PDA

View Full Version : At what point do they equal Nazi Germany?

JustRalph
10-30-2014, 11:26 PM
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/10/195263-set-right-leg-fire-survivors-isis-massacre-recount-dodged-almost-certain-death/

At what point does a consensus of countries, good men, leaders of righteous good decide that these animals are equal to the Nazi horrors?

Where is the line drawn? What do they have to do to step over the line?

These groups that follow ISIS.....and act in the same vein in countries like Yemen, etc......they are growing unchecked.

Hundreds of missing and enslaved women and girls, widespread executions, debauchereous actions of an inhumane nature forced upon women of different countries do not add up to an equal kind of horror that divided the world in the nineteen forties?

I submit that it does. It is us that has changed. We no longer have the stomach to judge, identify evil and most of all, fight the good fight.

We also lack the leaders necessary to form a righteous coalition of good men to fight this evil that rests comfortably knowing that they face no serious threat. Are there no men left? Only politicians made of dubious qualities that serve only themselves. Where do we find another Churchill?

davew
10-30-2014, 11:44 PM
its only a few of a peaceful religion (something like 20%) that would do such things

Greyfox
10-31-2014, 01:46 AM
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/10/195263-set-right-leg-fire-survivors-isis-massacre-recount-dodged-almost-certain-death/

At what point does a consensus of countries, good men, leaders of righteous good decide that these animals are equal to the Nazi horrors?

These groups that follow ISIS.....and act in the same vein in countries like Yemen, etc......they are growing unchecked.

Hundreds of missing and enslaved women and girls, widespread executions, debauchereous actions of an inhumane nature forced upon women of different countries do not add up to an equal kind of horror that divided the world in the nineteen forties?

I submit that it does. It is us that has changed. We no longer have the stomach to judge, identify evil and most of all, fight the good fight.

We also lack the leaders necessary to form a righteous coalition of good men to fight this evil that rests comfortably knowing that they face no serious threat. Are there no men left? Only politicians made of dubious qualities that serve only themselves. Where do we find another Churchill?

Post of the Month competitor! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

HUSKER55
10-31-2014, 03:23 AM
good point Ralph.

but,.....Houston, we have a problem

BO and Hillary both squat to piss

TJDave
10-31-2014, 03:42 AM
We lost 183,855 troops fighting the Nazi scourge.

A show of hands of all here willing to support that kind of commitment.

Marshall Bennett
10-31-2014, 04:46 AM
Too late to really make a difference. What Dave and Huskers said sums it up.
Liberals have said all along that it's not our problem, let them deal with it. Well, now it's our problem, and the solution is going to be ugly.
This enemy is worse than the Nazis. They don't even value their own lives.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-31-2014, 05:13 AM
We lost 183,855 troops fighting the Nazi scourge.

A show of hands of all here willing to support that kind of commitment.

TJDave, I'm going to spare you for now until you explain yourself further. No one wants to lose another 183,855 troops. No one wanted to lose 100,000 troops, or 200,000, but the Nazi's didn't give our country or anyone who wanted a free and safe world any choice (at least as free and safe as it had been up to that point.) It took "Whatever It Takes." I see the same thing here. We can either convert to their style of evil ISIS version of Sunni Islam, get on all fours and get slaughtered, or we can fight them. I don't know what kind of commitment it will take, but at least I know it's going to take "Whatever It Takes."

If we'd have asked 183,855 and said "No", where would the world be now, or the last 73+ years?

Forget hypothetical numbers. Do you think we need to do "Whatever It Takes", convert, or let them come and execute us, and most of the world?

Where do you stand TJDave, because I don't know from your post as written.

I sure as hell hope it doesn't come to having to take these actions, but if it does, where do you stand?

fast4522
10-31-2014, 07:04 AM
good point Ralph.

When you ask a person to make decisions that they are not comfortable making the results are often not what most would expect. Compound that with the fact that said decisions involve other peoples sons and daughters has me on the fence. Just look at the examples set with other peoples money.

Robert Goren
10-31-2014, 07:17 AM

We also lack the leaders necessary to form a righteous coalition of good men to fight this evil that rests comfortably knowing that they face no serious threat. Are there no men left? Only politicians made of dubious qualities that serve only themselves. Where do we find another Churchill?So now you want to invade Mexico too? Everything you said about inhumane treatment applies to large parts of Mexico and other Latin American countries too. It also applies to large hunks of Africa and Asia. There is no shortage of evil out there. Sadly ISIS only has one franchise of it.

Tom
10-31-2014, 07:30 AM
Nazis and muslims - same team during WWII.
No difference, then or now.

And Bobby, I have LONG advocated war with Mexico.
They are our enemy.

Robert Goren
10-31-2014, 07:39 AM

They are our enemy. How many wars can we fight at the same time?

HUSKER55
10-31-2014, 07:57 AM
just one if we do it right.

right now the USA says no and everyone laughs and keeps right on doing what ever the hell they want.

remember in the movie TORA! TORA! TORA! when the admiral said "all we have done is waken a sleeping dog"?

Dog is awake but he has no teeth, and no clue.

lamboguy
10-31-2014, 08:25 AM
the wold keep turning, but we have to learn from history. people don't change, only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

for those that don't know what the world is all about, its pretty simple. either you are doing the eating or something else is eating you up.

in broad day light we are witnessing the newest generation of scum bum dirty rats that have to be forced out of their holes and eliminated. it doesn't matter which innocent person they are hiding behind, if the innocent goes down with them, that's life.

the reason why i know that i am right is that when we see the unconscionable acts on video, the culprits have their faces covered up an their voices scrambled. that is telling me this has nothing to do with religion, just some madman that is leading their lemming follower's that are also demented. the religion part is just a smokescreen to keep their follower's in line.

they are scaring their own mother's and children to make sure their evil ways are embedded into their culture to ruin the world.

our problem is we have no strong leaders in our world today that are prepared to sacrifice for the good of all mankind

HUSKER55
10-31-2014, 09:54 AM
well put!

mostpost
10-31-2014, 10:11 AM

Not even close. The Nazis murdered six million Jews and millions of Gypsies, homosexuals and mentally retarded. That doesn't even count the tens of millions who died in the war.

Unquestionably ISIS and groups like it have committed terrible atrocities, but for volume the Nazis far exceed them. What makes the ISIS actions seem as bad is the instant news cycle we have now. When something happens in the Middle East today, we not only hear about it today, we see it today. And social media lets us discuss it for days afterwards.

Today's leaders have done much to combat terrorism; from the war against the Taliban in Afghanistan and Irag to the more precision strikes against terrorist outposts to the air strikes and providing of weapons and materials to those fighting ISIS today.

Tell me. What did the leaders of the 1930's do when Hitler annexed Austria? What did they do when he invaded the Sudetenland? What did they do when Hitler began persecuting the Jews? They looked the other way. We all know the name Neville Chamberlain, but the French were also involved at Munich.

You are correct. ISIS are not nice people, but you are wrong that nothing is being done about them. And you are wrong that-at the beginning-previous leaders handled that situation any better.

Robert Goren
10-31-2014, 10:22 AM
There is not enough of us to be everywhere Evil rears its ugly head. We need help. I have not seen more than token help against ISIS. Some of the people threatened most by ISIS are actually hindering our effort. The message to us seems to be " Go get them, America. But don't do anything that would look like we are helping you in any way". I find that unacceptable. If the locals are not willing to fight to keep their heads, why should we? Am I the only one that feels that way?

thaskalos
10-31-2014, 10:24 AM
for those that don't know what the world is all about, its pretty simple. either you are doing the eating or something else is eating you up.

in broad day light we are witnessing the newest generation of scum bum dirty rats that have to be forced out of their holes and eliminated. it doesn't matter which innocent person they are hiding behind, if the innocent goes down with them, that's life.

If this is what the world is all about...then I want no part of it. This "dog eat dog" world belongs to the medieval ages...not to the "enlightened" age, which finds man walking on the moon. When you subscribe to the theory that "either you are doing the eating, or something else is eating you up"...then you shouldn't be surprised when you see blood-thirsty groups like ISIS sprouting up. They want to "eat" too...

Tom
10-31-2014, 10:26 AM
We line our troops up along our southern border and put in mine fields to fill in gaps.

Now we solve two problems - drug lord come withing 50 miles of the fence we blast them with drones, artillery, whatever fits the case.

mostpost
10-31-2014, 10:37 AM

They are our enemy.
And of course you came to this conclusion based on your long service in the military. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
10-31-2014, 10:45 AM
And of course you came to this conclusion based on your long service in the military. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:That doesn't stop Obama. Didn't stop Clinton either...and I take it you voted for both... :lol:

boxcar
10-31-2014, 10:55 AM
If this is what the world is all about...then I want no part of it. This "dog eat dog" world belongs to the medieval ages...not to the "enlightened" age, which finds man walking on the moon. When you subscribe to the theory that "either you are doing the eating, or something else is eating you up"...then you shouldn't be surprised when you see blood-thirsty groups like ISIS sprouting up. They want to "eat" too...

So, "enlightenment" in your world is narrowly defined by man's technological achievements?

thaskalos
10-31-2014, 11:03 AM
So, "enlightenment" in your world is narrowly defined by man's technological achievements?
No...I just used the "moon-walking" as an example. "Enlightenment" to me means a philosophy of life which separates us from the animals. Believing that you should eat the next guy before he eats you has animalistic characteristics...and it doesn't appeal to me much. Having noted your deeply religious nature...I have to think that you would agree with me...no?

FantasticDan
10-31-2014, 11:12 AM
Terrific post, Mosty. :ThmbUp:

Not even close. The Nazis murdered six million Jews and millions of Gypsies, homosexuals and mentally retarded. That doesn't even count the tens of millions who died in the war.

