PDA

View Full Version : Are we all screwed or what?

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2004, 12:15 AM
If I vote for Kerry, will he be able to stop this from happening?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=535&ncid=535&e=10&u=/ap/20040504/ap_on_re_eu/black_dawn_1

Why not just hand them the freakin bomb and paint a big red bullseye where they should detonate it.....

Secretariat
05-05-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
If I vote for Kerry, will he be able to stop this from happening?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=535&ncid=535&e=10&u=/ap/20040504/ap_on_re_eu/black_dawn_1

Why not just hand them the freakin bomb and paint a big red bullseye where they should detonate it.....

The truth is no one can really stop this type of thing from happening. We can do our best.

However, it would be helpful if we didn't have to do this alone as Nunn is saying. Personally, I think Kerry has a better chance of rebuilding alliances wordwide than Bush. I realize many here don't think it can improve from where it is now.

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Secretariat
The truth is no one can really stop this type of thing from happening. We can do our best.

Exactly. Which is one of the reasons I favor the known (Bush), with all his warts, over the unknown (Kerry).

Secretariat
05-05-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Exactly. Which is one of the reasons I favor the known (Bush), with all his warts, over the unknown (Kerry).

PA,

Think you missed the rest of my post.

However, it would be helpful if we didn't have to do this alone as Nunn is saying. Personally, I think Kerry has a better chance of rebuilding alliances wordwide than Bush.

Lefty
05-05-2004, 12:44 PM
sec, are you saying Kerry can rebuild alliances with crooked nations like Russia, Germany and France who voted against the war in Iraq because of their own oil interests. How will he do that?

Secretariat
05-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
sec, are you saying Kerry can rebuild alliances with crooked nations like Russia, Germany and France who voted against the war in Iraq because of their own oil interests. How will he do that?

I figure Lefty he'll begin by actually talking to them, not at them.

Lefty
05-05-2004, 04:57 PM
sec, sorry, but that's a non answer. Bush laid out his case woth the U.N. The countries I mentioned had their own deals going. So it was not Bushes failure. How will John Kerry appease these greedy, possibly crooked countries?
Bush did the right thing or we would still be talking, Saddam would still be in power and bulding who knows what weapons.

schweitz
05-05-2004, 09:00 PM
The absolute biggest reason I could never vote for Kerry is his views on France, Germany, and the United Nations. Every time one of Bush haters talks about how Kerry will make us loved in Europe I want to scream.

I have been to these countries and we don't want to be like them. For the most part the citizens of both countries are jealous of the U.S. and resent us because we are the only super-power.

The United Nations has become a corrupt joke. We should NEVER put ourselves in a situation where we need the UN's permission to do anything.

Tom
05-05-2004, 09:40 PM
The war on terror is leading us to some strange places. Like the Secretary General of the United Nations himself. Unfortunately we have to go it alone because:
1. France, Germany, and the UN are corrupt profiteers
2. Spain has no guts
3. Russia is profiteering, generally run by stupid people, and can never, ever be trusted. We should have nuked them when we had the chance. Nuff said.
4. The Brittish have only one set of kahuna and Tony Blair has them.

Once we expose the corruption in the UN, hopefully there will be a purge of the crooks - Kofi and the boys.

Unitl then, the only policy that makes sense is you are either with us or against us. You can never megotiate your safety-onlt destroy your enemies. If W has one fault, it is that he is alarmingly behind schedule-I thougt we would have taken out Syria and Iran by now. Times a wastin.
To Hell wiht Europe-we left Europe over 200 years ago fro very good reasons. Whay would we ever wnat to go back? The US is so damn far ahead of Europe in every sense fo the word it isn'
even funny. Europe has nothing to offer. It's time has passed. We do no tneed Europe and any of it's leeching citizens. Good riddence to the old world.

Dan
05-06-2004, 10:57 AM
What concerns me is a news story from about six or seven years ago. I know I have it saved somewhere. When it came out I sent it to people and tried to discuss it but everyone thought it was a big joke. That was before 9-11. I think it was discussed on the old Art Bell show, too.

That was about the 100 or so briefcase size nuclear devices that was supposedly stolen in Russia during their changeover to democracy.

I don't know if that was true or not but I hope to God is was not. Or we may be up the creek.

Dan

Dan
05-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Sorry to have mentioned my last post but here's some details. If you do a search on 'briefcase nuclear' you find a lot of links and also some conspiracy quack links, too. This is not for the faint of heart. From the Jerusalem post:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1079844505858&p=1078113566627

Dan

I think I'm going to go mow the lawn. This is not the way to start the day.

JustRalph
05-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by buddy_love
What concerns me is a news story from about six or seven years ago. I know I have it saved somewhere. When it came out I sent it to people and tried to discuss it but everyone thought it was a big joke. That was before 9-11. I think it was discussed on the old Art Bell show, too.That was about the 100 or so briefcase size nuclear devices that was supposedly stolen in Russia during their changeover to democracy. I don't know if that was true or not but I hope to God is was not. Or we may be up the creek. Dan

Dan don't you think that if the suitcase Nukes were viable, one would have been used by now? The suitcase nukes require extreme maintenance that requires a serious infrastructure to maintain them. The so called "ones that were sold" were basically inert according to deep intelligence sources. I have read this and also heard military analysts say this. The terrorists who supposedly bought them (2 confirmed sales) were ripped off to the tune of over 2 million bucks. But the real fear of these devices is that they can be reverse engineered. If anybody who has the infrastructure to maintain them can reverse engineer them, they can possibly improve on the product. But then again, Those who already have that infrastructure have probably come up with their own versions of the product, and have determined the product is not worth producing. Or we would have seen one of them go off. This scenario is responsible for those stealth bombers that are ready to go on 24 hours notice......think about it.

Dan
05-06-2004, 04:27 PM
JustRalph,

Glad you posted that. Yes, you are right and that makes sense to me. We can all sleep a little better tonight.

I always wondered if those things had like plutonium or whatever radioactive components in them if they would leak or something like that.

Also, what would they look like? Remember those old gawdy brown briefcases from years ago.

I guess we've all seen too many James Bond movies which add to our paranoia.

Dan