PDA

View Full Version : You're lying!

DJofSD
10-31-2014, 12:02 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/innovations/wp/2014/10/31/what-happens-when-your-friends-smartphone-can-tell-that-youre-lying/

What happens when your friend’s smartphone can tell that you’re lying

We are nearing a point where our smartphones will be able to recognize a face or voice, in real life or on-screen. And identification is only the most basic of the possibilities. Many app-makers are experimenting with software that can also analyze – able to determine someone’s emotions or honesty just by a few facial cues.

A must have for reporters in the White House press corp.

dartman51
10-31-2014, 12:39 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/innovations/wp/2014/10/31/what-happens-when-your-friends-smartphone-can-tell-that-youre-lying/

What happens when your friend’s smartphone can tell that you’re lying

A must have for reporters in the White House press corp.

:lol: They would, no doubt, be banned from the WH press room.

thaskalos
10-31-2014, 01:17 PM
These "smartphones" ain't so smart. I tried using my smartphone to type a recent paceadvantage post...and it took me 10 tries to type the word "lamboguy" -- and I had to get creative to finally do it. Every time I typed out the word "lamboguy"...my smartphone would change it to the word "Lambert".

Smartphone, my ass... :bang:

_______
10-31-2014, 01:35 PM
These "smartphones" ain't so smart. I tried using my smartphone to type a recent paceadvantage post...and it took me 10 tries to type the word "lamboguy" -- and I had to get creative to finally do it. Every time I typed out the word "lamboguy"...my smartphone would change it to the word "Lambert".

You should have an option to add a word to the dictionary your spellcheck accepts. I understand the frustration, though. I have sent emails where what I meant to say was meaningfully changed by a spellcheck I didn't catch until after hitting send.

Tom
10-31-2014, 04:38 PM

I've met him in person - really nice guy.
He might change his name if your ask him. ;)