Unquestionably ISIS and groups like it have committed terrible atrocities, but for volume the Nazis far exceed them. What makes the ISIS actions seem as bad is the instant news cycle we have now. When something happens in the Middle East today, we not only hear about it today, we see it today. And social media lets us discuss it for days afterwards.

Today's leaders have done much to combat terrorism; from the war against the Taliban in Afghanistan and Irag to the more precision strikes against terrorist outposts to the air strikes and providing of weapons and materials to those fighting ISIS today.

Tell me. What did the leaders of the 1930's do when Hitler annexed Austria? What did they do when he invaded the Sudetenland? What did they do when Hitler began persecuting the Jews? They looked the other way. We all know the name Neville Chamberlain, but the French were also involved at Munich.

You are correct. ISIS are not nice people, but you are wrong that nothing is being done about them. And you are wrong that-at the beginning-previous leaders handled that situation any better.

PaceAdvantage
10-31-2014, 11:16 AM
Terrific post, Mosty. :ThmbUp:Not really. Precisely because we waited so long to get involved, is this not one of the reasons why the loss of life was so high in WWII?

Let's not learn from history's past lessons. Let's repeat them.

Good move.

Terrific even, as you say... :rolleyes:

AndyC
10-31-2014, 11:34 AM

Are you suggesting that the US is the cause of a group like ISIS sprouting up? When a group says that one of their goals is to eliminate the US off the face of the earth, what should the enlightened response be?

thaskalos
10-31-2014, 11:53 AM
Are you suggesting that the US is the cause of a group like ISIS sprouting up? When a group says that one of their goals is to eliminate the US off the face of the earth, what should the enlightened response be?
Is that what I said? When did I mention anything about the USA? I was responding to lamboguy...who said that, in this world...if you are not doing the eating then someone is eating you up. Be a little more careful when you accuse people of things.

OntheRail
10-31-2014, 12:27 PM
There is not enough of us to be everywhere Evil rears its ugly head. We need help. I have not seen more than token help against ISIS. Some of the people threatened most by ISIS are actually hindering our effort. The message to us seems to be " Go get them, America. But don't do anything that would look like we are helping you in any way". I find that unacceptable. If the locals are not willing to fight to keep their heads, why should we? Am I the only one that feels that way?

If you kick the shit out of them in a divisive... spectacular manner. As we did in back in the Day... no half measures... no moving lines in the sand. Shitheads big and small tend to walk quietly and not to draw attention and when they do make dust a simple look it their direction snaps them back in line. It's always better to be feared then respected ( ISIS is using this tactic ). But Obama... Mr. Feckless has made sure we are neither.

9WlqW6UCeaY

XsFR8DbSRQE

Nobody want to follow a Leader... that wants to lead from behind.

JustRalph
10-31-2014, 12:29 PM
Not really. Precisely because we waited so long to get involved, is this not one of the reasons why the loss of life was so high in WWII?

Let's not learn from history's past lessons. Let's repeat them.

Good move.

Terrific even, as you say... :rolleyes:

beat me to it. That is such an obvious point to take away from the naivety of mosties post.

I think in short term thinking, Thask makes a very good philosophical point. But in the real world, using hindsight and obvious history to draw a conclusion, Phil is much more accurate as to what our world is all about. Lambo views the long view, Thask the short, hopeful and more sophisticated. One is a goal, the other a reality.

It's a perfect paradox in some ways. Killing to stop killing. Self awareness is a bitch.........but it's what makes us a higher being. It's also what makes us contemplate these things. I take that as a good sign. We have the luxury of these discussions. Most in our world don't.

Throw in the American values, spirit and the history of our country in these tough situations and I go back to my premise that we have no leadership. We are once again standing by. The longer this goes on, the harder to correct it.

Those who say it is none of our business I think ignore the obvious conclusion. Looking the other way brings about a plaque upon Europe that is already rearing its ugly head. Then a changing society here in the U.S.
Then what occurs on the streets here is a guess, but history shows it could be really bad. Yet we wait.

When you look back in history you realize that the United States has stepped up before. WWII the greatest example, but only after being attacked. The Berlin Air lift etc but many of those events in hindsight were less than what was needed at the time. For once I wish we could be out in front of a historical moment and truly shape the events early and often.

I fear we have not one leader willing to take that step.

Marshall Bennett
10-31-2014, 12:34 PM
I don't recall hearing that Nazi's sacrificed their own women and children as shields. I don't recall Nazis strapping explosives to themselves and their vehicles and used as weapons. The vast majority of atrocities carried out were conjured up by a rather small group and carried out by stern orders. In the case of ISIS, nearly all those fighting share with each other the same evil mindset that is the basis of it's existence. Had the assassination attempts on Hitler been successful, chances are the war with Germany would have ended sooner. This is not the case with ISIS. As ISIS grows and expands, so does the sentiment shared by each of it's members. Removing a portion of it wouldn't end the determination, anger, and evilness that drives it.
They do share one thing in common for sure. They both grew to a force dangerous to the rest of the world. Though ISIS is much smaller, their minds and what drives them is much more dangerous.

FantasticDan
10-31-2014, 12:38 PM
beat me to it. That is such an obvious point to take away from the naivety of mosties post.Mosty made clear that we have been very "involved" in combating terrorism. Apparently you and PA missed that, you were probably too distracted by Mosty's "naivety".

Clocker
10-31-2014, 12:38 PM

Not since Kennedy and Reagan showed how to deal with the Russians.

PaceAdvantage
10-31-2014, 12:40 PM
Mosty made clear that we have been very "involved" in combating terrorism.So involved in fact, that this whole ISIS (or ISIL if you're Obama) thing was able to grow roots and spread like wildfire thus far.

You can always blame it on Bush though, because that will make it all go away... :bang: :bang: :bang: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clocker
10-31-2014, 12:47 PM
So involved in fact, that this whole ISIS (or ISIL if you're Obama) thing was able to grow roots and spread like wildfire thus far.

The president was very busy tracking down those responsible for Benghazi. And drawing red lines in the sands of Syria. And trying to keep that chickenshit Netanyahu from screwing up a nuclear compromise with Iran. That's all big time stuff, and ISIS is just the jayvees.

AndyC
10-31-2014, 12:49 PM
Is that what I said? When did I mention anything about the USA? I was responding to lamboguy...who said that, in this world...if you are not doing the eating then someone is eating you up. Be a little more careful when you accuse people of things.

Let's go another direction. Who is "you" in the sentence, "When you subscribe to the theory that "either you are doing the eating, or something else is eating you up"...then you shouldn't be surprised when you see blood-thirsty groups like ISIS sprouting up. They want to "eat" too..."

I thought I was careful not to accuse. That is why I asked the questions. If the questions implied an accusation, I am sorry.

HUSKER55
10-31-2014, 12:51 PM
Clocker, I must warn you that, by definition, that makes BO a vulnerable favorite, if you buy into that.

My $2 goes on option "B" :D

thaskalos
10-31-2014, 12:58 PM
beat me to it. That is such an obvious point to take away from the naivety of mosties post.

I think in short term thinking, Thask makes a very good philosophical point. But in the real world, using hindsight and obvious history to draw a conclusion, Phil is much more accurate as to what our world is all about. Lambo views the long view, Thask the short, hopeful and more sophisticated. One is a goal, the other a reality.

It's a perfect paradox in some ways. Killing to stop killing. Self awareness is a bitch.........but it's what makes us a higher being. It's also what makes us contemplate these things. I take that as a good sign. We have the luxury of these discussions. Most in our world don't.

Throw in the American values, spirit and the history of our country in these tough situations and I go back to my premise that we have no leadership. We are once again standing by. The longer this goes on, the harder to correct it.

Those who say it is none of our business I think ignore the obvious conclusion. Looking the other way brings about a plaque upon Europe that is already rearing its ugly head. Then a changing society here in the U.S.
Then what occurs on the streets here is a guess, but history shows it could be really bad. Yet we wait.

When you look back in history you realize that the United States has stepped up before. WWII the greatest example, but only after being attacked. The Berlin Air lift etc but many of those events in hindsight were less than what was needed at the time. For once I wish we could be out in front of a historical moment and truly shape the events early and often.

Ralph...I don't look at the world as it is, and ask "why?"; I look at the world as it SHOULD be...and ask, "WHY NOT?." I am not a pacifist...but I have come to the realization that violence and aggression have their limitations as peacekeepers in this world of ours. You create ENEMIES when you are in constant fighting mode...and these enemies sometimes gang up on you. I am not talking about just the USA here...every dominant country since the beginning of time has tried violence as the way to exert its agenda upon the world...and every single dominant country has ultimately failed.

I know how the world is at the present time...I see it all around me. But do I have to like it? Is it wrong to hope that man will finally realize that there is something within him that separates him from the animals?

thaskalos
10-31-2014, 01:06 PM
Let's go another direction. Who is "you" in the sentence, "When you subscribe to the theory that "either you are doing the eating, or something else is eating you up"...then you shouldn't be surprised when you see blood-thirsty groups like ISIS sprouting up. They want to "eat" too..."

I thought I was careful not to accuse. That is why I asked the questions. If the questions implied an accusation, I am sorry.

The "YOU" in my reply was lamboguy...the person who suggested that "in this world, if you are not doing the eating then someone else is eating you up. LAMBOGUY is the only person whom I've ever seen describe the world is such a manner...so, to WHOM would I direct the "you" that I used in my post?

It's my turn now to ask YOU a question:

Do YOU agree that, in this world, "if you are not doing the eating then somebody else is eating you up"? Is this description of the world ACCURATE...as far as you are concerned?

Greyfox
10-31-2014, 01:12 PM
Is it wrong to hope that man will finally realize that there is something within him that separates him from the animals?

