PDA

View Full Version : BOYCOTT THE PREAKNESS

The Skeptic
05-04-2004, 05:35 PM
BOYCOTT THE PREAKNESS

LETS MAKE SURE NO ONE WATCHES OR WAGERS ON THIS EVENT!
IT'LL BE EASY TO DO. JUST DON'T.

LET'S MAKE SURE IT HAS THE LOWEST RATINGS IN HISTORY AND LOWEST HANDLE OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS.

IF YOU DO WATCH IT - DON'T ADMIT IT.

Valuist
05-04-2004, 05:57 PM
If its a 6 horse field, and it could be, I think there will be plenty of horse bettors who will be passing the race. I'll watch it as a fan but no reason to bet a small field.

BillW
05-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by The Skeptic
BOYCOTT THE PREAKNESS

LET'S MAKE SURE IT HAS THE LOWEST RATINGS IN HISTORY AND LOWEST HANDLE OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS.

This won't be that difficult. In Tx for instance the whole state is locked out from wagering over the internet and we don't have an extensive OTB network to tempt people.

Bill

socantra
05-04-2004, 06:35 PM
I'll watch, but since they have chosen not to accept my money, I guess I'll be wagering somewhere else that day.

I'm just curious whether the racing establishment will allow Magna to kill the Breeders Cup at Lone Star this year.

socantra....

rokitman
05-04-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by The Skeptic
BOYCOTT THE PREAKNESS

Consider it done, Sir Skeptic.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-04-2004, 07:44 PM
I won't bet the Preakness anywhere this year, even though I'll be at AP. Their Xpress bet took bets on the KY Derby, but they don't own Churchill. But you must have a Xpress bet account to wager on their event?! Hypocrites!

sjk
05-04-2004, 07:51 PM
The xpressbet on-line betting product has never been allowed to take bets on any CDI track.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Oops - I stand corrected, thank you. But they do take other tracks than Magna ones, though. That alone makes them hypocrites in my mind, at least. I assume they'll offer the Belmont card, right?

Steve 'StatMan'
05-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Perhaps not, if it is a TVG contract issue, instead of a CDSI issue.

sjk
05-04-2004, 08:07 PM
They have never been allowed to take bets on NYRA tracks either. All of this dates back to the exclusive deals TVG signed with a number of tracks many years ago.

I am not 100% pleased with Magna either, but in terms of tracks withholding signals from competing on-line betting services, xpressbet was on the "withheld from" side of exclusivity for at least 5 years before Magna withheld its signals from other services.

schweitz
05-04-2004, 08:09 PM
This will be an easy boycott for me. I always skip wagering on the Preakness because I'm still licking my wounds after the Derby. The Belmont is the race I do the best in.

Tom
05-04-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by socantra
I'll watch, but since they have chosen not to accept my money, I guess I'll be wagering somewhere else that day.

I'm just curious whether the racing establishment will allow Magna to kill the Breeders Cup at Lone Star this year.

socantra....

Didn't the Breeder's Cup people already kill it by scheduling it to be held at.....gulp! Lone Star?????

Boycott the Preakness...you bet! Anything Franky is involved in is a no no for me. I hope the Preak gets the lowest rating in its history on TV. And I hope Smarty's people do decide to skip it, and I hope it rains worse than last week, and I hope locusts attack Maryland, too! There! :mad:

kenwoodallpromos
05-04-2004, 11:13 PM
Shall I withold my $2 from fences?

Valuist
05-05-2004, 09:42 AM
I really don't care about Magna. I bet Gulfstream at the track or OTB. I may not bet the Preakness itself but Pim's card figures to be good so I'm sure I'll be playing the undercard.

howardjim
05-05-2004, 10:08 AM
Magna has no say in who can offer Breeder's Cup wagers.The track is leased to the BC organization for the day.I assume the card will be offered on all platforms.

BIG RED
05-05-2004, 10:38 AM
Just heard this about the Preakness and Magna. It will be easy for me to not participate in the Preakness at all. I am also trying to convince my racing buddies to do the same, several have agreed already. And they will tell someone else, and so on, etc. Of coarse it's their decision, but I think many people I know will not touch it. To bad for Smarty, Magna will probably blame him for such a low handle because he's not a 'blueblood!!

I think I'll go fishing that day.

alysheba88
05-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Looking forward to betting the Preakness and Preakness undercard. Only day of the year I bet Maryland racing.

Valuist
05-05-2004, 11:51 AM
LOL ALysheba. I agree 100%. I never give Maryland a second thought but their Preakness Day cards are excellent. But if they only have 6 horses in the big race, I may pass on that one.

alysheba88
05-05-2004, 12:06 PM
The Cliff's Edge Valuist. He is reason enough to bet the Preakness. Expecting a huge effort from him and think we will get great odds on him due to Smartymania

Brian Flewwelling
05-06-2004, 02:38 AM
I AM BETTING THE PREAKNESS, for the first time. but will do so through HPI (Woodbine).

All this crap about boycotting Magna would serve better if scattered on grass lands. Magna is fighting exclusion by TVG and CDI who started this shit!!

Magna needs to have sufficient success to battle the starters of this Terrorism war on Horse Racing ...

the nice thing about living in Canada is the oportunity to hold alterate views without being considered an enemy of the state:)

Fleww

bet Smart in the Preakness :D