PDA

View Full Version : WSJ: Obama wrote secret letter to Iran leader

Clocker
11-06-2014, 02:44 PM
WASHINGTON—U.S. President Barack Obama secretly wrote Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in the middle of last month and described a shared interest in fighting Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria, according to people briefed on the correspondence.

The letter appeared aimed both at buttressing the campaign against Islamic State and nudging Iran’s religious leader closer to a nuclear deal.

Mr. Obama stressed to Mr. Khamenei that any cooperation on Islamic State was largely contingent on Iran reaching a comprehensive agreement with global powers on the future of Tehran’s nuclear program by a Nov. 24 diplomatic deadline, the same people say.

The October letter marked at least the fourth time Mr. Obama has written Iran’s most powerful political and religious leader since taking office in 2009 and pledging to engage with Tehran’s Islamist government.

Full story at WSJ. Direct links blocked by WSJ. Google "Obama Wrote Secret Letter"

Greyfox
11-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Full story at WSJ. Direct links blocked by WSJ. Google "Obama Wrote Secret Letter"

If it was secret who leaked it?
Not likely Iran's Khamenei.
Has to be some anonymous White House source, wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Clocker
11-06-2014, 02:57 PM
If it was secret who leaked it?
Not likely Iran's Khamenei.
Has to be some anonymous White House source, wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
The article says "according to people briefed on the correspondence."

I doubt it was with White House knowledge, because Obama is trying to get the nuclear agreement with Iran done without Congressional action or approval.

Greyfox
11-06-2014, 03:33 PM
The article says "according to people briefed on the correspondence."

I doubt it was with White House knowledge, because Obama is trying to get the nuclear agreement with Iran done without Congressional action or approval.

If I wrote a letter, the only people that I told would be the ones I briefed on it.

Obama wrote the letter.
Someone he told was "briefed."
That person would have been one of his minions in the White House.
The White House probably leaked it.

Tom
11-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Obama told him he would be able to do much more after the election.

tucker6
11-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Obama told him he would be able to do much more after the election.
Can't Nobama just write an executive order selling the USA to Iran? Seems that would solve a lot of problems.

Clocker
11-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Dear Ayatollah:

If you like your nukes, you can keep your nukes.

rastajenk
11-06-2014, 05:21 PM
That's one promise I think he could keep.

JustRalph
11-06-2014, 05:51 PM
you guys are hysterical....... :lol:

DJofSD
11-06-2014, 06:49 PM
The latest letter represents at least the 4th time Obama has had such correspondence. That's twice as many times as Obama has met with Mitch McConnell.

Greyfox
11-06-2014, 06:51 PM
The latest letter represents at least the 4th time Obama has had such correspondence. That's twice as many times as Obama has met with Mitch McConnell.

McConnell should convert to Islam if he wants the Presidents big ears. :D

Tom
11-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Dear Ayatollah,
When Putin ate my lunch, IRAN!

Bury Barry.

JustRalph
11-07-2014, 12:02 AM
Dear Funny guy with the beard, please stop ****ing up my legacy, Mitch McConnell is in charge of that.

Sincerely, Barry O

P.S. Are we still on for February 2017?

fast4522
11-08-2014, 08:11 AM
More like, next time I am in the neighborhood we can prey together.