThmbUp:

The Inside Scoop
11-18-2014, 12:25 PM
The Filion clan has long been known as a huge reason that Montreal racing ceased. I have watched both Yves and Sylvain set many a horse up in Blue Bonnets back in the day. Yves just had a positive test a year or 2 ago and Filions buddy Moreau has a class 1 positive for Aminorex from Sept 2013 that still has not been dealt with. Scum is scum no matter which way you look at it. Always has been and always will be. The worse day in Ontario racing is when Quebec racing closed and they all came to Ontario. You only need to look at the list of those who have been in a lot of trouble to see where they used to race. From Giroux, to Gendron, to Johnson, to Baillaergeon, to Zeron, past and recent history tell the real truth and anybody who tells you different doesn't have a fn clue.

titans1127
11-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Definitely as bonehead of a drive as it gets. Should have been at least a 10 day suspension. When he didn't pull in front of the 7 on the backstretch he interfered with him and the 1 horse behind him who was looking to skim the pylons and close what would have been a hole.

Keep in mind in the stretch when trying to get out he kept steering the horse into every possible opening that didn't exist.

I think I read on another forum that Filion drove the horse the same way the week before as well. Not surprised that bettors were outraged after he did it again.

The Inside Scoop
11-18-2014, 02:07 PM
To prove my point in regards to the Filion clan, Yves Filion once moved out of the way for Herve Filion when they were an entry at Yonkers and got 15 days. Facts do not lie, ever!!

http://www.albanylaw.edu/glc/publications/glo/Documents/Placing%20Uncoupled%20Entries%20after%20DQs.pdf

mrroyboy
11-18-2014, 02:44 PM
I don't really think drivers "Stiff" races often. My objection is the stupid mistakes they make. They are supposed to be pros. They need to act like it.
But again if you are serious about making money you can't let these things get to you. Got to accept them and move on.
I am saying that for myself as well as anyone else

The Inside Scoop
11-18-2014, 03:12 PM
I don't really think drivers "Stiff" races often. My objection is the stupid mistakes they make. They are supposed to be pros. They need to act like it.
But again if you are serious about making money you can't let these things get to you. Got to accept them and move on.
I am saying that for myself as well as anyone else

I never bet a dime on the drive in question and only watched the replay after someone posted about it, so my comments have nothing to do with "sour grapes". They have to do with the many years I have watched racing both in Quebec and in Ontario. I have witnessed 100's of drives like this and many from Filion when he was in Montreal. Yves Filion was twice as bad so it doesnt fall far from the tree. It was a well known angle when Filion brought a young horse, usually a maiden to Toronto after setting it up with less than stellar lines in Montreal or Rideau, you could fire away on them. They always dropped seconds and always took money like they were a good thing and usually won.

To be quite honest with you I rarely play Woodbine unless I have a very strong opinion on something. The driving colony with the likes of Davis Jr., A Macdonald firing out everything they sit on no matter if they fit or not, make it impossible to try and trip handicap anymore. I would venture to think that any good handicapper always tries to figure out how a race will line up and what type of fractions the front end horses may get but in this day and age at Woodbine you can throw that angle out the door.

Woodbine, back in the day was a track that all you had to do was line them up and you were pretty much golden as the speed dominated. Those days are long gone.

badcompany
11-18-2014, 03:52 PM

So, sitting forth on the rail, with a prohibitive favorite, and getting blind switched by a longshot directly behind you is a "Champion" level drive?

Either it was a horrible drive or he deliberately stiffed the horse.

The Inside Scoop
11-18-2014, 05:21 PM
So, sitting forth on the rail, with a prohibitive favorite, and getting blind switched by a longshot directly behind you is a "Champion" level drive?

Either it was a horrible drive or he deliberately stiffed the horse.

Knowing the connections it was the latter as they have done it many times. The laughable part is the penalty as it adheres to the status quo of a wrist slap. What they are telling the gamblers is we don't care about you nor the integrity of our sport, we just pretend we do, hence the joke of a fine and 1 card of driving suspension.

EMD4ME
11-18-2014, 05:35 PM

I don't need to sit behind a harness horse to see and know his drive was A) a complete stiff job or B) asinine at best.

I have ridden thoroughbreds before. But that is irrelevant.

Let me ask you this. If that was a million dollar purse and in the owner's minds, they were 1/9 to snatch it, would they be happy with his drive?

EMD4ME
11-18-2014, 05:37 PM
This is why I don't bet harness. It's more often like the WWE. Your betting on a scripted result. In the 80's I saw way too many fixed races at Roosevelt and Yonkers and said not for me.

Does it happen in the thoroughbred world? Absolutely. But not as often as in the Harness universe.

Robert Fischer
11-18-2014, 05:44 PM
I don't know very much about harness racing.

I don't know enough to tell if that was a fairly well-hidden stiff job, or a terrible drive.

I was able to see that he drove the horse like he was 50-1 rather than 1-5.

badcompany
11-18-2014, 06:12 PM

I don't know enough to tell if that was a fairly well-hidden stiff job, or a terrible drive.

