PDA

View Full Version : Car Accident

PhantomOnTour
11-17-2014, 03:22 PM
What a day it's been.
Some kind lady just totaled my car for me.
Thx - been needing a new one for some time now :)

The accident happened as a result of some driver being too nice and basically luring this poor lady into my path.
Two lanes on each side of this street. I am traveling in the left lane; some guy in the right lane decides to stop and let a driver enter the roadway...
FOR WHAT REASON I WILL NEVER KNOW...and of course she decides to skip the lane he is basically blocking for her and comes all the way over into the far left lane (my lane)....FOR WHAT REASON I WILL NEVER KNOW :faint:

Pardon me Mr. Overly Kind driver guy, but why would you even stop to let someone in at that spot in the roadway?...dontcha know that's dangerous?
And pardon me Miss Dizzy Driving gal, why in the good Lord's name would you just blindly swing out into the far lane when you have no idea if anyone is coming? You already had a lane cleared for you by Mr. Nice Guy
(who was anything BUT Mr. Nice Guy to all the angry drivers having to brake behind his act of benevolence)

Anyway - that breaks my streak of no accidents in something like 10yrs.
I am fine but the soreness will surely kick in later...as will her insurance since she was deemed at fault by the officer on the scene.

Let's Roll
11-17-2014, 03:25 PM
Glad you're OK.
Enjoy the new car :)

horses4courses
11-17-2014, 04:03 PM
That is so frustrating, but at least you are pretty much okay
along with the other driver.

"Good samaritan" acts on the road like that cause so many accidents
it's not funny. Wife was involved in a similar one years back
because a guy stopped for her to make a turn across 2 lanes of traffic.
She couldn't see the far lane properly as she crept along and BANG.
Luckily, she was okay but it was her fault.
Of course, she never would have attempted the turn without
Dudley Do-Right on the scene. Geesh!

Anyway, I hope you get a shiny new ride out of it all ;)

HUSKER55
11-17-2014, 04:09 PM
a word to the wise.

docement everything, did I mention to document everything.

make sure your premiums are in place and no lapse. State Farm is notrious about that. Also they are not your best friend in court.

Get picture, drawings, schematics and after the crash photos. You can not have too many photos. Make sure speed is not an issuse and also make sure there is no lack of maintenance on your vehicle. Had a neighbor get scewed by that.

Believe this or not, there were too many bungi cords, tape and plastic on the car and it distracted the driver so he got hit. It held. His insurance company paid and he never got a chance to put forth his side. My lawyer said he would have ripped them a new one.

Make sure your butt is covered. Witnesses have a nasty habit of getting vehicles colors, people, places and etc all mixed up. Guess when?

You may be stiff and sore but down the road arthritus will wop you in your manhood. You think not but you are wrong.

Get a lawayer who is not your friend. if he / she smiles and shakes hand that is not the one you want. The lawyer you want is the lawyer who says "why are you bothering me"?

Been thru this crap. You need to think down the road. Ten years from now when you get those "aches and pains from I don't know where" you will kick yourself in the ass if you don't get a lawyer and sue the living crap out of them.

There is no such thing as a lawyer being to big of a bastard or bitch as the case may be.

I am glad you are ok and enjoy a new car but cover your butt.

Been there....

ldiatone
11-17-2014, 04:15 PM
Good that You are ok! most important.... (and you can watch the steeler game tonite)

098poi
11-17-2014, 05:27 PM
Good thing the only injuries are to the car and your emotions. Hope it all works out.

proximity
11-17-2014, 07:49 PM
glad you are ok for many future steelers, lsu, and preakness weekends!! :)

lamboguy
11-17-2014, 08:01 PM
glad you are fine, sometimes after an accident you can wake up with a slight case of whip lash. hope you don't get it.

Tom
11-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Glad you're OK, POT.
I had one totalled last year.

NJ Stinks
11-18-2014, 12:59 AM
I wish you well, Phantom. :ThmbUp:

And I'm sorry you had such a rotten day.

judd
11-18-2014, 05:14 AM
what kind of car you buying ?

HUSKER55
11-18-2014, 09:28 AM
we got a new cruz awhile back. power mirrors and windows. Do not forget power seats and get the tinted glass.

we take grandkids to school and run errands around town. We get 25 MPG around town and 31 on trips.

We got onstar and we love it. The pak we got has sirus and we love it! We pay $300 a year here in Milwaukee. The only thing we didn't get was the map package that has the screen in your dash. if you do a lot of driving it is nice. Mary's son in law has one. Really nice, particularily during road construction.

Not cheap but it is nice!

Rise Over Run
11-18-2014, 09:38 AM
Was the driver Martha Fleishman?

PhantomOnTour
11-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Was the driver Martha Fleishman?
Finally, at long last, we get something half way funny from you :)

Thanks for your concern y'all :ThmbUp:
And Happy late Birthday to Grits !!!

PaceAdvantage
11-19-2014, 02:48 PM
I'm late to the scene here...glad to hear nobody was injured...the stupidity of drivers is something that amazes me daily...and I've been known to drive stupidly my own self on rare occasions, but luckily, the last accident I was in, the only damage I did was to myself and my car...

fast4522
11-19-2014, 07:01 PM
We all make mistakes, the trick ti to make less of them. About five years ago I started using the cruse control to tame the right foot. Hey I make mistakes but even before five years ago I would slow down a bit for the last five miles home. I read someplace something about accidents close to home and it was part of my reasoning. Now here are some of my stupid notes: If I have been on my feet all day that turns out to be much longer than the eight normal, everything is so tired just doing the speed limit is a chore. The real skinny is with cruse control at the speed limit you see so much more around you, I have to say that I look for bad shit and see it coming. It is almost as if having cruse control on opens extra awareness because your not thinking about the gas.

PaceAdvantage
11-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Don't most accidents occur close to home because that's where we spend most of our time driving?

wiffleball whizz
11-24-2014, 01:00 PM
Phantom good to here you ok and as proximity said hope to see you in baltimore next may....

I too got into a wreck on September 29 leaving the golf course.....clown cut across 3 lanes made reckless left and I wind up t-boning him and total my car......2014 totalled and I think it was a bs call by the adjuster...

Messed up my back and neck and got burns from the air bag on my arms....

PhantomOnTour
11-24-2014, 03:15 PM
Don't most accidents occur close to home because that's where we spend most of our time driving?
Exactly - that stat is used for drunk driving accidents also, and it's a farce.

EVERY time you drive you are within 5 miles of your home...going and coming... and sometimes you may not leave that 5 mile radius during your whole trip.

I would guess that over 80% of the driving anyone does is within 5 miles of their home.

Thx for your concern everyone - I am doing fine (no car yet though)

iceknight
11-24-2014, 03:25 PM
Thx for your concern everyone - I am doing fine (no car yet though) Just saw this. Glad you are ok! Gas prices are low right now so get a hummer if you can!