PDA

View Full Version : horsestreet handicapper software

shanta
05-05-2004, 06:15 AM
I have had this program for 10 days now and I love it. It really is like 5 different programs in one. You want pace handicapping its in there. You want trainer stats its in there. You want class and form its in there too. As well as I believe 2 different kinds of "nets". Database building is probably its key feature and i don't even know how to use that yet! There are also so many other things in it that I know I am not even aware of yet. As far as the subscription cost to h.d.w. any kind of serious player would see that the cost is actually very reasonable. also Ron Tiller at h.d.w. went out of his way also to help me get started . He seems real cool and straight up.

The main reason I am writing this is Dave Schwartz. From the start he has given me nothing but total support and help whenever I have asked AND has gone out of his way to give me some "tips" that have sped up my learning this massive program. He has given me some things up front that he could have charged me for and the customer support is on a level I have never seen. Also the users on the site are very forthcoming with help and feedback for this "newbie" and that makes me feel welcome.

Having used sartin's d.o.s. programs for the last 8 years exclusively this software is honestly like nothing else I have ever seen. I look forward to becoming a profitable user of H.S.H.

Richie P.

jbjints
05-05-2004, 05:01 PM
What is the url to the site offering the program?

shanta
05-05-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by jbjints
What is the url to the site offering the program?

the address is www.horsestreet.com

welcome to the board jb jints.
Richie Pizzicara

Binder
05-05-2004, 06:10 PM
Hi Shanta
Good Skill with your new software
thank you for the link

:)
Bind

shanta
05-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Binder
Hi Shanta
Good Skill with your new software
thank you for the link

Bind

Hi Bill. When I saw you saturday at the Meadowlands that "ants"readout I showed you is one of the contender selection and wagering methods I am learning now. Thanx for the good words and nice job on the Derby card. Say hi to your folks for me ok? I will probably see you this weekend out in "jersey".
take care, Richie

Binder
05-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Hi
Ants Panic!!!
I look forward to it
Just look for the guy in the Smarty Jones Hat

Watch out for the Ant Hill Mob:)

But seriously What are the ants about?
Is this some kind of rating method for horsestreet

Tom
05-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Our good friend Dave posted a lenghty lesson on form on this site a while back-it was extremely good reading.If you haven't read it, do a search-you won't regret it.
I go over there and read his BB from time to time and have gotten some good ideas about handciapping - but more often, I get lost in their posts-like listening on a room full of rocket scientists-LOL
Good luck with the program.

eclecticapper
05-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Binder

But seriously What are the ants about?
Is this some kind of rating method for horsestreet

Here is a link from the horsestreet site about the ants:

http://www.horsestreet.com/freestuff/articles/ants/index.html

Binder
05-06-2004, 05:01 AM
Interesting stuff
Thank you

I thought they were the Arizona Wildcats
The Arizona Ants were vicious:)

Dan
05-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Hello Richie,

I am a very satisfied HSH user. The software is unbelievable.

I can really say that I wasted about a year and a half trying to develop my own system where what I was trying to do was there all the time in HSH - and more.

One example would be with my old system, I was creating Pace factors for about 3 cards a day. I had to download the files, run some programs to massage the data, import the files, and run a whole set of different programs. A real hassle to get possible picks for only 3 cards.

But with HSH, like last Saturday, just download and import the cards and you are ready to go. I could have played any of the 354 races that day with a variety of tools and methods. Then instantly load the results for all the races the next day.

Ants are just one part of the arsenal of tools that Dave gives you to use. I think that about every manual type of handicapping method you try to do can be done someway or another in HSH.

Support is unbelievable. Questions and issues get resolved immediately. They really go out of their way in supporting their users. I wish other computer software vendors could learn from them on how to support their customers and keep them happy.

Dan

delayjf
05-06-2004, 04:18 PM
Can you give me a clue?? I've searched as far back as the beginning of the year and no joy. Sounds like something I'd like to copy to my "Best of PA" file.

eclecticapper
05-06-2004, 04:37 PM
I'm not sure exactly where/when it appeared on PA, but here's a link to a similar discussion on the horsestreet.com website:

http://www.horsestreet.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000042.html

It was posted on the horsestreet board in Sept. 2003, so the original post on PA was likely in August/September 2003.

socantra
05-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by delayjf
Can you give me a clue?? I've searched as far back as the beginning of the year and no joy. Sounds like something I'd like to copy to my "Best of PA" file.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7313&highlight=form

I think that will get you there. If not, the thread is in the "General Handicapping Discussion" forum,, started by Larry Hamilton under the name "The last Piece--FORM", on 08-14-2003.

Its definitely a keeper.

socantra.....

Tom
05-07-2004, 11:50 PM
That's the one. A PA classic thread.
And a tip o the fedora to Hurrikane-he was the one who gave me idea of the 100 days "rule" that I been using wtih great success ever since. Come to think of it, he gave me the favorite elimination
guidlines using ML and a HTR factor as well. If you have some really effective elimination rules that perform consistently, it makes handicapping so much quicker and easier.

Binder
05-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Calder 0515 Race 11

psst.......... hey buddy want a hot tip?

Thanks Shanta
Thank you for sharing such a great selection
and thank you horsestreet = Top Pick @ 23/1

7 Hatton Cross 49.40 14.00 4.40
3 Touch Softly 4.80 2.60
2 Rageously 2.20
9 Red's Place