Philosophically, you are right of course.
We should try and rise above animal instincts.
But when rabid dogs approach they have to be put down.
You just can't say "Nice dog, heel."
Islamic terrorists are rabid in the belief that Allah via Mohammed has commanded them to kill infidels.
Dieing for Allah is a goal to be sought.
These terrorists have very sick mindsets.
Raping women, taking them as slaves, burying men and children alive, beheading infidels, gives them savage delight.
Our western mindset does not comprehend at all their mesmerized states.
But they are rabid, and unfortunately, to preserve what freedoms and libertys we cherish and our forefathers fought for, they must be wiped from the face of the earth, which is in line with their sick wishes anyways.

BlueShoe
10-31-2014, 01:22 PM
its only a few of a peaceful religion (something like 20%) that would do such things
There are an estimated 1.6 billion Muslims on the planet. So that means that we only have to kill 320 million of them before they kill us?? :rolleyes: :eek:

thaskalos
10-31-2014, 01:26 PM
Philosophically, you are right of course.
We should try and rise above animal instincts.
But when rabid dogs approach they have to be put down.
You just can't say "Nice dog, heel."
Islamic terrorists are rabid in the belief that Allah via Mohammed has commanded them to kill infidels.
Dieing for Allah is a goal to be sought.
These terrorists have very sick mindsets.
Raping women, taking them as slaves, burying men and children alive, beheading infidels, gives them savage delight.
Our western mindset does not comprehend at all their mesmerized states.
But they are rabid, and unfortunately, to preserve what freedoms and libertys we cherish and our forefathers fought for, they must be wiped from the face of the earth, which is in line with their sick wishes anyways.

Is the rabid dog approaching...or are WE approaching the rabid dog?

BlueShoe
10-31-2014, 01:32 PM
remember in the movie TORA! TORA! TORA! when the admiral said "all we have done is waken a sleeping dog"?
While Tora! Tora! Tora! is by far the best film based on the Pearl Harbor attack, historians have said that it is doubtful if Admiral Isoruku Yamamoto ever uttered those words about awakening a sleeping giant and filling him with a terrible resolve, they were just lines added to the movie. Yamamoto liked and admired Americans, having spent time here, and was very reluctant about going to war with us, and may have expressed those thoughts at an earlier time.

Greyfox
10-31-2014, 01:34 PM
Is the rabid dog approaching...or are WE approaching the rabid dog?

Leave unto Caesar what Caesar thinks is his, eh?
You don't seem to have much empathy for the Kurds and Christians in the region who have been slaughtered.
Turn a blind eye, to it eh?
That proves we're reaching humane goals eh? Just ignore them. Watch genocide take place, eh?
Me thinks not.

thaskalos
10-31-2014, 01:34 PM
While Tora! Tora! Tora! is by far the best film based on the Pearl Harbor attack, historians have said that it is doubtful if Admiral Isoruku Yamamoto ever uttered those words about awakening a sleeping giant and filling him with a terrible resolve, they were just lines added to the movie. Yamamoto liked and admired Americans, having spent time here, and was very reluctant about going to war with us, and may have expressed those thoughts at an earlier time.

It is also doubtful that we didn't have advanced warning that this attack was about to take place.

JustRalph
10-31-2014, 01:56 PM
There are an estimated 1.6 billion Muslims on the planet. So that means that we only have to kill 320 million of them before they kill us?? :rolleyes: :eek:

Most don't understand this. It needs to be repeated.

thaskalos
10-31-2014, 02:01 PM
Leave unto Caesar what Caesar thinks is his, eh?
You don't seem to have much empathy for the Kurds and Christians in the region who have been slaughtered.
Turn a blind eye, to it eh?
That proves we're reaching humane goals eh? Just ignore them. Watch genocide take place, eh?
Me thinks not.

I have empathy for the entire world; all I did was comment on your point that "the rabid dog was approaching". The rabid dog wasn't approaching...we approached the rabid dog. Like that other rabid dog that we approached...Saddam -- whom we helped create in the first place. Are you also of the opinion that we dealt with THAT "rabid dog"...because he posed a threat to "the freedoms and liberties that our forefathers fought for"?

Greyfox
10-31-2014, 02:17 PM
Like that other rabid dog that we approached...Saddam -- whom we helped create in the first place. Are you also of the opinion that we dealt with THAT "rabid dog"...because he posed a threat to "the freedoms and liberties that our forefathers fought for"?

The time to pursue Saddam was when he occupied Quwait in the first Gulf War.
I was not in favor of the second Iraq war and thought Bush Jr. was wrong in initiating that action at the time.
I also think that Bush and Cheney set Colin Powell up as a patsy to go to the UN with faulty information.
But it doesn't matter what I thought then.
What matters is what I think now so let's not take this thread off course.
We're talking here about dealing with ISIS.

HUSKER55
10-31-2014, 02:37 PM

of course you are correct. I was trying to make a point and that is the first thing that popped into my mind.

BTW: These days I am lucky if anything pops anywhere... :rolleyes: :D

mostpost
10-31-2014, 02:45 PM
good point Ralph.

How is this different from Capper Al's Circle Jay comments? Never Mind; I know. It was written by a conservative.

mostpost
10-31-2014, 02:52 PM
That doesn't stop Obama. Didn't stop Clinton either...and I take it you voted for both... :lol:
When did Obama, or Clinton advocate war with Mexico? When did either of them advocate genocide against Muslims? Tom has done both.

Clocker
10-31-2014, 02:59 PM
When did Obama, or Clinton advocate war with Mexico? When did either of them advocate genocide against Muslims? Tom has done both.

You think that might hurt Tom's shot at the presidency in 2016? :eek:

PaceAdvantage
10-31-2014, 03:19 PM
How is this different from Capper Al's Circle Jay comments? Never Mind; I know. It was written by a conservative.It wasn't Capper Al who made that comment recently. It was hcap. And it was VERY different.

Ask hcap how many times I've let him get away with the circle jerk comments. MANY. But he upped the ante significantly last time out, thus generating a comment from me.

But I thank you very much for acting as the board hall monitor. Without guys like you, where would I be?

PaceAdvantage
10-31-2014, 03:21 PM
When did Obama, or Clinton advocate war with Mexico? When did either of them advocate genocide against Muslims? Tom has done both.Nice try. But not working.

YOU equated lack of military experience to being incapable or unworthy of making military-related comments or decisions.

I took it to its natural next level. You voted for two such people FOR PRESIDENT and had NO problem with that...but now you have a problem with Tom, who's just SOME ORDINARY GUY (sorry Tom) posting on a message board.

Your priorities are severely mixed up, it would seem.

mostpost
10-31-2014, 03:24 PM
It wasn't Capper Al who made that comment recently. It was hcap. And it was VERY different.

Ask hcap how many times I've let him get away with the circle jerk comments. MANY. But he upped the ante significantly last time out, thus generating a comment from me.

But I thank you very much for acting as the board hall monitor. Without guys like you, where would I be?
It was indeed Hcap. The point stands. Husker's comment was unnecessarily crude.

TJDave
10-31-2014, 03:29 PM
Why would we go to war with Mexico when we could buy the whole country for $6.95?

AndyC
10-31-2014, 03:35 PM
Do YOU agree that, in this world, "if you are not doing the eating then somebody else is eating you up"? Is this description of the world ACCURATE...as far as you are concerned?

Taking the question at face value, of course I don't agree. I think the underlying point of the statement might be that if you sit idly by and let the monster grow that it will lead to your own demise.

HUSKER55
10-31-2014, 04:25 PM
It was indeed Hcap. The point stands. Husker's comment was unnecessarily crude.

I might be crude but I am also correct.

BTW it is no different than you and hcap name calling and "circle jerking" comments.

Tom
10-31-2014, 04:28 PM
but now you have a problem with Tom, who's just SOME ORDINARY GUY (sorry Tom) posting on a message board.

Well, for NOW, maybe, but I am talking names.......just saying.

Clocker
10-31-2014, 04:43 PM
Well, for NOW, maybe, but I am talking names.......just saying.

Be very afraid. :eek:

http://daddytypes.com/archive/planet_apes_cage.jpg

GaryG
10-31-2014, 04:53 PM
It was indeed Hcap. The point stands. Husker's comment was unnecessarily crude.Sometimes the truth can be unnecessarily crude.

JustRalph
11-07-2014, 02:28 AM
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/571929/20141106/isis-sex-slaves-pricelist-iraq-news.htm#.VFx0S4hOKrV

A price list for stolen women and children..........

"The market to sell women and spoils of war has been experiencing a significant decrease, which has adversely affected ISIS revenue and financing of the Mujahideen," the document said. Therefore, the ISIS set its tariff for everyone to strictly adhere to. The group threatens that whoever violates the tariff will be executed. The group also imposed a maximum number of purchases to three women only. Only foreigners like Turks, Syrians and Gulf Arabs are allowed to purchase more than three slaves.

The pricelist showed only Yazidi and Christian women are being sold. Women aged 40 to 50 years old is being sold for 50,000 dinars. Those 30 to 40 years of age is being sold for 75,000 dinars and 20 to 30 years of age is being sold for 100,000 dinars, as listed to the official copy of the document obtained by the Iraqi News."

davew
11-07-2014, 03:31 AM
So involved in fact, that this whole ISIS (or ISIL if you're Obama) thing was able to grow roots and spread like wildfire thus far.

You can always blame it on Bush though, because that will make it all go away... :bang: :bang: :bang: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bush helped start ISIS by bringing them all together at camp Bucca

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/roots-of-isis-traced-to-american-prison/

http://gulfnews.com/news/region/iraq/how-camp-bucca-gave-birth-to-daesh-1.1408916

JustRalph
11-16-2014, 04:32 PM
Inching closer?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20141116/ml--islamic_state-88bc9d7fdd.html

Beheading another American and 15 more

HUSKER55
11-16-2014, 04:34 PM
what is the magic number before we call this what it is?

