PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Saving Time ends

PaceAdvantage
11-02-2014, 03:22 AM
And with that, the time stamp on posts might be off by an hour depending on your account settings. If that's the case, click on the UserCP (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/usercp.php?) link in the menu at the top of every forum page, then click the EDIT OPTIONS link on the left, scroll down to the Time Zone section near the bottom, and switch the DST Correction option to "DST corrections always off"

You may have to do something similar once DST goes back into effect (switch to always on).

Thomas Roulston
11-02-2014, 04:43 AM
I say bring back the days when DST began on the last Sunday in April and ended on the last Sunday in October.

The second Sunday in March is way, way too early to begin DST.

Tom
11-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Many of us don't know what DAY it is when we post, does the HOUR matter? :lol:

jballscalls
11-02-2014, 08:53 AM
This means for the next six months the clock in my mom's car will be an hour off.

FrankieFigs
11-02-2014, 09:09 AM
I say bring back the days when DST began on the last Sunday in April and ended on the last Sunday in October.

It's never, NEVER too early to get more sunshine in the evenings..... :)

Tom
11-02-2014, 09:15 AM
This means for the next six months the clock in my mom's car will be an hour off.

:D Half the clocks in my house will still be off, just the other half now.

banacek
11-02-2014, 09:17 AM
Friday was my annual "Enjoy the long weekend" joke as I left work...hopefully everyone understood it or could be missing a couple of people on Monday.

Shelby
11-02-2014, 10:50 AM
DST needs to be done away with IMO. Or maybe I just need to move to Arizona.

thespaah
11-02-2014, 12:04 PM

Why?

Marshall Bennett
11-02-2014, 12:06 PM

Better yet, just leave it alone all together. Who really needs it?

thespaah
11-02-2014, 12:08 PM
It's never, NEVER too early to get more sunshine in the evenings..... :)
Yeah..Enables me to get in 9 holes of golf after work....And 18 in summer

thespaah
11-02-2014, 12:09 PM
DST needs to be done away with IMO. Or maybe I just need to move to Arizona.
Yeas..Too much daylight at the end of the day is such a burden

JimG
11-02-2014, 12:15 PM
I think we should have backed up the clocks 30 minutes, instead of an hour this morning, and left it that way permanently.

TJDave
11-02-2014, 12:27 PM
In Mexico, the end of daylight savings time is celebrated by every employee arriving for work more or less on time. It's not uncommon for the celebration to last for days. Especially for those who don't own a watch.