PDA

View Full Version : Congrats To Scott Zeron For Winning The Governors Cup Final At Woodbine

Sea Biscuit
10-26-2014, 12:58 AM
Coming into the final Scott Zeron aboard Artspeak showed two losses with the horse breaking in last 2 consecutive races. Tony Alagna had full faith in the driver and he didn't change him for the final. This time Artspeak made no miscues and won for fun lifting the Governors Cup with a purse of $565000.

My congrats also to Alagna the trainer and all its owners.

Sea Biscuit
10-26-2014, 10:20 AM
A lot of happy ownershttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g387/secretariat3/artspeak_zps150fada6.png (http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/secretariat3/media/artspeak_zps150fada6.png.html)

mrroyboy
10-26-2014, 01:10 PM
It does help to be driving the best horse.

badcompany
10-26-2014, 04:43 PM
The thread title should've read:

Congrats to Artspeak for winning the Governor's Cup despite being driven by Scott Zeron.

MutuelClerk
10-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Breaking in his last two starts??? A pacer???? It must have been a perfect trip by Zeron and he had to pay at least 50.00 to win. Oh wait, he was 3-5. Maybe the thread should have read anytime Waples or Zeron does well you'll hear from me. Thankfully that's not all that often.

Agreed though, good luck and congrats to all the happy owners.....

Sea Biscuit
10-27-2014, 11:42 PM
Maybe the thread should have read anytime Waples or Zeron does well you'll hear from me.

Is there anything wrong with that?

You guys are always there to knock em after each loss.

lucpark
10-28-2014, 08:27 AM
met scotty few weeks ago at balmoral,,

nice kid,,

very polite,,

and tony alagna gving him top horses to drive,,

AWESOME :)

badcompany
10-28-2014, 10:55 AM
met scotty few weeks ago at balmoral,,

nice kid,,

very polite,,

and tony alagna gving him top horses to drive,,

AWESOME :)

I wouldn't put "niceness" among the top attributes that make a great driver.

MutuelClerk
10-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Biscuit.... I knocked Waples for his drives on Somewhere Fancy. As far as Zeron goes, he's middle of the road on the list of better young drivers in my opinion. I'm sure like most things the truth lies somewhere in the middle of your wonderment and genuflecting and what you perceive is harsh criticism of these drivers. If I had to choose between Zeron or Waples, I'd take McNair.

Sea Biscuit
10-28-2014, 04:51 PM
Biscuit.... I knocked Waples for his drives on Somewhere Fancy. As far as Zeron goes, he's middle of the road on the list of better young drivers in my opinion. I'm sure like most things the truth lies somewhere in the middle of your wonderment and genuflecting and what you perceive is harsh criticism of these drivers. If I had to choose between Zeron or Waples, I'd take McNair.

I don't like biased posters who knock a driver when the lose and the same posters are no where to be found when they win.

We all have our own preferences of drivers. New kid on the block is Trevor Henry. Watch him he is good.

camourous
10-28-2014, 05:01 PM
I don't like biased posters who knock a driver when the lose and the same posters are no where to be found when they win.

We all have our own preferences of drivers. New kid on the block is Trevor Henry. Watch him he is good.

I wouldn't call Henry a new kid on the block, he's been driving since the late 80's, he's driving a bit more at the WEG tracks now

Sea Biscuit
10-28-2014, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't call Henry a new kid on the block, he's been driving since the late 80's, he's driving a bit more at the WEG tracks now

I didn't mean it in that sense. I knew he was an old hat at driving.

Nice article on SC site about him

http://standardbredcanada.ca/news/8-29-14/henry-focus-woodbine-circuit.html

cmp92
10-30-2014, 12:22 AM
I noticed Henry has been around WEG quite a bit this year. All those years at the small tracks are paying off for him.

Sea Biscuit
10-30-2014, 05:57 AM
I noticed Henry has been around WEG quite a bit this year. All those years at the small tracks are paying off for him.

What I like about him he gets his horses in good striking position early in the race even of he is coming from the outside posts.

cmp92
10-31-2014, 12:22 PM
What I like about him he gets his horses in good striking position early in the race even of he is coming from the outside posts.
I agree. Hard to not love betting on a guy that gives his horse a shot to get in the race.

Sea Biscuit
10-31-2014, 05:59 PM
I agree. Hard to not love betting on a guy that gives his horse a shot to get in the race.

I really like his chances on #6 in the 5th and #2 in the 10th tonight (Oct 31) at Woodbine. W/P

cmp92
10-31-2014, 06:38 PM
I really like his chances on #6 in the 5th and #2 in the 10th tonight (Oct 31) at Woodbine. W/P
They both have good chances. I think I like Major Hangover a bit more than Wildcat Beauty. Good luck man, hope you catch them at a price :ThmbUp:

mrroyboy
10-31-2014, 07:05 PM
Good luck Sea

Sea Biscuit
10-31-2014, 11:57 PM

They both ended by 2nd.

One paid $3 and the other $4.20 to place.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.