Clocker
11-16-2014, 04:50 PM

You mean a man-caused disaster? :eek:

TJDave
11-16-2014, 05:06 PM
Inching closer?

Kassig converted to Islam. Look where it got him. More should be made of this.

tucker6
11-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Curious, but what would it be?

HUSKER55
11-16-2014, 06:47 PM
these guys are no different than any other man made hate driven machine.

My point was....do we wait for another 6 million or learn our lesson from history?

I thought my point was obvious. I apologize because it was not.

tucker6
11-16-2014, 07:26 PM
these guys are no different than any other man made hate driven machine.

My point was....do we wait for another 6 million or learn our lesson from history?

I thought my point was obvious. I apologize because it was not.
Thanks for the reply. I don't see it as much a nazi-type regime as I do a Stalinist-type regime. Supreme repression of all potential subversive activity.

Saratoga_Mike
11-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Inching closer?

I'm confused by your position on this matter.

Do you support large-scale, US combat troops in Iraq and Syria to engage/kill off ISIS? Yes or no?

I do not.

TJDave
11-16-2014, 08:03 PM

Do you support large-scale, US combat troops in Iraq and Syria to engage/kill off ISIS? Yes or no?

I do not.

I believe the only way to defeat ISIS is what you have suggested. I also believe there is no political will for such an effort.

Marshall Bennett
11-16-2014, 08:05 PM

I do not.
When would you support a large-scale US combat involvement? Ever?

JustRalph
11-16-2014, 10:23 PM
When would you support a large-scale US combat involvement? Ever?

Beat me to it.

Don't be confused. I would support a large scale effort emphasizing an all out offensive against these guys right where they live. Right in the middle of Iraq. I would hope it would include the Brits and Germany et al. I also believe that it should be an "all out air war" to begin. Then after softening, go back to the plan I proposed before. An Allied style base in the middle of Irag. You can do the math from there......

Sitting on our asses is not doing any good and Americans are still having their heads cut off while Obama twiddles his thumbs.

HUSKER55
11-17-2014, 03:44 AM
ya know, BO, Biden and Hillary's inaction is the same thing as sanctioning it.

In that circle, that is exactly what that means.

Marshall Bennett
11-17-2014, 05:45 AM
I believe many were hoping that following the mid-terms we might do a lot more towards curbing this crisis, that it was a delay due to politics. It's still only been a couple weeks, but chances are as most already knew, we have a wimp for a leader who would rather be a coward and let it fall on his successor's watch.
Expect two more years of the same, unless by then ISIS has attacked us here at home full-out. Now wouldn't that be nice? :cool:

Robert Goren
11-17-2014, 06:02 AM
Beat me to it.

Don't be confused. I would support a large scale effort emphasizing an all out offensive against these guys right where they live. Right in the middle of Iraq. I would hope it would include the Brits and Germany et al. I also believe that it should be an "all out air war" to begin. Then after softening, go back to the plan I proposed before. An Allied style base in the middle of Irag. You can do the math from there......

Sitting on our asses is not doing any good and Americans are still having their heads cut off while Obama twiddles his thumbs.The entire German army consists of than 65,000 troops. It is unlikely they would be of any help.

Robert Goren
11-17-2014, 06:07 AM
We invade, they disappear into the cracks and pop out every so often for a high reward, low cost terrorist attack on our troops. We have been down this road before. The road was called Vietnam.

JustRalph
11-17-2014, 06:13 AM
The entire German army consists of than 65,000 troops. It is unlikely they would be of any help.

And their Air Force has 30k members and over 400 aircraft. Trained by the U.S.

They could be a significant factor. The Brits and the French have been impacted by Islamic extremists more, but Germany and Merkel might join the party. If not, too bad. There are others.

They grow stronger every day. Next up Iran has a nuclear bomb. Every day Obama continues to fiddle while Rome burns.

tucker6
11-17-2014, 06:23 AM
We invade, they disappear into the cracks and pop out every so often for a high reward, low cost terrorist attack on our troops. We have been down this road before. The road was called Vietnam.
I agree with you. At some point, the people there need to rise up and solve the problems they have on their own. Can they and will they? Doubtful at this time, but a full scale invasion is just as bad as it will create more jihadists. I don't have an answer, but an invasion isn't one of them. Been there done that.

fast4522
11-17-2014, 06:31 AM
Well, they are growing and will try to mark easier targets before they get here. France or England might take a hit before us, that will be the stir before the pot heats up. I still like JR's ideas from last year, go to Iraq and open the tap and fill our tankers free for being there.

Robert Goren
11-17-2014, 06:36 AM
Well, they are growing and will try to mark easier targets before they get here. France or England might take a hit before us, that will be the stir before the pot heats up. I still like JR's ideas from last year, go to Iraq and open the tap and fill our tankers free for being there. That would lead to some fine oil well fires. And I believe Red Adair is dead.

fast4522
11-17-2014, 07:14 AM
Lonesome Dove returns,

I think the projections about the percentage of radicalized Muslims are low by 10 percent. I also think our ability to kill radicalized Muslims is second to none.

Clocker
11-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Obama draws a red line.

Obama said, “There are always circumstances, in which the United States might need to deploy US ground troops. If we discovered that ISIL had gotten possession of a nuclear weapon, and we had to run an operation to get it out of their hands, then yes, you can anticipate that not only would Chairman Dempsey recommend me sending U.S. ground troops to get that weapon out of their hands, but I would order it.”

Obama chuckled as he spoke about ISIS obtaining nuclear weapons.

Story here. (http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/11/17/obama-says-hell-send-ground-troops-to-fight-isis-but-only-if-they-get-a-nuclear-weapon/)

horses4courses
11-17-2014, 01:02 PM
Intelligence piecing together the identities of some of the leaders.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/17/us-mideast-crisis-beheading-britain-idUSKCN0J10PU20141117?utm_source=twitter

classhandicapper
11-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Where's Carrie Mathison when you need her?

fast4522
11-17-2014, 07:56 PM
Where's Carrie Mathison when you need her?

Ah the praying mantis.

JustRalph
12-17-2014, 08:03 PM
200 dead uncovered in a mass grave today. Killed by ISIS

Sound familiar

HUSKER55
12-17-2014, 09:36 PM
AND look how long that took....

JustRalph
12-18-2014, 12:26 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2014/12/17/isis-slaughters-150-females-in-iraq-for-refusing-to-marry-have-sex-with-militants/

150 women killed for not bowing to them

I ask the original question again? When?

woodtoo
12-18-2014, 03:22 PM
IMO they have surpassed Nazis, a better question may be who will stop them? Or who will lead the REAL charge against them, other muslums or muslum countries? Well they don't appear to have any leadership to put up
much of a united opposition, the West ? same thing.

The Israel or Russia are the only ones with the cajones and means to do anything significant.

Show Me the Wire
12-18-2014, 06:31 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2014/12/17/isis-slaughters-150-females-in-iraq-for-refusing-to-marry-have-sex-with-militants/

150 women killed for not bowing to them

I ask the original question again? When?

Historically since WWII.

HUSKER55
12-18-2014, 06:50 PM
BO wants to wait till the total is 6 million to make sure he understands the situation. Some people are slow learners.....

Marshall Bennett
12-18-2014, 07:25 PM
I've been expecting them to utilize labor/concentration camps if for no other reason to manufacture supplies for it's militants. This was the Nazi's primary purpose in the beginning, then eventually became mass-killing camps.
If ISIS continues to flourish, expect much of the same. Gays, the mentally ill, and criminals beware.

Tom
12-18-2014, 09:59 PM
The nazi-muslim connection is undeniable.

Greyfox
12-19-2014, 11:39 AM
If the report below is true, ISIS is a form of mass hydrophobia.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/12/new-cash-cow-for-isis-trafficking-human-organs-from-kidnapped-captives/#!
"It’s widely reported that the ISIS is funding their terror state by oil sales. But, there are now reports that ISIS is also profiting from human organ sales.

The caliphate is trafficking human organs from kidnapped captives."

JustRalph
01-09-2015, 02:31 PM
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/b2d7a0252dd04676b20697bd39356fcc/7-kids-reunite-parents-lost-nigeria-islamic-uprising

Boko Haram. 2000 killed

woodtoo
01-09-2015, 02:46 PM
More mayhem = More inaction

JustRalph
01-24-2015, 11:04 PM
Spreading it around. Now Japan mourns

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/25/world/middleeast/japan-hostages-video-islamic-state.html?_r=0

Marshall Bennett
01-25-2015, 04:22 AM
The latest that lost his head had actually joined up with the enemy and received training by them. What transpired to result in the beheading isn't quite clear, but as far as our country is concerned, who cares?

reckless
01-25-2015, 06:51 AM
BO wants to wait till the total is 6 million to make sure he understands the situation. Some people are slow learners.....

And some, like Obama, never learn at all.

JustRalph
01-25-2015, 10:26 AM
The latest that lost his head had actually joined up with the enemy and received training by them. What transpired to result in the beheading isn't quite clear, but as far as our country is concerned, who cares?

Good point. But nobody in our country cares when they kill Americans either.

I guess the same holds true. Until ISIS gets to the Texas border, why should I care .....

Probably a healthy attitude

HUSKER55
01-25-2015, 11:13 AM
does anyone here have an idea of how to wake the public up?

just asking...... :confused:

Tom
01-25-2015, 11:22 AM
9/11 didn't do it. Nothing will.

