PDA

View Full Version : PARX 10/27 Race 3 (MDN, 6.5F, 3-5 yr olds)

letswastemoney
10-26-2014, 09:54 PM
I may or may not play. Just wanted to practice handicapping yet another maiden race and get feedback over whether I'm missing something.

BRIS PPs (http://www.brisnet.com/php/bw_pdf_viewer.php?track=PRX&race=3&param1=483360&param2=2460&param3=2214)

:1: Freelander (7/2) - On paper, looks like a lifetime maiden. Pedigree is inconclusive, as Giant's Causeway as the grandsire signals distance, but Gold Scammer ran as a sprinter for her career.

:2: Movie Night (6/1) - Another lifetime maiden? He lost a maiden claimer sprint on this very racetrack, a VERY bad sign for the straight maiden level, but he can hang around for second or third I guess.

:3: Queequeg (12/1) - Distance, distance, distance all over this one's pedigree. He switches to a high percentage trainer though.

:4: Winning the Medal (10/1) - Trainer is 0 for 28 with first time starters.

:5: What's Your Excuse (5/1) - Lost two maiden claimers on this racetrack, a very bad sign for this maiden event.

:6: This Cat Has Bling (4/1) - The dam Where's the Bling never ran, but Tiznow as the damsire signals distance. The two sprint efforts on this one's record look okay.

:7: He's a Slam Dunk (5/2) - Dancing Fool, this horse's dam, was extremely precocious in her career winning 4 out of 6 starts, all dirt sprints. This is the horse probably best suited for 6.5 furlongs out of the group. He lost a maiden claimer to begin his career at Monmouth, but I can forgive that. I can also forgive the 14 length losing route effort last out. The pick.

:8: Power Generation (10/1) - His dam Spritely started off quickly as well, winning her first two starts, both dirt sprints. But was that more a product of Todd Pletcher training than her pedigree? Spritely later on won some routes. This one's debut at Arlington sucked, but it came on synthetic and most career debuts are a learning experience. Tough call.

Selection: :7: He's a Slam Dunk