PDA

View Full Version : Piers Morgan: 10 reasons for a shellacking

DJofSD
11-03-2014, 12:39 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2819111/Piers-Morgan-Ten-reasons-bluffing-boring-blame-pointing-Obama-expect-deserved-shellacking-midterm-elections.html

1. HE BREAKS HIS PROMISES.
2. HIS FOREIGN POLICY STINKS.
3. HE’S A BLUFFER.

See the article for the balance.

P.S. #3 probably should read as Bull S*ht artist.

Clocker
11-03-2014, 01:07 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2819111/Piers-Morgan-Ten-reasons-bluffing-boring-blame-pointing-Obama-expect-deserved-shellacking-midterm-elections.html

1. HE BREAKS HIS PROMISES.
2. HIS FOREIGN POLICY STINKS.
3. HE’S A BLUFFER.

See the article for the balance.

P.S. #3 probably should read as Bull S*ht artist.

The only thing new here is that Obama's incompetence has dawned on one of his biggest fan boys. Not the first, and certainly not the last.

And what Morgan admits here, without really admitting it to himself, is that he was taken in by an empty suit, a con man who believed his own BS. Morgan bought the sizzle, and discovers that there is no steak.

GameTheory
11-03-2014, 02:18 PM
The only thing new here is that Obama's incompetence has dawned on one of his biggest fan boys. Not the first, and certainly not the last.

And what Morgan admits here, without really admitting it to himself, is that he was taken in by an empty suit, a con man who believed his own BS. Morgan bought the sizzle, and discovers that there is no steak.
...and lets himself off the hook by saying we were all fooled. By this guy who had literally no accomplishments to his name and no experience whatsoever, and that is something we DID all know. There wasn't even a need to run a con, all Obama had to do was show up. His emptiness helped him (remember he beat Hillary in the primaries, and love her or hate her she was certainly more qualified) as all the hopes and dreams of all the hopers and dreamers could be projected onto him and all he had to do was say, yes we can, whatever you want, I can get it done.

Saying Obama charmed or conned anyone is almost giving Obama too much credit -- it was all self-delusion by the voters. Or maybe I've got it all wrong, because I still can't figure out how he got re-elected...I mean, the spell was already broken by then, wasn't it? Maybe just a matter of the map. I welcome President Clinton at this point...

Clocker
11-03-2014, 03:01 PM
remember he beat Hillary in the primaries, and love her or hate her she was certainly more qualified

Barely. Her experience was in many ways similar to Obama's. Law school, social work, law school instructor, and Democratic party activist. She had no private sector or administrative experience. She knew more about the workings of the federal government by virtue of being First Lady. Her only venture into real policy was when she headed the administration effort for universal health care (HillaryCare). She was unable to work with Congress and the whole thing came to nothing. Newt Gingrich, GOP Speaker of the House at the time, later said that they could have passed health care if Hillary had been willing to work with the GOP and to make some compromises, but she was adamant about getting her way.

She was probably a little more qualified for the job, but she was, and still is, a really bad campaigner. Her major attributes in the primary were her last name and her gender, until Obama came along with his attributes of race and charisma.

Saying Obama charmed or conned anyone is almost giving Obama too much credit -- it was all self-delusion by the voters. Or maybe I've got it all wrong, because I still can't figure out how he got re-elected

Yes, it was self-delusion. I think Obama does really believe what he says when he says it, because when he says something is going to be done, it is what he wants done, and he thinks that is all it takes to get it done.

He won in 2008 because that was an anybody but Bush election, and the Democrat was a lock to win. He won in 2012 because of ObamaCare, which the base wanted and which had not yet been proven to be the trainwreck it is, and because his major failures didn't start becoming obvious until around or after the election. And because he was already pointing fingers at everyone else for blocking his programs, and saying that he needed 4 more years to get them done. And the base saw no better alternative and gave him 4 more. He really believed that the failure to deliver on his promises was not his fault, and he sold it to the base.