Most are far too stupid and lazy to really understand what is going on.
How else do you explain Obama - stupid, lazy people looking for some to do the work for them and someone to do the thinking for them.

Next time we get hit, don't come looking for sympathy - we don't deserve any.
We're on our own, Husker....the government will rush to make sure no one speaks ill of islam long before it will do thing 1 to protect us.

The fix is in.
POTUS has done far more to help the enemy than he has to protect us.
B. HUSSEIN Obama, that POTUS.

Marshall Bennett
01-25-2015, 12:09 PM
does anyone here have an idea of how to wake the public up?

just asking...... :confused:

Google "normalcy bias". They don't want to hear about it. Not now, not ever.
Some of my best friends don't want to hear it. They've told me so.
Till something really bad happens, they'll never worry about it.

Marshall Bennett
01-25-2015, 12:16 PM
Good point. But nobody in our country cares when they kill Americans either.

I guess the same holds true. Until ISIS gets to the Texas border, why should I care .....

Probably a healthy attitude
When 90% of the country has a "sit and wait, do nothing" attitude, there's not a hell of a lot you can do.
You can stay informed and be prepared. Not sure being prepared does a lot of good either. The 90% that are unprepared will want what you've prepared for with.

JustRalph
02-15-2015, 08:52 PM
Did you ever think you would see this in our lifetime?

http://news.yahoo.com/netanyahu-urges-jews-move-israel-copenhagen-attacks-111012753.html

This runs such a parallel to the 30's it's starting to get spooky

horses4courses
02-15-2015, 09:03 PM
Did you ever think you would see this in our lifetime?

http://news.yahoo.com/netanyahu-urges-jews-move-israel-copenhagen-attacks-111012753.html

You're overreacting, along with much of the conservative world.

It's not a good situation, certainly, but it is not 1930s Germany.

snickster
02-15-2015, 09:04 PM
Whether deliberately as his part of the radical transformation of America (aka - diminish the influence of the white culture in America to be inconsequential and replace it with the black and brown political system) or just thorough absolute incompetence, the rise of ISIS and the ability or radical Islam to take over political systems in Muslim countries is basically due to Odumbo. Odumbo thinks this is the greatest thing as his father was a radical islamist and he is just helping his fathers desires that he has discussed with Odumbo as a young child come into fruition.

JustRalph
02-15-2015, 10:19 PM

Honestly, I hope you're right.

Clocker
02-15-2015, 10:25 PM

Just a few little bumps in the road to multiculturalism. :rolleyes:

lamboguy
02-15-2015, 10:33 PM

It's not a good situation, certainly, but it is not 1930s Germany.its probably a lot worse, this enemy is more spread out and harder to find and they are much nastier and will hide behind women and children.

horses4courses
02-15-2015, 10:35 PM
Honestly, I hope you're right.

Understood.
Everyone who looks forward to getting up tomorrow should.

I can't see anti-semitism getting out of control because I
believe that intelligence is good enough in western countries
to stay on top of threats.

Netanyahu has an election next month, too.

Tom
02-15-2015, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by horses4courses

Look at a map of areas terrorists control today.
Compare that to less than a year ago. The Mediterainian is close to being encircled.

They are spreading faster than Hitler did.
And here is a clue - they want to kill liberals just as much as conservatives.

horses4courses
02-15-2015, 11:15 PM
they want to kill liberals just as much as conservatives.

I have no doubt of that.

There are more ways of fighting ISIS than regular combat,
much of it cyber based.
Infiltrating their communications and gaining control
of how they finance themselves is crucial.

Let's hurt them there in addition to hunting them down.

Clocker
02-16-2015, 12:42 AM
Infiltrating their communications and gaining control
of how they finance themselves is crucial.

They finance themselves by pumping and smuggling oil. You can stop that by blowing up the captured oil wells they control, which we aren't going to do. Or you can crack down on the other end, which isn't going to happen. Because the oil is being smuggled into Turkey, and Turkish officials would be shocked, shocked to learn that smuggling is going on.

Hoofless_Wonder
02-16-2015, 01:49 AM
They finance themselves by pumping and smuggling oil. You can stop that by blowing up the captured oil wells they control, which we aren't going to do. Or you can crack down on the other end, which isn't going to happen. Because the oil is being smuggled into Turkey, and Turkish officials would be shocked, shocked to learn that smuggling is going on.

Something tells me that the financial support and logistics chain for ISIS is more complex than just smuggled oil. Eradicating them is going to uncover a lot more cockroaches up the chain, though the true puppet masters won't be uncovered. Those guys have plenty of money to cover their tracks pretty well.

ISIS is junior league compared to the Nazis, at least in scale. And the Nazis were junior league compared to the Commies, at least when it comes to mass murder. The few "little bumps in the road to multiculturalism", indeed. We'll be lucky if it turns out to only be as bad as 1930s Germany -it's looking to me like it's going to be much worse.....

JustRalph
02-16-2015, 04:21 AM
http://sputniknews.com/military/20150216/1018320374.html

Egypt responds

HUSKER55
02-16-2015, 05:35 AM
know how to put a crips in isis?

Capture about 500 of them for everyone they behead and impale them and plant them along the road side where all of their support can see.

Second, have our cyber terrorism unit, which us taxpayers have paid thru the nose for, removed all traces of them from the internet.

Third, attack their financing wherever they are at on whatever level they are at.

Fourth, flood their TV and radios with porn.

wanna know why that won't work.

BO

lamboguy
02-16-2015, 06:06 AM

Capture about 500 of them for everyone they behead and impale them and plant them along the road side where all of their support can see.

Second, have our cyber terrorism unit, which us taxpayers have paid thru the nose for, removed all traces of them from the internet.

Third, attack their financing wherever they are at on whatever level they are at.

BOyou have to berry them with dead pigs, allah won't let them come upstairs, he don't like pork

Robert Goren
02-16-2015, 07:46 AM
9/11 didn't do it. Nothing will.

Most are far too stupid and lazy to really understand what is going on.
How else do you explain Obama - stupid, lazy people looking for some to do the work for them and someone to do the thinking for them.

Next time we get hit, don't come looking for sympathy - we don't deserve any.
We're on our own, Husker....the government will rush to make sure no one speaks ill of islam long before it will do thing 1 to protect us.

The fix is in.
POTUS has done far more to help the enemy than he has to protect us.
B. HUSSEIN Obama, that POTUS. Every attempt to "solve" the Middle East problem by force has led to somebody worse coming to power. Who would not trade ISIS for Saddam right now. I would like to remind everyone that less than 2 years ago that the right wing hawks were demanding that we send more aid to the anti Syrian rebels now known as ISIS. Excuse me if I don't want Obama to follow the lead of those fools the conservatives here now embrace. If we have learned anything from the last 20 years, there is always something worse in the Arab world just waiting for a chance to raise its ugly head. I wish sending in American ground troops would solve the problem, but I am pretty sure it won't. I am also pretty sure it will make things worse.

Robert Goren
02-16-2015, 07:51 AM

BO Because they do not care about any of that.

acorn54
02-16-2015, 08:27 AM
Google "normalcy bias". They don't want to hear about it. Not now, not ever.
Some of my best friends don't want to hear it. They've told me so.
Till something really bad happens, they'll never worry about it.

you hit the nail on the head
here is quote of the definition of normalcy bias for those unfamiliar with it.
"people with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. people also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation."

JustRalph
02-27-2015, 11:10 AM
Kidnapped 250 Monday in Syria

Men and women separated for execution, and women sold into slavery

Tom
02-27-2015, 11:38 AM
This would all end if only they had jobs.

woodtoo
02-27-2015, 11:43 AM
Can we blame Bush for not being President. I'm starting to really miss him. :(

davew
02-27-2015, 12:03 PM
This would all end if only they had jobs.

Are they volunteer soldiers?

JustRalph
02-27-2015, 12:07 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/27/american-atheist-blogger-hacked-to-death-in-bangladesh

Blogger "hacked " to death

Marshall Bennett
02-27-2015, 12:10 PM
At least Bush knew what was happening there and what needed to be done.
This president hasn't a clue, never has, doesn't really care, and doesn't have the balls nor will to be a military leader. Hillary would likely be better, but no one knows when to believe anything she says.
It's pretty sad, because due to the shift in demographics and ever-increasing numbers of "stupid" white voters, republicans might never be in the white house again. I truly have my doubts.

Clocker
02-27-2015, 12:25 PM
Are they volunteer soldiers?

They are joining voluntarily. My understanding is that they are getting paid. ISIS is very well funded with money from "liberated" banks that they capture, from selling oil from the oil wells in captured territory, and from wealthy Sunni donors in the middle east who support the ISIS opposition to Shiite Islam.

I have not heard anything about benefits, such as health insurance. That could lead to job-lock, and prevent them from following their passions and becoming photographers or musicians. On the other hand, killing and raping may be their passion.

GaryG
02-27-2015, 12:40 PM
A president with balls would have rained destruction on these bastards. It is a lot different when they are your friends and fellow travelers. I expect that we will hear from them ourselves before long.

Clocker
02-27-2015, 12:52 PM
A president with balls would have rained destruction on these bastards.

Obama still thinks that he can negotiate with anyone. His major guiding principle in policy appears to be: "Offend no one". He is giving the store away to Iran because he thinks that Iran will turn out to be the major player in the middle east, and that he can make a deal with them for long term peace.

He has refused to call the Taliban terrorists, saying that they are armed insurgents. He figures that they will be a major power, if not the actual government, in Afghanistan eventually, and that he negotiate with them.

Similarly, ISIS can be dealt with if we just help with their core issues like jobs, economic development, and oppressive dictatorships. Why can't we all just get along?

