PDA

View Full Version : I have a confession to make

PhantomOnTour
11-03-2014, 11:30 AM
I started watching the NFL again :blush:

I also have a statement to make:
The Pittsburgh Steelers have the best QB-RB-WR trio in the NFL, and there ain't a receiver in this game I would take over Antonio Brown.

World watch out - it's STEELERS time!

Baltimore came with a game plan last night that was nothing short of "be a criminal", and it didn't work.
You will not out-tough the toughest and intimidate the Steelers.
That last TD pass was payback for Baltimore's cheap shot artists (Upshaw and Suggs).

wiffleball whizz
11-03-2014, 11:37 AM

The Pittsburgh Steelers have the best QB-RB-WR trio in the NFL, and there ain't a receiver in this game I would take over Antonio Brown.

Baltimore came with a game plan last night that was nothing short of "be a criminal", and it didn't work.
That last TD pass was payback for Baltimore's cheap shot artists (Upshaw and Suggs).

There a dead team phantom.....just got hot at home for the 3 weeks there there

Total bet against next week

PhantomOnTour
11-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Whizz - I was having that exact conversation with a friend...let's see how well this new show performs on the road.
Only one home game in the next month...we will find out what they're truly made of.
At the Jets next week?

Robert Fischer
11-03-2014, 11:58 AM

Steelers are real close.

"Big Ben" got hit in the jaw last night and he didn't flinch.
https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/kxdsrh77m9dn7zpnvwrb.gif (https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/kxdsrh77m9dn7zpnvwrb.gif?w=1000)

Harrison came back to his old levels on several plays.

Worilds made a big interception. Some of the lineman played together and played fired up. The WR core rounded out into a complete unit. Some key turnovers at opportune times.

Still a ways to go however.
Up until the turning points in the game, Baltimore was able to dictate field position for quite some time. Even with the guady passing numbers in today's NFL, field position still matters.
James Harrison can be expected to be a vocal leader from the sideline or even on the field at times, but some of his intensity has to transfer over to the young linebackers Worilds and Timmons, and the unit as a whole. His body will not hold up.
Le'Veon Bell's talent has to transfer as well into quick-hitting runs as it does as a change of pace (although he's a top-10 receiving back already). LB-Shazier has to prove that he can get healthy and that he is big enough to with stand the "undertow" when a play cuts back against the grain.

Long way to go.

Marshall Bennett
11-03-2014, 12:44 PM
At the Jets next week?
Don't put a checkmark in the win column just yet. With the NFL of late, nothing's even close to a sure thing. Rams were a 10 pt underdog and basically shut the 49rs down in their own park.

wiffleball whizz
11-03-2014, 01:48 PM
GIVE ME THE JETS +4 FOR MY LIFE!!!!!!!

Crowds will be 65 percent jets 30 percent steelers 5 percent whoever people are betting!!!!!

Love the jets.......also an undercover college play is SYRACUSE!!

Robert Fischer
11-03-2014, 02:25 PM

Crowds will be 65 percent jets 30 percent steelers 5 percent whoever people are betting!!!!!

Jets will definitely have the home-field advantage.
I wouldn't bet against the Steelers though. (or on them)

DRIVEWAY
11-03-2014, 02:44 PM

Fans looking to spend 10K for "Fire Idzik(GM)" billboard.

By the time the game ends everyone still left in the stands will be cheering for the Steelers.

Blowout.

wiffleball whizz
11-03-2014, 04:36 PM
[

wiffleball whizz
11-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Fans looking to spend 10K for "Fire Idzik(GM)" billboard.

By the time the game ends everyone still left in the stands will be cheering for the Steelers.

Blowout. lol

proximity
11-03-2014, 05:54 PM

i'm glad to hear this. :ThmbUp:

as for the rest, the steelers did beat us last week but it was not our normal "median" defensive game. meanwhile our offense scored 34 points and passed for 400 yards with only 20 minutes of time of possession. so i would be concerned about the defense. on offense they have the best qb in the north division so they should be a factor until the end.

Marshall Bennett
11-03-2014, 07:34 PM
lol
This guy and Chris Berman are hard for me to watch. Loud and obnoxious. :mad:

JustRalph
11-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Patriots impressed me. What a game Brady had......

tucker6
11-04-2014, 08:17 AM

Stop drinking so much Whizz. I would take your bet that 65% of the stands will be Jets fans. 50% at best, and likely more Steeler fans than Jets fans. Steelers travel well, and tickets on StubHub for game are $40.

MutuelClerk
11-04-2014, 08:47 AM
I didn't play fantasy for the first time in about 20 years. I don't gamble on the NFL. Unless I'm watching the redzone I find football pretty boring. IN a sixty minute game isn't there less than 10 minutes of actual action? Redzone much better, NO commercials and usually teams close to scoring. Constant action.

Tor Ekman
11-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Stop drinking so much Whizz. I would take your bet that 65% of the stands will be Jets fans. 50% at best, and likely more Steeler fans than Jets fans. Steelers travel well, and tickets on StubHub for game are $40.
Not only do Steelers travel well, but there are loads of NY metro residents who are hard core Steelers fans. Crowd will be close to 50/50 fannies in the seats but it will sound like a Steelers home game.

Robert Fischer
11-04-2014, 10:59 AM
here is what I mean when I say "home field advantage" :

http://oi58.tinypic.com/xmlb9k.jpg

line is 4.5
91% of the money is on the Steelers
game is in NJ

It looks a bit like the type of game that the conspiracy theorists, and Tim Donaghy fans/haters stay clear from.
The only thing good for those who want to bet on the Steelers is the line is only 4.5 points. If the line were 8 pts or whatever may generate a closer 50-50% action, then there could be more risk of "funny business" without changing the game outcome(according to the conspiracy theorist in me).

that craziness aside: GO STEELERS!

Robert Fischer
11-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Here is a graph of the same line from this week's Steelers vs. Jets game:
http://oi62.tinypic.com/21m6q89.jpg

Note the opening @ 5.5pts Monday morning, and then immediately dropping to 4.5 and then 4 points. - Was this heavy early action on NY? Was this simply a line adjustment for things such as injuries?? (If so why adjust down for a game so obviously expected to take Steeler Fan money?).

Now we've settled into 4.5 points, and supposedly 91% of the money is on Pittsburgh, so you would think that the line would go UP(higher than 4.5) from here soon...

*Note that the source of info is key here(isn't it always...), as vegasinsider dot com actually shows the line having moved in reverse, opening at -1? and moving in the logical direction(UP) under heavy Steeler action.
That movement is way more logical than the graph above, but how can you explain this game opening @ -1, aside from some very early limited action(prior to the Pitt vs Balt. Sun night game)??

:D Ultimately this is all more ways to think you are doing something when making a "gamble". I'll be the first to admit that I'm guessing with this stuff, and that my sources aren't bullet-proof insiders.

Valuist
11-06-2014, 07:47 PM
This thread is ironic for me because this year I've watched less NFL than in over 20 years. The new rule changes and endless array of PI penalties is just too much. That and the fact I was having a bad season betting it.....

PhantomOnTour
11-10-2014, 01:55 PM

I kept thinking about this post during the game. :bang: :lol:
Nice call Whizz - hope you cashed on the Jets.

I should resume my football strike.
Steelers may make the playoffs but they aren't title contenders