PDA

View Full Version : Will Ray Rice win his appeal?

JustRalph
11-05-2014, 07:41 PM
An ex Federal Judge will decide. I have to think the NFL screwed this up bad enough that Rice might win.

A real Judge is going to be one of two things.

1. Very sensitive to Rice's claim of double jeopardy

2. Not give any credence at all to the double jeopardy argument because it's not a criminal case

I think he has a shot

tucker6
11-05-2014, 08:28 PM
An ex Federal Judge will decide. I have to think the NFL screwed this up bad enough that Rice might win.

2. Not give any credence at all to the double jeopardy argument because it's not a criminal case

I think he has a shot
he'll get six games under the new policy. If that doesn't happen, then I agree he'll get the original two games. I don't like what he did, but the NFL is breaking their own policy for DV, so they will lose on that alone.

Dahoss2002
11-06-2014, 03:57 AM
Just wonder why New Jersey did not prosecute him after seeing videos. Wouldn't it be a felony? Even if wife consents to it?

tucker6
11-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Just wonder why New Jersey did not prosecute him after seeing videos. Wouldn't it be a felony? Even if wife consents to it?
double jeopardy

johnhannibalsmith
11-06-2014, 10:07 AM
I'm guessing he's definitely going to win the appeal and that it follows the script from the start of this. Let some obscure judge or arbitrator feel the wrath, make the commish look like a tough buck, and then get the guy back making the league money ASAP. Win, win, win.

Sinner369
11-06-2014, 11:45 AM
What is the average career of a running back in the NFL...........???

I'd say maybe 3 to 5 years..........if you are lucky (no injuries).

Even if rein stayed RR would have to find a team that would want him.

My bet is that he gets to play this season.

Stillriledup
11-06-2014, 07:22 PM

I think he has a shot

Why would a judge be able to tell the NFL that the have to permit this guy to be an employee in their company?

cj
11-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Why would a judge be able to tell the NFL that the have to permit this guy to be an employee in their company?

Because the NFL agreed to it maybe?

Stillriledup
11-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Because the NFL agreed to it maybe?

Don't know, that's why i'm asking.

cj
11-06-2014, 11:08 PM
Don't know, that's why i'm asking.

"Jones was jointly picked by the commissioner and the players' union to hear the appeal. It's uncertain how long Jones will take to make a decision."

It is ok to try Google now and then, it is this new thing that is pretty fast at getting facts.

Stillriledup
11-06-2014, 11:25 PM
"Jones was jointly picked by the commissioner and the players' union to hear the appeal. It's uncertain how long Jones will take to make a decision."

It is ok to try Google now and then, it is this new thing that is pretty fast at getting facts.

:D

Its funny because when i start a thread without a link or a video, i get crap from the ghosts here, even if i tell THEM to use google.

I can't win!! :bang:

ReplayRandall
11-06-2014, 11:31 PM

Its funny because when i start a thread without a link or a video, i get crap from the ghosts here, even if i tell THEM to use google.

SRU, you're right about one thing all the time........ you definitely can't win..:bang: :bang:

Robert Goren
11-06-2014, 11:35 PM
I am thinking Rice will back next year for somebody other than the Ravens. He gets one year contracts from now on.

cj
11-06-2014, 11:43 PM

Totally different thing. If you start a thread and want people to discuss it and posting a video or link helps, go for it. I'm not sure why you wouldn't. Adding those things will generate interest in a topic without people having to look around.

Asking a question that can easily be answered with about three words and a click seems silly, unless you'd rather wait for somebody on PA to answer it for you. When at all possible, I'd rather gather facts for myself.

Stillriledup
11-07-2014, 01:08 AM
Totally different thing. If you start a thread and want people to discuss it and posting a video or link helps, go for it. I'm not sure why you wouldn't. Adding those things will generate interest in a topic without people having to look around.

Asking a question that can easily be answered with about three words and a click seems silly, unless you'd rather wait for somebody on PA to answer it for you. When at all possible, I'd rather gather facts for myself.

Not everything can be gotten at Google, you have to know what to search for, its much easier to ask you guys. :D

As far as posting a video replay of a race, its easy to post a race if the race is on youtube, but if its on a pay-per-view site, i wouldn't be able to post it. Most "everyday" races are not on youtube, i have posted links if they were available.

tucker6
11-07-2014, 08:24 AM
Not everything can be gotten at Google, you have to know what to search for, its much easier to ask you guys. :D

EVERYTHING can be gotten through google. Just type in 'rice appeal judge' and you'd know the answer in 30 seconds. No need to wait for a guy named CJ from OK to tell you the answer. But you argue anything and everything, so no doubt you'll spurn this advice with a retort.

Canarsie
11-07-2014, 09:26 AM

I think he has a shot

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/11/06/report-newsome-contradicts-goodell-under-oath/

I think Newsomes's testimony is extremely damaging to the NFL. They didn't have a stenographer, tape recorder, or any other method to back up and review what Rice said. Since Goodell is judge, jury, and executioner this squarely fits in his lap. At least to me he was very squeamish just answering questions from the media (Rachel Nichols was excellent) standing at a podium. Throw in million dollar lawyers having him on the stand for over two hours asking the same question differently time and time again. I can't imagine him being that credible on the stand without his right hand men being allowed to object in most circumstances.

Having said that as a resident of NJ I'm extremely embarrassed that they didn't charge him with a felony. When you have rock solid evidence this was the time to make a STATEMENT about domestic violence.