Marshall Bennett
02-27-2015, 03:38 PM
And in the mean time they get bigger and stronger. Support is racing to them like maggots. Most are losers looking for excitement, but they can still fire a weapon and cause concern. The biggest concern with this enemy is their fearless character. They're not afraid of dying, and taking as many with them when they do.

HUSKER55
02-27-2015, 06:14 PM
Ya know guys and gals, Sarah could have outsmarted this.

Hillary could be more outspoken but she is quiet as a mouse and that speaks volumes.

The absolute only conclusion is that she approves.

Tom
02-27-2015, 11:27 PM
Hillary could be more outspoken but she is quiet as a mouse and that speaks volumes.

She is still trying to unravel that great right wing conspiracy that tried to say her husband lied about Monica.......

rastajenk
02-28-2015, 07:46 AM
I can't see anti-semitism getting out of control because I believe that intelligence is good enough in western countries
to stay on top of threats.

What's that supposed to mean? Anti-semitism is in the heart, like racism. It isn't a bunch of guys hanging out in ratskellars planning the next move, it's not Yooper militias about to embark on some neo-Nazi agenda to re-establish Caucasian Supremacy. It's cultural scapegoating, it's in every poli sci department of every university, it's strongly held in the upper levels of the Presbyterian church: its pervasiveness should not be underestimated. It may manifest itself terribly when unassimilated Muslims in Europe go on a rampage, but there's much more to it than that. That Never Again promise is looking pretty weak.

Tom
02-28-2015, 10:03 AM
To clarify the discussion, anti-semitism is ALREADY out of control world-wide.

Marshall Bennett
02-28-2015, 12:19 PM
One huge disadvantage we'll always have is being on the defensive to whatever move comes next. When you're dealing with deranged evil minds, nothing seems predictable.

JustRalph
02-28-2015, 06:10 PM
What's that supposed to mean? Anti-semitism is in the heart, like racism. It isn't a bunch of guys hanging out in ratskellars planning the next move, it's not Yooper militias about to embark on some neo-Nazi agenda to re-establish Caucasian Supremacy. It's cultural scapegoating, it's in every poli sci department of every university, it's strongly held in the upper levels of the Presbyterian church: its pervasiveness should not be underestimated. It may manifest itself terribly when unassimilated Muslims in Europe go on a rampage, but there's much more to it than that. That Never Again promise is looking pretty weak.

Great post...! Very nice............ :ThmbUp:

HUSKER55
02-28-2015, 06:49 PM
I was thinking of the previous thread and I got to wondering how in the hell someone got this many idiots wound up so tight.

Then I got to thinking about what would it take to stop them.

Then I got to wondering....suppose someone in the free world sent a well support army down there and gathered up 10000 families and burned some, impaled some beheaded some and then.....

posted a sign and said they would leave if all the men shaved and trashed their turbines, (because I think that is their symbol of belonging).

The question becomes who is pulling the strings? Those idiots are not that smart. I don't think the one pulling the strings is over there.

What do you guys think? if you kill 10000 or 1,000,000 will that stop the army? I am starting to think the answer is no.

It is similiar to the other day when I was talking to my neighbor about this. We have been free in this country, even though we bitch, for so long that who ever is going to take over is going to end up house by house with a price tage of 10 to 20 bodies for each house.

That is going to take one hell of an army.

The only way those jihadists are getting away with this is they are attacking someone who isn't prepared or isn't as ready and there is no support.

Then I started thinking that no one is doing anything because it can't happen here.

Has it started here?....I mean...I am wrong?

Right?

Your thoughts???

JustRalph
03-01-2015, 05:45 AM
Apparently the Nazi vs ISIS thing came up on the Rush Limbaugh show the other day

They gotta stop stealing my material

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/02/27/hitler_s_nazis_and_the_isis_islamofascists

JustRalph
03-01-2015, 05:53 AM
Husker

These ISIS guys are kidnapping entire villages. 250 at a time or as in the previous case where they took just the school girls, 200 after executing any resistance. It was a different group with a slightly different motive, so they wanted girls. They got paid for those girls. In some locations the men have resisted and were wiped out.

This is no different than fighting a war across Europe in the 40's. Different motive but similar tactics. Until somebody draws a line at that level, it will continue.

Tom
03-01-2015, 09:38 AM
We will regret allowing this to spread.

Marshall Bennett
03-01-2015, 12:24 PM
ISIS leaders have a game-plan for the future. Probably 75% of the followers and those joining up don't have a clue. This is disturbing because this means that they're only there to slaughter, dismember, and kill whoever they're told to kill. I have to blame the internet and social media in particular because this is where these losers turn to for a cure to their misery. They're lured into guidance by ISIS propaganda soldiers.
Numbers mean everything, and the numbers of them are growing fast.

JustRalph
03-05-2015, 09:43 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2978890/ISIS-barbarians-throw-gay-man-building-bloodthirsty-crowds-Syria.html

I don't even know what to say. These people are different ......

JustRalph
05-02-2015, 06:23 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3065517/Isis-militants-slaughter-300-Yazidi-captives-northern-Iraq-thousands-taken-captive-villages.html

The beat goes on ..........300 dead

JustRalph
05-21-2015, 11:08 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3089430/Stripped-naked-physically-evaluated-sold-highest-bidder-ISIS-sending-prettiest-Yazidi-virgins-abducts-slave-markets-Syria.html

I didn't think they could get much lower

Greyfox
05-21-2015, 12:41 PM
I have to blame the internet and social media in particular because this is where these losers turn to for a cure to their misery. They're lured into guidance by ISIS propaganda soldiers.

Careful. This is exactly the type of reasoning that leads guys like Obama to want to control the internet.

The internet is not the blame of anything.
It is the hair brain types who are lacking meaning in their life who believe that distant fields are greener who are drawn to ISIS looking for more adventure in their lives.
Ultimately when they find out their hollowness won't be satisfied by a Muslim regime they may come to their senses.
In the meanwhile, they want to die for Allah.
Let's help them fulfill their wishes.

Clocker
05-21-2015, 03:55 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3089430/Stripped-naked-physically-evaluated-sold-highest-bidder-ISIS-sending-prettiest-Yazidi-virgins-abducts-slave-markets-Syria.html

I didn't think they could get much lower

And that's just the Jayvees. Wait until you see what happens when the varsity takes the field.

Marshall Bennett
05-21-2015, 07:25 PM
Air support obviously isn't doing it. Major cities are falling to ISIS. Their inhuman treatment of the innocent will only multiply.
I don't see us sending ground troops until Obama leaves office, if ever, unless they launch an major attack against our forces elsewhere or we're attacked here at home.
What a shame we have such an uncaring useless leader as president. I don't see Hillary as much of an improvement. Only real difference is she lies more.

fast4522
05-22-2015, 07:00 AM
Air support obviously isn't doing it. Major cities are falling to ISIS. Their inhuman treatment of the innocent will only multiply.
I don't see us sending ground troops until Obama leaves office, if ever, unless they launch an major attack against our forces elsewhere or we're attacked here at home.
What a shame we have such an uncaring useless leader as president. I don't see Hillary as much of an improvement. Only real difference is she lies more.

I do not think that she lies less, just gets caught in her lies faster.

hcap
05-22-2015, 12:05 PM
I do not think that she lies less, just gets caught in her lies faster.It would make all one dozen or so liberals here extremely happy to dump all 800 vocal conservatives on their butts particularly when they post old USED idiotic jokes. However these are not quite so idiotic and man oh man, if they had only happened :lol:

Cheney and the Bushes on a Plane

Dick Cheney, President Bush and his father are flying on Air Force One. Dick looks at Dubya, chuckles and says, "You know, I could throw a $100.00 bill out the window right now and make one person very happy."

Dubya shrugs his shoulders and says, "Well, I could throw ten $10.00 bills out the window and make 10 people very happy." George Bush Senior says, "Of course then, I could throw one-hundred $1.00 bills out the window and make a hundred people very happy."

The pilot rolls her eyes, looks at all of them and says, "I could throw all of you out the window and make the whole country happy."

George, Laura, and Jenna Bush are flying on Air Force One. George looks at Laura, chuckles and says, "You know, I could throw a thousand-dollar bill out the window right now and make someone very happy."

Laura shrugs her shoulders and says, "Well, I could throw ten $100 bills out the window and make ten people very happy."

Jenna says, "Of course then, I could throw one hundred $10 bills out the window and make one hundred people very happy."

The pilot rolls his eyes, looks at all of them and says to his co-pilot, "I could throw all of them out the window and make 56 million people very happy."

Greyfox
05-22-2015, 12:10 PM
It would make all one dozen or so liberals here extremely happy to dump .....

You took up all of that digital space to tell us that was a recycled joke? :rolleyes:

hcap
05-22-2015, 12:14 PM
You took up all of that digital space to tell us that was a recycled joke? :rolleyes: I edited it out before you responded. Yell at fast (slow).

JustRalph
07-14-2016, 08:27 PM
Shall I ask again? Look what's happen since this thread was created........

EMD4ME
07-14-2016, 08:34 PM
Shall I ask again? Look what's happen since this thread was created........

Blow them up with a nuke. Really block the borders and throw out any one who remotely looks to be a threat.

Do what it takes, BY ANY MEANS.

Tom
07-14-2016, 09:54 PM
The parallels with 1930s Germany are strong.
Whatever happens, the power of the presidency must be SEVERELY reduced.

Executive Decisions - ALL of them, must be limited to 90 days for starters.
Making law in NOT the job of the executive branch.

Marshall Bennett
07-15-2016, 12:55 AM
Blow them up with a nuke.
Problem is they're everywhere now. Lost miserable souls read and listen to them on social media. Eight years of poor leadership has made for an easy breeding ground. In most developed countries as well. There really isn't a known solution. You can't analyze and tag everyone over the age of 10.

highnote
07-15-2016, 01:17 AM
Problem is they're everywhere now.