You never really know for sure, but, his only plausible explanation for that drive is that he fell asleep for a minute and before he knew it, he was boxed in.

He can't say that his strategy was to sit forth on the rail, or that he deliberately got boxed in.

Sea Biscuit
11-23-2014, 04:57 PM

Vance Bayama was next entered to race on Nov 22 race 11

Well Vance Bayama didn't win his next start either. He went to the top and died in the stretch. Oh Yes he tried this time out. This was his PP line

10 Vance Bayama 10 1@/H 1/2 1/1T 1/H 6/6 1:55 30.1 S Filion 2.20

I know for sure that Scoop (just guessing) wouldv'e come up with a big bet on VB had he won.

The naysayers in this thread who denounced Filion for his drive are awfully quiet. Not even a peep from them.

mrroyboy
11-23-2014, 06:13 PM
He tried for the lead from a bad post and didn't have much left in the stretch. No arguments from me.

Sea Biscuit
11-23-2014, 09:46 PM
He tried for the lead from a bad post and didn't have much left in the stretch. No arguments from me.

Sometimes a horse goes off form after a couple of hard drives.

Filion prolly knew that and thats why he didn't pull first over in the questionable drive.

Off form or not I guess you have to pull to show to the crowds that you are trying specially when you are 1/9.

Even though VB is not know for his leaving skills, still Filion took him to the top. I guess he learned his lesson.:D

LottaKash
11-23-2014, 10:01 PM
Sometimes a horse goes off form after a couple of hard drives.

Filion prolly knew that and thats why he didn't pull first over in the questionable drive.

Off form or not I guess you have to pull to show to the crowds that you are trying specially when you are 1/9.

Even though VB is not know for his leaving skills, still Filion took him to the top. I guess he learned his lesson.:D

As I said, it is the nature of the beast of "NW's of 2lt"....

I just don't take them as seriously as I once did when I didn't know any better...As, even when I thought I knew for so many years, in the long run of things, I didn't, and still don't know, and that is why for the most part, I avoid these types...

There are too numerous of reasons to list in this short a space, imo....

Young and learning horses are a strange bunch, and they will let you down probably more than they will lift you up at 1/9 or 2/1...Imo, they are just not worth it....Nothing to win here..

The Inside Scoop
11-23-2014, 10:51 PM
It has been brought to my attention that Sea Biscuit has made comments directed towards me. He has been blocked for the past few months so I cannot read his posts and he shall remain blocked for good.

Furthermore someone has sent me comments he has made on other trash sites and they are very disturbing. To all the decent posters here, judge for yourself after reading below.

Have a look at a few of his posts at a trash site. All are from a poster named Sea Biscuit which I assume is the same guy who caused trouble at another site which I posted about in an earlier thread. It seems like he lives to try and provoke people into trash talk and will stoop to any level as he has even posted a picture of some guy and that folks is a pretty sad indication that he is in need of some help. This will be my last post regarding him. Once again I only post facts.

The posts below were all posted by Sea Biscuit.

A PICTURE OF A PIECE OF SHIT
(http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n533/peter1355/Dreambitch_zps7d0a93a8.jpg)

"BONDO SHOULD CHANGE HIS NAME TO BOZO"

"HOPE YOUR DADDY CASHED TOO. BIG ****ING DEAL"

"NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU SAID YOU DID. AT LEAST YOU CANT HURT YOUR ELBOW BY MIND BETTING AND PATTING YOURSELF ON THE BACK. WE KNOW YOUR POCKET ISNT EMPTY, YOUR HAND IS IN THERE JAGGING YOURSELF OFF." http://www.horseplop.com/Smileys/smileys1/aol_whackit.gif

Sea Biscuit
11-23-2014, 11:51 PM
It has been brought to my attention that Sea Biscuit has made comments directed towards me. He has been blocked for the past few months so I cannot read his posts and he shall remain blocked for good.

Furthermore someone has sent me comments he has made on other trash sites and they are very disturbing. To all the decent posters here, judge for yourself after reading below.

Have a look at a few of his posts at a trash site. All are from a poster named Sea Biscuit which I assume is the same guy who caused trouble at another site which I posted about in an earlier thread. It seems like he lives to try and provoke people into trash talk and will stoop to any level as he has even posted a picture of some guy and that folks is a pretty sad indication that he is in need of some help. This will be my last post regarding him. Once again I only post facts.

The posts below were all posted by Sea Biscuit.

"BONDO SHOULD CHANGE HIS NAME TO BOZO"

"HOPE YOUR DADDY CASHED TOO. BIG ****ING DEAL"

"NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU SAID YOU DID. AT LEAST YOU CANT HURT YOUR ELBOW BY MIND BETTING AND PATTING YOURSELF ON THE BACK. WE KNOW YOUR POCKET ISNT EMPTY, YOUR HAND IS IN THERE JAGGING YOURSELF OFF." http://www.horseplop.com/Smileys/smileys1/aol_whackit.gif

Biscuit has made comments directed towards me. He has been blocked for the past few months so I cannot read his posts and he shall remain blocked for good.

