PDA

View Full Version : XTHT TOTE VIEWER

JJMartin
10-30-2014, 04:09 PM
Some recent inquiries for this program so here it is...
My program for viewing live odds for win pool with auto refresh. Some code based on and from the Boardwatch program, credit to Ray2000.

Some notes to consider although it should be fairly intuitive to use:
(Created with Excel 2010)
Make a back up to the file.
Do not save after using.
Do not change the Data page as this is for macro use only.
Any "alert" windows that may occur are due to unavailable data from the web site source and not Excel, should resolve when their data is updated.
Q column: In the Q column you can double click any track with a green check in the cell to it's left and it will display that track's info as a short cut, click the track name not the check mark.
Click both Auto refresh On to refresh per 1 minute intervals, click them off to stop refresh.
Some cells are protected.

Ray2000
10-31-2014, 02:21 PM
JJ

Neat and easy, very nice, I like it, particularly the QuickSelect feature)

I've always wondered why my imports (with Boardwatch) has about a 10 second delay after sending refresh with this site. The delay is still there with your version but maybe it's just my setup. TwinSpires (aka Supertote) is quicker but you have to go thru the login shtick...:)

JJMartin
10-31-2014, 03:03 PM
JJ

Neat and easy, very nice, I like it, particularly the QuickSelect feature)

I've always wondered why my imports (with Boardwatch) has about a 10 second delay after sending refresh with this site. The delay is still there with your version but maybe it's just my setup. TwinSpires (aka Supertote) is quicker but you have to go thru the login shtick...:)

Hey Ray,
Thanks for your code to get this done. For me there is an initial delay (about 10 sec) on the very first query request, then after that it is only about 3-4 seconds when clicking between tracks.

raybo
11-01-2014, 02:57 PM
JJ,

I downloaded it just to see what it looks like, compared to what we had worked on. I get no tracks listed at all, and when the 2 "auto"s are turned on, no tracks still, and I get messages saying that the server for Ebet can't be found. Weird!

JJMartin
11-01-2014, 03:01 PM
JJ,

I downloaded it just to see what it looks like, compared to what we had worked on. I get no tracks listed at all, and when the 2 "auto"s are turned on, no tracks still, and I get messages saying that the server for Ebet can't be found. Weird!
Enable macros

raybo
11-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Enable macros

I got the normal message above the work area to enable content, which I did, but didn't take I guess. I'll try manually enabling macros in Excel and see if it works then.

raybo
11-01-2014, 03:17 PM
I don't know, I have enabled macros and activex. I get the list of tracks as they should be, but can't get any data from any track to show in the odds section. As soon as I clicked the "Auto" button in the track list section, column "O", all the tracks disappear and I start getting the messages again saying Ebet can't be located. Auto-refresh has been activated also, by the way. I clicked "Get Odds" too.

JJMartin
11-01-2014, 03:35 PM
I don't know Ray, I tried it a few times just now and it works for me, are you on Excel 2010?

Longshot6977
11-01-2014, 06:14 PM
I don't know, I have enabled macros and activex. I get the list of tracks as they should be, but can't get any data from any track to show in the odds section. As soon as I clicked the "Auto" button in the track list section, column "O", all the tracks disappear and I start getting the messages again saying Ebet can't be located. Auto-refresh has been activated also, by the way. I clicked "Get Odds" too.

Try this Ray to check your ebet connection-
1) Select Santa Anita(or any active track)
2) Select race 9 (or the active race)
3) In toolbars, select Data/Connections then doubleclick Connection 2.
4) Choose the Definition tab, then Edit Query
5) Wait a few seconds and see if the pool totals appear. If no, the connection is broken or UGH!!@!@ they blocked you. Let's hope not.
6) If they appear, then check the other 2 connections the same way.
7) Press Get Live Odds manually and also check the file extension is .XLSM when you unzipped it. (you did unzip it first I hope, don't use it from within Winzip).

Good luck.

mabred
11-01-2014, 10:01 PM
do u need excel 2010 i have 2007 excel??

thanks
mabred

raybo
11-01-2014, 10:10 PM
I don't know Ray, I tried it a few times just now and it works for me, are you on Excel 2010?

2010, yeah. Got to be a setting in Excel, I'll check my connections settings, could be the problem with that. Funny we never had that problem when we were working on the other one.

raybo
11-01-2014, 10:11 PM
do u need excel 2010 i have 2007 excel??

thanks
mabred

Shouldn't matter, as long as it accepts .xlsm files.

raybo
11-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Try this Ray to check your ebet connection-
1) Select Santa Anita(or any active track)
2) Select race 9 (or the active race)
3) In toolbars, select Data/Connections then doubleclick Connection 2.
4) Choose the Definition tab, then Edit Query
5) Wait a few seconds and see if the pool totals appear. If no, the connection is broken or UGH!!@!@ they blocked you. Let's hope not.
6) If they appear, then check the other 2 connections the same way.
7) Press Get Live Odds manually and also check the file extension is .XLSM when you unzipped it. (you did unzip it first I hope, don't use it from within Winzip).

Good luck.

OOps, I was in "7 zip" and selected "open outside", which has always worked before. Might be the problem.

raybo
11-01-2014, 10:24 PM
OOps, I was in "7 zip" and selected "open outside", which has always worked before. Might be the problem.

Nope, that didn't help. I'm getting a message that says data connections are disabled. I enabled them but still doesn't work.

Longshot6977
11-02-2014, 12:16 AM
Nope, that didn't help. I'm getting a message that says data connections are disabled. I enabled them but still doesn't work.