It probably is going to get worse. I don't see any good options for stopping terrorism.

The U.S. can't just withdraw from the middle east in an attempt to appease isis because #1 -- the U.S. won't, and #2, isis might still order lone wolf attacks on the U.S. even if the U.S. did withdraw.

Option #3 -- war on a very large scale that will last until any potential terrorist loses the will to commit an act of terrorism.

The U.S. bombed the hell out of Vietnam and couldn't break their will.

Islamic terrorists are all over the globe. It isn't clear if a traditional army in a traditional war can defeat such a dispersed enemy.

Option #4 -- Nuclear bombs. Japan is a relatively small country and the enemy was almost completely on the island, so nukes worked there. I don't know much about the use of nukes, but I can imagine it would not be a popular choice to use them. I don't even know if it is practical.

What options remain? Genocide? It would almost take some sort of act of genocide to rid the world of enough Muslims that the remaining ones lost their will to fight. I don't see that happening.

It isn't feasible to force Muslims to leave western countries. Some of them are married to non-Muslims. Not all Muslims are terrorists. How would you go about vetting all of them?

Acts of Islamic terrorism will probably be with us for many years to come.

highnote
07-15-2016, 02:03 AM
I wrote in the preceding post that it would not be possible for every Muslim to be vetted.

Newt Gingrich thinks otherwise. Maybe he has a point?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/newt-gingrich-test-muslim-americans_us_57885da6e4b08608d333f2a3?section=

“Western civilization is in a war,” Gingrich told Fox News’ Sean Hannity, hours after a truck mowed down French Bastille Day celebrants in Nice, killing at least 80. “We should frankly test every person here who is of a Muslim background, and if they believe in Sharia, they should be deported. Sharia is incompatible with Western civilization.”

Sharia law is incompatible with U.S. law and you can't serve two masters. So if you can't follow U.S. law then you must be deported.

The U.S. system only works when everyone buys in.

JustRalph
07-15-2016, 05:03 PM
I heard a Democrat on radio today say he will ask the president for 50k troops to send into the caliphate. He wanted 50k more from NATO.

Talk about too late.........

Better late I guess

highnote
07-15-2016, 05:36 PM
I heard a Democrat on radio today say he will ask the president for 50k troops to send into the caliphate. He wanted 50k more from NATO.

Talk about too late.........

Better late I guess

The past can't be fixed. What is the best solution going forward?

Marshall Bennett
07-15-2016, 06:30 PM
Quite awhile back I thought a strong military presence by our troops was necessary and would make s big difference. I don't anymore because the enemy is too broad and taken on character changes. As Ralph said, it's simply too late. Without fully understanding the the psychology that drives evilness into the minds of those that join, the enemy will always exist.

davew
07-15-2016, 07:17 PM
they equal Nazi Germany when they start collecting minority groups and gassing them -

tucker6
07-15-2016, 07:25 PM
The parallels with 1930s Germany are strong.
Whatever happens, the power of the presidency must be SEVERELY reduced.

Executive Decisions - ALL of them, must be limited to 90 days for starters.
Making law in NOT the job of the executive branch.
I agree with that 100%

Tom
07-15-2016, 08:00 PM
they equal Nazi Germany when they start collecting minority groups and gassing them -\

Like Saddam Hussein, who has direct lines to Hitler, did to his own people.

xtb
07-15-2016, 09:23 PM
they equal Nazi Germany when they start collecting minority groups and gassing them -

They only chop off heads.

davew
07-16-2016, 12:58 AM
\

Like Saddam Hussein, who has direct lines to Hitler, did to his own people.

the dems say Hussein did not have any weapons of mass destruction, did he use oil?

boxcar
07-16-2016, 10:16 AM
Post of the Month competitor! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

I agree, Foxy. But ultimately this problem with radical Muslims boils down to a spiritual problem -- and not merely just spiritual on the end of the perpetrators -- but as JR intimated there's also a deep spiritual problem with world leaders who refuse to call evil evil and good good. Instead, we have many leaders in the world (Obama perhaps being the best example) who will bend over backwards in their role of Islamist apologists by defending all Islam at any cost, or so it seems. In Europe, Political Correctness is so extreme that if EU citizens write anything that could be construed as offensive to Islamists on social media, the police will be at their door and such people will be subject to arrest! Free speech over there is severely restricted, as it will soon be in this country.

What the world is witnessing, unbeknownst to most, is what Paul wrote about Rom 1:18ff. In that passage it talks about two groups of sinners. The first group are the actual "perpetrators", if you will, of sin (or what we in the context of the subject matter under discussion would call "crimes"). The second group of sinners (and this is the operative term here which should not be missed) are the "spectators" -- all those who are witnessing the perpetrators' actions. And in that passage Paul says this latter group gives "hearty approval" to the actions of the first! Paul is logically implying that both groups, but especially the second, are calling evil good and good evil. And this is precisely what we are witnessing -- not so much in words, perhaps, but very much in the the actions of world leaders. The world leaders are giving hearty tacit approval to the perpetrators' horrendous crimes against humanity by protecting them from justly harsh criticisms from those with the courage to speak out. This is precisely why the world is in such a state of chaos and confusion and madness -- why virtually everything seems so wrong in so many ways -- but unfortunately to so few people, most especially to world leaders. How many of us have been shell-socked, as it were, over these last few decades by the growing evil in the world? We try to make sense out of it but we cannot. The growing evil in this world just defies all reason! It is no wonder at all that it is written in scripture that "men are full of evil and insanity is in their throughout their lives" (Eccl 3:9). But herein is the very crux of the problem, dear reader, very few people believe this! Scripture is very blunt and straightforward and calls evil evil and good good. But most in the world will disagree with this kind of text and say that that is not so! I am not full of evil, nor are any of my loved ones, etc., etc.. So...at the very foundation of our humanity, we call ourselves our good, while scripture calls us evil. Every single one of us gives hearty approval to our own sins and the sins of others (most especially loved ones and friends). Therefore, it is any wonder that people in government leadership roles (who put on their pants and skirts the same way all of us do) are doing the same exact thing we are doing?

I know most here will reject my premise -- which again is that the root problem with all the evil we see in the world is spiritual in nature -- not political. We truly cannot legislate morality from without. Yes, to an extent we can "check" evil -- we can restrain it to a point from without -- but this is only a band aid solution in the long term. The real cure is inner transformation. And that requires The Great Physician's help.

I just want to close this out by reminding everyone that when Jesus returns, he's not going to return to a heaven on earth. He's not going to return to a paradise on earth. He's going to return to a world steeped in evil and immorality. He will return to a world that will be just like the world before God judged it with the Great Deluge. And of that ancient world, it is written that "the thoughts and intentions of men's hearts were evil continually and that the earth was full of violence"! Can anyone with a straight face tell me that we're not already living in a world that is reminiscent of that prediluvian period?

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-16-2016, 12:15 PM
the dems say Hussein did not have any weapons of mass destruction, did he use oil?

Except for Bill Clinton on CNN with Wolf Blitzer when he said: "I guarantee that when I left office, Saddam Hussein had WMDS."

I'm still waiting for anyone to produce a similar quote by President Bush.

Still waiting.
Still waiting.
Still waiting.

chrisl
07-16-2016, 12:48 PM
Obama is a radicalized Muslim. End of story.

Clocker
07-16-2016, 01:26 PM
Well, it looks like Obama has finally decided to take action. At a White House diplomatic corps reception he said that the US would destroy ISIS.

And in contrast to these terrorists who only know how to kill and destroy, we’re going to win this fight by building; by never giving up on diplomacy to end the Syrian civil war; by working with partners around the world, including Muslim communities, to push back against hateful ideologies that twist and distort Islam — a religion that teaches peace and justice and compassion. We will defeat these ideologies by offering a better vision of development and economic progress, so people, especially young people, have more hope and opportunity and are less susceptible to extremism and violence in the first place. And we will continue to promote political opportunity and democracy so citizens have a say in their future.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2016/07/15/remarks-president-diplomatic-corps-reception

MONEY
07-16-2016, 02:31 PM
It is no wonder at all that it is written in scripture that "men are full of evil and insanity is in their throughout their lives" (Eccl 3:9).

It doesn't say (All men are full of evil).
Good people do bad things, that's why God forgives.
If all people were evil, there would be no reason for life or heaven, hell would be the only destiny for all of our souls.
I'll see you there. :ThmbUp:

Tom
07-16-2016, 02:47 PM
Well, it looks like Obama has finally decided to take action. At a White House diplomatic corps reception he said that the US would destroy ISIS.

Ambassador Bolton correctly pointed out yesterday that Obama just has no clue what is going on. Jobs mena nothing to theses maggots. Wealth means nothing. This not about being poor, it about being a religious-based mental defective who wants to destroy our way of life. The way to beat them is to kill them, Nothing else will work. Find them, kill them. Bin Laden came from great wealth, not envy.

Diplomacy is for the loser.

Clocker
07-16-2016, 03:01 PM
Ambassador Bolton correctly pointed out yesterday that Obama just has no clue what is going on.

Obama won't even admit to the reality of who the enemy is. As far as I know, he and his minions are the only people in the world that still call them ISIL. And he gets very upset if you point out things like that.

boxcar
07-16-2016, 03:25 PM
It doesn't say (All men are full of evil).
Good people do bad things, that's why God forgives.
If all people were evil, there would be no reason for life or heaven, hell would be the only destiny for all of our souls.
I'll see you there. :ThmbUp:

But sir, it's not a qualified statement; therefore, we have no reason from that particular text to interpret it as being qualified, i.e. only "some or many".

Secondly, from other portions of scripture, we learn that all men are evil.

