PDA

View Full Version : Yosemite - MAC

menifee
10-24-2014, 02:27 AM
I know a lot of you guys are not mac guys but just wanted to give those that are a heads up that they should hold off on downloading Yosemite. Massive wi-fi issues. Wifi cuts out randomly every minute or two minutes and need to restart the computer to get it back. It is driving me nuts. Wait for a patch before downloading the new OS.

DJofSD
10-24-2014, 08:11 AM
Yes, due to various and too numerous sources, I am holding off with both iOS 8 and Mac OS X updates.

The first clue was when iOS 8 had some severe issues. The show stoppers got repaired quickly.

JustRalph
10-24-2014, 09:46 AM
The new iPad has same issues as always with MAC wifi.

I spent an hour tweaking my router to get decent enough speed to use the new iPad air 2

DJofSD
10-24-2014, 09:50 AM
It should be noted there are some privacy issues too.

Default settings result in some location and other data being sent which some folks would rather not be sent. It requires making changes to settings. If I recall correctly, this is mostly for iOS 8 but OS X has the issue also.

DJofSD
10-25-2014, 03:08 PM
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2839012/apple-mum-as-mac-owners-tussle-with-yosemite-over-wifi-problems.html

As I just told my brother and son, I am in no hurry to confirm what others have already discovered.

JustRalph
10-25-2014, 05:09 PM
doubled my wifi speed by turning off one little setting on the new IPad air2

Apple has always been a pain in the ass with wifi. They want you to buy their very expensive routers and 'airports"