PDA

View Full Version : Breeder's Cup...any horses to follow...bet back...bet against...ect...

sammy the sage
11-05-2014, 07:17 PM
for whatever reason...mugged at start...ran against speed bias...ect...no room...

taxicab
11-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Imperia out of the Juvy Turf.
Just a miserable trip.
Jockey Javier rode him like he didn't have a clue.
He's the :11:.

http://youtu.be/VPv0CfF-7e4

Stillriledup
11-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Bet back the cheaters horses who ran poorly, they're not likely to have prerace security next time, back to business as usual.

taxicab
11-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Bet back the cheaters horses who ran poorly, they're not likely to have prerace security next time, back to business as usual.

You're correct.
Over the years those type of horses have done well on the "comeback".
John Sadler comes to mind..... :eek:

Stillriledup
11-05-2014, 07:45 PM
You're correct.
Over the years those type of horses have done well on the "comeback".
John Sadler comes to mind..... :eek:

I'm not mentioning any names, that's on you Cabber. :D

Robert Fischer
11-05-2014, 08:14 PM
assuming good health

Daredevil, Partisan Politics

Tor Ekman
11-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Bourbon Courage and Puca

cj
11-05-2014, 10:42 PM
This was my weekly TVG Blog that covers all the BC races, including horses to upgrade and downgrade from each.

menifee
11-06-2014, 01:02 AM
I don't have any statistical evidence to back me up, but anecdotally, I always feel that you need to bet against any Breeders Cup horse in their next race back. I think this is a function of the trainers really have them prepped for that one race and after that it takes some time for the horse to recover.

appistappis
11-06-2014, 01:51 AM
don't tell sophia

Stillriledup
11-06-2014, 02:08 AM
I don't have any statistical evidence to back me up, but anecdotally, I always feel that you need to bet against any Breeders Cup horse in their next race back. I think this is a function of the trainers really have them prepped for that one race and after that it takes some time for the horse to recover.

They also become "famous" for running in the BC, they have "BC APPROVED" in their PPs so they might just be overbet on the BC "Status symbol"

rastajenk
11-06-2014, 06:35 AM
Or maybe it's simply that they're dropping in class.

letswastemoney
11-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Some of these horses will have bridgejumpers on them in their return start.

I agree that seeing Breeders' Cup in the PPs automatically makes a lot of returning horses overbet.

cj
11-07-2014, 05:29 PM
This was my weekly TVG Blog that covers all the BC races, including horses to upgrade and downgrade from each.

Just realized I didn't include that link, that wasn't very bright.

https://www.tvg.com/blog/2014/11/05/timeformus-speed-figures-week-ending-november-2-breeders-cup-edition/

DelMarJay
11-07-2014, 06:52 PM
Downhill Turf. Everybody raving about Bobby's Kitten and NoNayNever. JR had an abysmal trip and was a nose and a neck back with UNDRAFTED, who would have one with a clean trip. However, does that mean he's primed for his next? I've seen more troubled horses who are "locks" for their next, run nothing like everybody thought. So I guess I'm just po'd about my many nose misses in the BC.

the little guy
11-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Downhill Turf. Everybody raving about Bobby's Kitten and NoNayNever. JR had an abysmal trip and was a nose and a neck back with UNDRAFTED, who would have one with a clean trip. However, does that mean he's primed for his next? I've seen more troubled horses who are "locks" for their next, run nothing like everybody thought. So I guess I'm just po'd about my many nose misses in the BC.

Maybe watch the race again, as Undrafted had absolutely zero trouble, and got a great ride and trip. He ran fine, but he had no excuse.

lamboguy
11-07-2014, 08:43 PM
i thought that BY THE MOON ran good but got beat from her outside post once she couldn't clear, she ran ok for over half the race. she will probably get freshened up now and will appear in Florida sometime in January.

Stillriledup
11-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Maybe watch the race again, as Undrafted had absolutely zero trouble, and got a great ride and trip. He ran fine, but he had no excuse.

This is right, he got an amazing ride and trip. Horrendous beat for anyone who needed him for 2nd.

the little guy
11-07-2014, 09:15 PM
This is right, he got an amazing ride and trip. Horrendous beat for anyone who needed him for 2nd.

How is a horse that got a perfect trip, and loses to one that had a tougher trip, like No Nay Never being close to a pace that collapsed, anything remotely close to a horrendous beat?

Stillriledup
11-07-2014, 09:18 PM
How is a horse that got a perfect trip, and loses to one that had a tougher trip, like No Nay Never being close to a pace that collapsed, anything remotely close to a horrendous beat?

Because the horse was exploding and was 100 lengths in front of that horse 50 yards past the finish line. Also, it looked like he got there by a neck.