Thirdly, we also learn that only God alone is good.

Fourthly, this is why [b]all[/n] men need God's great salvation in Christ; for only God alone is Good. It isn't just some or many men need salvation -- but all men need God's great gift. All men. Why would all need it if all men aren't sinners?

Hope this explanation clears things up for you.

Clocker
07-16-2016, 03:43 PM

Speak for yourself, thank you. :rolleyes:

Fager Fan
07-16-2016, 05:04 PM
Obama won't even admit to the reality of who the enemy is. As far as I know, he and his minions are the only people in the world that still call them ISIL. And he gets very upset if you point out things like that.

I'm sure he's trying to find a short A in his pronunciation of ISIL.

boxcar
07-16-2016, 05:36 PM
Speak for yourself, thank you. :rolleyes:

You see what I mean...there you go calling evil good -- beginning with yourself. But...if it makes you fell any better, this is virutally a universal practice among men. So you see...it's really a wee bit hypocritical for anyone to point fingers at world leaders for doing the same thing the vast majority of us do.

Clocker
07-16-2016, 06:30 PM
You see what I mean...there you go calling evil good -- beginning with yourself.

There you go, insulting people on the basis of ancient teachings of some religious cult.

I've known a lot of people in my life, but few if any truly evil. A lot of them were stupid and prejudiced, but not evil.

MONEY
07-16-2016, 06:46 PM
But sir, it's not a qualified statement; therefore, we have no reason from that particular text to interpret it as being qualified, i.e. only "some or many".

Thirdly, we also learn that only God alone is good.

Fourthly, this is why [b]all[/n] men need God's great salvation in Christ; for only God alone is Good. It isn't just some or many men need salvation -- but all men need God's great gift. All men. Why would all need it if all men aren't sinners?

Hope this explanation clears things up for you.
NO! You took a piece of a sentence out of a paragraph & then interpreted it to mean what you want it to mean.

You see what I mean...there you go calling evil good -- beginning with yourself. But...if it makes you fell any better, this is virutally a universal practice among men. So you see...it's really a wee bit hypocritical for anyone to point fingers at world leaders for doing the same thing the vast majority of us do.
I guess you are excluded from the vast majority of us, because we are all evil & you're not.

boxcar
07-16-2016, 07:56 PM
NO! You took a piece of a sentence out of a paragraph & then interpreted it to mean what you want it to mean..

No I didn't. Eccl 9:3 is not a qualified statement! Do you know the difference between a qualified and non-qualified statement.? The sentence starts off with, "Furthermore, the hearts of the sons of men are full of evil...". The text doesn't say some of the sons of men or many of the sons of men. Therefore, logically we can only interpret that the writer meant all the sons of men. He meant for the "sons of men" to be taken in the universal sense, not the limited sense. Moreover, as pointed out previously this interpretation harmonizes with many other relevant portions of scripture.

Secondly, even the last part of this verse confirms that the proper interpretation should be in the universal sense. The very last part reads:"...Afterwards they go to the dead". First, the "they" can only be referring back to the "sons of men". Secondly, as far as I know all men die (there being only three explicitly biblical exceptions -- two of which have occurred and one that hasn't yet). If the "sons of men" is interpreted in the limited sense, then to be consistent the "they" must also be taken strictly in the limited sense -- which would be an absurd interpretation.

I guess you are excluded from the vast majority of us, because we are all evil & you're not.

All born again Christians are excluded because they have been made partakers of the divine nature by virtue of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
There are only two kinds of people, spiritually speaking, in this world, sir: Saints and Sinners. Which are you, sir?

boxcar
07-16-2016, 07:58 PM
There you go, insulting people on the basis of ancient teachings of some religious cult.

I've known a lot of people in my life, but few if any truly evil. A lot of them were stupid and prejudiced, but not evil.

They are not evil in your sight because of your definition of evil., which is not the biblical definition You measure evil by your own personal standard of goodness.

And no insult was intended. Just stating the biblical facts, m'am. :)

Clocker
07-16-2016, 08:19 PM
They are not evil in your sight because of your definition of evil., which is not the biblical definition You measure evil by your own personal standard of goodness.

And no insult was intended. Just stating the biblical facts, m'am. :)

I don't speak biblical, I speak English. And 'biblical facts' is an oxymoron.

MONEY
07-16-2016, 08:50 PM

No I didn't. Eccl 9:3 is not a qualified statement! Do you know the difference between a qualified and non-qualified statement.? The sentence starts off with, "Furthermore, the hearts of the sons of men are full of evil...". The text doesn't say some of the sons of men or many of the sons of men. Therefore, logically we can only interpret that the writer meant all the sons of men. He meant for the "sons of men" to be taken in the universal sense, not the limited sense. Moreover, as pointed out previously this interpretation harmonizes with many other relevant portions of scripture.

Secondly, even the last part of this verse confirms that the proper interpretation should be in the universal sense. The very last part reads:"...Afterwards they go to the dead". First, the "they" can only be referring back to the "sons of men". Secondly, as far as I know all men die (there being only three explicitly biblical exceptions -- two of which have occurred and one that hasn't yet). If the "sons of men" is interpreted in the limited sense, then to be consistent the "they" must also be taken strictly in the limited sense -- which would be an absurd interpretation.

All born again Christians are excluded because they have been made partakers of the divine nature by virtue of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
There are only two kinds of people, spiritually speaking, in this world, sir: Saints and Sinners. Which are you, sir?
Here is the part that you left out.

It is the same for all. There is one fate for the righteous and for the wicked; for the good, for the clean and for the unclean; for the man who offers a sacrifice and for the one who does not sacrifice. As the good man is, so is the sinner; as the swearer is, so is the one who is afraid to swear.

I am a sinner and whether you like it or not, so are you.

I'm done.

davew
07-16-2016, 10:44 PM
Obama is a radicalized Muslim. End of story.

I wonder if he will strap on a bomb vest and take out his cabinet....

Fager Fan
07-17-2016, 10:32 AM

I have no idea where you get that all men are evil. All being sinners isn't the same thing by a longshot.

Fager Fan
07-17-2016, 10:34 AM

That's insulting to call the belief in God a religious cult.

I agree though that most aren't evil.

boxcar
07-17-2016, 12:18 PM
I have no idea where you get that all men are evil. All being sinners isn't the same thing by a longshot.

If only God alone is good, according to Jesus, then what does that make mankind? Was not Jesus making a statement about God's nature? If so, then he must also be making an implicit statement about man's nature.

boxcar
07-17-2016, 12:20 PM
Here is the part that you left out.

I am a sinner and whether you like it or not, so are you.

I'm done.

Yes...but one big difference between you and me is that I'm a forgiven sinner, which makes me a saint.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-17-2016, 12:41 PM
No saints exist -- anywhere. We are all flawed. No exception to the rule.

boxcar
07-17-2016, 01:20 PM
No saints exist -- anywhere. We are all flawed. No exception to the rule.

This is a half truth. Don't you know that Christ came into the world to save sinners? And saved sinners are his saints.

barn32
07-17-2016, 01:30 PM
There is a reason I have never opened up the religious thead and this is it.

highnote
07-17-2016, 02:58 PM
There is a reason I have never opened up the religious thead and this is it.

I am not interested in changing anyone's beliefs about religion, but I am interested in human behavior.

I made a post on PA a few days ago about the three kinds of "beliefs".

1.) There are "opinions" which are like tables with 3 legs -- not very stable and easily changed.

2.) There are "beliefs" which are like tables with 4 legs -- much stronger than opinions and not easily changed.

and

3.) There are "convictions". These are like tables made from blocks of granite. There is almost no way to change a person's convictions. Some people's convictions are so strong they would rather die than change their convictions.

You can argue with Boxcar about Christianity until you are blue in the face and you will not change his convictions toward Christianity. Just like you are not going to change the religious beliefs and convictions of an Islamic imam, a Jewish rabbi, a Catholic priest, or a Baptist preacher, etc.

All "beliefs" are true to the believer. Those same beliefs might not be true for anyone else, but they are true to the believer. So if you're going to believe something, at least make sure it is useful.

boxcar
07-17-2016, 03:05 PM
I am not interested in changing anyone's beliefs about religion, but I am interested in human behavior.

I made a post on PA a few days ago about the three kinds of "beliefs".

1.) There are "opinions" which are like tables with 3 legs -- not very stable and easily changed.

2.) There are "beliefs" which are like tables with 4 legs -- much stronger than opinions and not easily changed.

and

3.) There are "convictions". These are like tables made from blocks of granite. There is almost no way to change a person's convictions. Some people's convictions are so strong they would rather die than change their convictions.

You can argue with Boxcar about Christianity until you are blue in the face and you will not change his convictions toward Christianity. Just like you are not going to change the religious beliefs and convictions of an Islamic imam, a Jewish rabbi, a Catholic priest, or a Baptist preacher, etc.

All "beliefs" are true to the believer. Those same beliefs might not be true for anyone else, but they are true to the believer. So if you're going to believe something, at least make sure it is useful.

This is not true. It's not because everything is possible with God. He can change even the most hardened convictions! The Apostle Paul's conversion is a great biblical example.

highnote
07-17-2016, 03:12 PM
This is not true. It's not because everything is possible with God. He can change even the most hardened convictions! The Apostle Paul's conversion is a great biblical example.

See. Told ya. ;) :D

JustRalph
09-15-2016, 03:10 PM
http://nypost.com/2016/06/07/yazidi-girls-burned-alive-for-refusing-to-have-sex-with-isis-captors/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow

This happen on ground our soldiers took over ten years ago.

Yet we relinquished it back to ISIS when Barry O pulled our Troops.

We lack the will or bravery our forefathers possessed. We are fools......