GameTheory
11-03-2014, 03:30 PM
Barely. Her experience was in many ways similar to Obama's. Law school, social work, law school instructor, and Democratic party activist. She had no private sector or administrative experience. She knew more about the workings of the federal government by virtue of being First Lady. Her only venture into real policy was when she headed the administration effort for universal health care (HillaryCare). She was unable to work with Congress and the whole thing came to nothing. Newt Gingrich, GOP Speaker of the House at the time, later said that they could have passed health care if Hillary had been willing to work with the GOP and to make some compromises, but she was adamant about getting her way.

She was probably a little more qualified for the job, but she was, and still is, a really bad campaigner. Her major attributes in the primary were her last name and her gender, until Obama came along with his attributes of race and charisma. The experience of being in the WH and those earlier failures make her more qualified. And the fact that she is not an idealist, but a cold calculating pragmatist. If I can't get someone actually decent, I will take a Machiavelli-type over an incompetent lightweight. She's no political genius like Bill, it is also hard to imagine her maintaining popularity for long once in office, we're very likely to find out...

Tom
11-03-2014, 03:33 PM
I posted way back in the beginning, when he first got going, that he seemed to be legit and could be in a position to do a lot of "healing" between the parties and maybe get some good things done.

What a sap I was.
I will never trust nor listen to another democrat as long as I live.
From now on, no compromise, no bipartisan anything,
Roll them over and bury them. Nothing less.

Rise Over Run
11-03-2014, 04:03 PM
I posted way back in the beginning, when he first got going, that he seemed to be legit and could be in a position to do a lot of "healing" between the parties and maybe get some good things done.

What a sap I was.
Roll them over and bury them. Nothing less.

I came within about 36 hours of casting my vote for 0bama back in 2008. Almost got sucked into the groundswell of "positive change", but glad I came to my senses at the last minute. I still couldn't vote for McCain/Palin and instead voted for the Constitution Party, as it seemed the best fit for my beliefs at the time.

Greyfox
11-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Piers said Obama's foreign policy stinks. Duh, yuh think?
Putin, for one has outsmarted him on several fronts.
So this week a cartoonist display is at a Moscow Art Gallery.
The one below quite accurately depicts what Russians know to be true.

http://www.wnd.com/files/2014/11/putin-spanks-obama-targeted-sanctions-600.jpg

Clocker
11-03-2014, 04:11 PM
She's no political genius like Bill, it is also hard to imagine her maintaining popularity for long once in office, we're very likely to find out...

She has no talent or taste for the art of the deal, which Bill loves. And she has no finesse.

We are likely to find out unless things change. The eminent GOP win tomorrow is not about the GOP, it is a rejection of Obama and his incompetence. If nothing improves over the next two years, and if the Dems can blame the lack of improvement on the GOP, the voters are likely to swing their short attention span around and give the Democrats another shot at it.

Clocker
11-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Piers said Obama's foreign policy stinks. Duh, yuh think?
Putin, for one has outsmarted him on several fronts.
So this week a cartoonist display is at a Moscow Art Gallery.
The one below quite accurately depicts what Russians know to be true.

Q. Why is Obama so thin?

A. Because Putin keeps eating his lunch.

GameTheory
11-03-2014, 05:21 PM

What a sap I was.
Roll them over and bury them. Nothing less.We will not see any bringing together between parties until a *forward-thinking* person comes along. The Dems want to go back to FDR & the Great Society, the Republicans want to go back to Reagan. Eventually we'll get someone that has figured out we are living in a new world and we won't be going back to anything that was before. We are living in the age of confusion and mediocrity that is the prelude to either our re-emergence or our demise. Right now we are treading water without a plan.

JustRalph
11-03-2014, 06:39 PM
scha·den·freu·de

Abounds

johnhannibalsmith
11-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Piers Morgan figured out the one way to get back into the news - talk bad about Obama. If nothing else, all the conservative print will give you the floor for as long as you care to go on about Obama and print it with glee.

I believe in what Piers Morgan claims to believe about Obama about as much as I believe what Obama claims to believe in on just about any subject.

Tom
11-03-2014, 10:21 PM
1n03a7cLf0M