PDA

View Full Version : "Not so Fast"

Marshall Bennett
11-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Does anyone around here find Lee Corso 's style annoying besides me? I enjoy watching ESPN's "College Game Day" on Saturday mornings, but for me it's a struggle having to sit through his loud and aggressive manner throughout.

cj
11-08-2014, 12:07 PM
I watch zero pregames shows for any sport. Just give me the action.

burnsy
11-10-2014, 08:56 AM
Kind of agree with CJ. I don't watch zero of it but can only take so much. Its repetitive, biased and many times faulty, nonsense. It used to be 30 minutes before a game.....now its 24/7. When there's that much talk chances are 90% of it is garbage. If you really know football, you can gain so much more by analyzing a game (teams) for yourself. I try to tell my friend that listens to all that crap.."At our age being that we have been following football for so long. If you can't handicap these games by now on your own, when will it happen?" He says its "information". How can it be information when half that crap is "misinformation"? Some of those guys are good analyzers of the game but if you are betting most of them are horrendous gamblers. You don't beat spreads betting on individuals. That's what they base 90% of their picks on. Its a total team game. Most of the coverage with these "TV personalities" is worthless if you bet and it is often crap even if you don't gamble. Some of it is fun, entertaining and fills the time. It might teach beginners about football but you can't really bet on anything most of those people say. They are definitely not gamblers.

1st time lasix
11-10-2014, 09:31 AM
Does anyone around here find Lee Corso 's style annoying besides me? I enjoy watching ESPN's "College Game Day" on Saturday mornings, but for me it's a struggle having to sit through his loud and aggressive manner throughout. Wait to you are forced to listen to Vitale as basketball season begins!

Tall One
11-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Wait to you are forced to listen to Vitale as basketball season begins!

Seems like I read awhile back they're cutting his schedule way back this year?

Clocker
11-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Wait to you are forced to listen to Vitale as basketball season begins!

That's why God created the mute button. :p

cj
11-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Kind of agree with CJ. I don't watch zero of it but can only take so much. Its repetitive, biased and many times faulty, nonsense. It used to be 30 minutes before a game.....now its 24/7. When there's that much talk chances are 90% of it is garbage. If you really know football, you can gain so much more by analyzing a game (teams) for yourself. I try to tell my friend that listens to all that crap.."At our age being that we have been following football for so long. If you can't handicap these games by now on your own, when will it happen?" He says its "information". How can it be information when half that crap is "misinformation"? Some of those guys are good analyzers of the game but if you are betting most of them are horrendous gamblers. You don't beat spreads betting on individuals. That's what they base 90% of their picks on. Its a total team game. Most of the coverage with these "TV personalities" is worthless if you bet and it is often crap even if you don't gamble. Some of it is fun, entertaining and fills the time. It might teach beginners about football but you can't really bet on anything most of those people say. They are definitely not gamblers.

The worst part is there is no accountability for the ridiculous statements and opinions many spout. They say crazy stuff to get a reaction. I guess that drives ratings, but usually these guys are way off base.

I think the play by play guys do a decent jobs and study the teams they are covering each week, but the studio guys don't know that much about any of the teams, just blurt out general opinions based on limited knowledge from having seen a few highlights.

cj's dad
11-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Dicky V. blows

ronsmac
11-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Does anyone around here find Lee Corso 's style annoying besides me? I enjoy watching ESPN's "College Game Day" on Saturday mornings, but for me it's a struggle having to sit through his loud and aggressive manner throughout.
I haven't watched much college football this year, but I've always liked Lee because you can tell he actually bets. He'll make subtle references to the point spreads and what the "experts " think. He seems like a cool guy.