Why don't you admit you peek at my posts on a daily basis.:lol:

Have a look at a few of his posts at a trash site.

What trash site are you talking about pray tell.

It seems like he lives to try and provoke people into trash talk and will stoop to any level as he has even posted a picture of some guy and that folks is a pretty sad indication that he is in need of some help. This will be my last post regarding him. Once again I only post facts.

It almost seems to me that you are talking about yourself.:lol:

I have been here for 7 years now, I have'nt had a problem with any other member except you of course.

This is a decent forum. We don't put up icons like that here at PA. Go back to the trash n bash forum where you copied that icon from.

I guess now we know who the trasher./basher is now.

Cease and desist otherwise you will be reported to the mods here. As it is you have been warned enough times here for your constant bashing of drivers and trainers.

The Inside Scoop
11-24-2014, 01:11 AM
I have decided to post what he said to prove my point that he is nothing but trouble. This is proof of what I said is true. A guy posts a nice post about how good Commander Crowe was last night and he attacks him. Note whats at the bottom of his posts. There is only one Sea Biscuit, all others are frauds.

themightythor (http://www.horseplop.com/index.php?action=profile;u=267) Stakes Horse
http://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/star.gifhttp://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/star.gifhttp://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/star.gifhttp://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/star.gifhttp://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/star.gif

http://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/post/xx.gif (http://www.horseplop.com/index.php?topic=37636.msg542318#msg542318)what a thing of beauty......... (http://www.horseplop.com/index.php?topic=37636.msg542318#msg542318)
« on: November 23, 2014, 11:56:47 AM »
Watching the commander trot around the meds with his blond mane blowing in the air.he looked over at maven and said you can be my bitch after the race.cant beleive I got 5/1 on him.i almost felt bad cashing my ticket.

http://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/ip.gif Logged Sea Biscuit (http://www.horseplop.com/index.php?action=profile;u=18460) Top Claimer
http://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/star.gifhttp://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/star.gifhttp://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/star.gif

http://oi57.tinypic.com/97md68.jpg

I got the winners for you

http://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/post/xx.gif (http://www.horseplop.com/index.php?topic=37636.msg542321#msg542321)Re: what a thing of beauty......... (http://www.horseplop.com/index.php?topic=37636.msg542321#msg542321)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 12:03:45 PM »
http://oi58.tinypic.com/293yo9l.jpg

HOPE YOUR DADDY CASHED TOO. BIG ****ING DEAL.
http://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/ip.gif Logged I AM THE ONE AND ONLY SEA BISCUIT. ALL OTHERS USING THIS NAME ARE FRAUDS

themightythor (http://www.horseplop.com/index.php?action=profile;u=267) Stakes Horse
http://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/star.gifhttp://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/star.gifhttp://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/star.gifhttp://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/star.gifhttp://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/star.gif

http://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/post/xx.gif (http://www.horseplop.com/index.php?topic=37636.msg542322#msg542322)Re: what a thing of beauty......... (http://www.horseplop.com/index.php?topic=37636.msg542322#msg542322)
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 12:08:42 PM »
Whatever sea nuts.go look back.assclown.i said he was better than sebastian k.said he would beat sebas in first start.dont think I bet him I dont care.my pockets aint empty bro.

http://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/ip.gif Logged Sea Biscuit (http://www.horseplop.com/index.php?action=profile;u=18460) Top Claimer
http://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/star.gifhttp://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/star.gifhttp://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/star.gif

http://oi57.tinypic.com/97md68.jpg

NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU SAID YOU DID. AT LEAST YOU CANT HURT YOUR ELBOW BY MIND BETTING AND PATTING YOURSELF ON THE BACK. WE KNOW YOUR POCKET ISNT EMPTY, YOUR HAND IS IN THERE JAGGING YOURSELF OFF. http://www.horseplop.com/Smileys/smileys1/aol_whackit.gif
http://www.horseplop.com/Themes/Alen_1_Multicolor/images/ip.gif Logged I AM THE ONE AND ONLY SEA BISCUIT. ALL OTHERS USING THIS NAME ARE FRAUDS

Title: Re: EDWINA VOTED "MOST VILE HORSEPLOP POSTER OF ALL TIME"!!!
Post by: Sea Biscuit on May 30, 2014, 02:59:21 PM
Quote from: steve g on May 30, 2014, 02:27:59 PM (http://www.horseplop.com/index.php?topic=33098.msg464759#msg464759)
Anyone who assaults a woman is a piece of shit !!

cecil127
11-24-2014, 06:49 AM
You two need a room....

*when's the wedding?

PaceAdvantage
11-24-2014, 02:57 PM
I agree. I don't care what goes on at other sites. I moderate what I see here. If I see something that needs action, or someone points out to me something that needs action and I agree, then action it will be.