You might want to double check again. Select File/Options/External content/Trust Center/Trust Center settings. Then choose External Content on the left inside that window. Then select radio button for Enable All Data Connections. Also make sure Enable Automatic Updates for all workbook links is selected.

Also check (in the same Trust Center window) some other items like ActiveX settings, Trusted documents,Trusted Locations etc. Something isn't adjusted correctly somewhere.

Ray2000
11-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Raybo
You might check to see you can run this file "Boardwatch.xls" in reply #8 at this link
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109093

It's much the same for the import data routine from ebet. I can't be sure now but I think it worked for you in the past.

I'm guessing it will also fail on your machine. I believe Longshot6977 had this problem back in February but solved it somehow.

One thing to try is:

Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced, then scroll down until you see the tick box for 'Do not save encrypted pages to disk'. Make sure that is un-checked.

Longshot6977
11-02-2014, 09:17 AM
Raybo

I believe Longshot6977 had this problem back in February but solved it somehow.

Correct. I had the year incorrect and had hard coded 2013 into it. I changed the date function (Text Now) to reflect the correct year. I also checked all the items in my previous posts above; I think a Trust Center setting was incorrect too.

JJMartin
11-02-2014, 09:22 AM
The program is connecting properly for both of you correct?

Ray2000
11-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Yes, works for me.

Longshot6977
11-02-2014, 11:49 AM

Connects properly for me. But I use my own I created last year (with help from Ray's Boardwatch of course). I'd like to see what is causing Raybo's issue though with yours. Raybo, does Boardwatch work for you?

raybo
11-02-2014, 03:19 PM
Raybo
You might check to see you can run this file "Boardwatch.xls" in reply #8 at this link
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109093

It's much the same for the import data routine from ebet. I can't be sure now but I think it worked for you in the past.

I'm guessing it will also fail on your machine. I believe Longshot6977 had this problem back in February but solved it somehow.

One thing to try is:

Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced, then scroll down until you see the tick box for 'Do not save encrypted pages to disk'. Make sure that is un-checked.

tried everything you stated, doesn't work, says that the track isn't available, even though I selected Turf Paradise race 2 (was 8 mtp when I tried it.

I also checked the encrypted pages thing and it is unchecked.

I'll try JJs again now that I know connections and macros are enabled in my version of Excel. Couldn't last night because no tracks were still running.

raybo
11-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Well, I just checked JJ's workbook again, selecting Woodbine Race 9. No go, as soon as I open it, the same tracks listing as last night is displayed, and if I "Update" the track list it goes completely blank. So, I'm not getting through to the server obviously.

raybo
11-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Connects properly for me. But I use my own I created last year (with help from Ray's Boardwatch of course). I'd like to see what is causing Raybo's issue though with yours. Raybo, does Boardwatch work for you?

No, it says track unavailable, even though it is currently running.

raybo
11-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Ray2000, do you have a version that will run in pre2007 versions of Excel? If so, I can try to run it in Excel 2002, which I also have on my computer, along with 2010.

raybo
11-02-2014, 03:41 PM
Here's what JJs looks like after trying to refresh connections.

Longshot6977
11-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Raybo, did you try the suggestions in my post #15 yet? Something must not be set correctly.

Also, enter this in your browser to see if the pools appear.

https://classic.ebetusa.com/pools/TUP-wps-2014110203.html

Ray2000
11-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Raybo

see if this one works for you.

raybo
11-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Raybo, did you try the suggestions in my post #15 yet? Something must not be set correctly.

Also, enter this in your browser to see if the pools appear.

https://classic.ebetusa.com/pools/TUP-wps-2014110203.html

Yes, here are shots of all those settings:

raybo
11-02-2014, 04:21 PM
And here:

JJMartin
11-02-2014, 04:24 PM
I think it could be the browser
In the data sheet right click on cell D6 and click on Edit Query see if it shows the query.

raybo
11-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Raybo

see if this one works for you.

No, same thing in both Excel 2010 and 2002, "Selected track/race not available".

raybo
11-02-2014, 04:30 PM
I think it could be the browser
In the data sheet right click on cell D6 and click on Edit Query see if it shows the query.

That;s it JJ, here's what I get:

JJMartin
11-02-2014, 04:31 PM
problem is with IE

raybo
11-02-2014, 04:33 PM
I can go to the ebetusa site in Chrome just fine, but it does ask for sign in data, but evidently, through your workbook, it never gets to the site at all.

raybo
11-02-2014, 04:34 PM
problem is with IE

I haven't used IE in years, my default browser is Chrome.

raybo
11-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Just to let you guys know, all my problems were due to settings in Internet Explorer, had to uncheck SSL 2.0, check SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0. Works fine now.

Ray2000
11-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Check to see if your browser will display the GG odds for the address Longshot6977 gave you in reply #26

If so copy that url and paste it into the query address. hit GO

see what happens, if it works
then try other tracks.

that address will only be good for today

ebet has 2 different addresses for data, the new improved site requires a login

the old classic address still works without an account

raybo
11-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Check to see if your browser will display the GG odds for the address Longshot6977 gave you in reply #26

If so copy that url and paste it into the query address. hit GO

see what happens, if it works
then try other tracks.

that address will only be good for today

ebet has 2 different addresses for data, the new improved site requires a login

the old classic address still works without an account

Didn't have to do any of that, yours is working fine now, too.

Thanks guys!

Longshot6977
11-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Glad you got it sorted out.

raybo
11-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Yeah, me too, It was starting to cause me serious doubts as to what I really know about Excel. I did not know that Excel uses Internet Explorer for internet connectivity, so I would have never checked IE's settings (I had to look for about 5 minutes just to find IE on my computer, it has long been taken off my desktop), if JJ hadn't gotten on Skype with me to figure this out.