PDA

View Full Version : Clint's chair appears again

DJofSD
10-22-2014, 10:51 PM
http://www.freedomworks.org/content/watch-msnbcs-rachel-maddow-absolutely-destroy-kay-hagan-ducking-televised-debate

A day after President Barack Obama reasserted himself into Senate races in which vulnerable Democrats are running, Sen. Kay Hagan (D-NC) decided to skip a televised debate sponsored by the Charlotte Observer, the Raleigh-based News & Observer, and Time Warner Cable News.

Though some Democrats are avoiding him on the campaign trail, President Obama, during a radio interview on Monday said that "these are all folks who vote with me, they have supported my agenda in Congress."

Maybe she was busy baking cookies.

fast4522
11-09-2014, 10:52 AM
What to expect.

DJofSD
11-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Isn't that the desk with the secret releases for hidden drawers? I saw that in a movie once.

horses4courses
11-09-2014, 11:04 AM
For your viewing pleasure:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B180OpQCEAABk2-.jpg:large

Clocker
11-09-2014, 11:34 AM
"The great things Obama might do for America and the world..."

Pigs might fly, too.

They seemed to have omitted the great things Obama has already done for America and the world. Nothing comes to mind. Perhaps you could check back with your sources and enlighten us. That would be the Democratic Underground, I assume? Or the Daily Kos.

tucker6
11-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Pigs might fly, too.

They seemed to have omitted the great things Obama has already done for America and the world. Nothing comes to mind. Perhaps you could check back with your sources and enlighten us. That would be the Democratic Underground, I assume? Or the Daily Kos.
That post by H4C is so cringe-worthy and delusional that an institutionalized individual would be hard pressed to come up with those words.

Clocker
11-09-2014, 12:43 PM
That post by H4C is so cringe-worthy and delusional that an institutionalized individual would be hard pressed to come up with those words.

Now, now. We still have freedom of religion in this country. Everyone is entitled to worship the god of his choice.

horses4courses
11-09-2014, 12:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2BF6nrIYAAR_1s.png

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2014/11/daily-chart-2?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/ed/somearemoreequalthanothers

A NEW paper by Emmanuel Saez of the University of California, Berkeley, and Gabriel Zucman of the London School of Economics suggests that, in America at least, inequality in wealth is approaching record levels. The authors examine the share of total wealth held by the bottom 90% of families relative to those at the very top. In the late 1920s the bottom 90% held just 16% of America’s wealth—considerably less than that held by the top 0.1%, which controlled a quarter of total wealth just before the crash of 1929. From the beginning of the Depression until well after the end of the second world war, the middle class’s share of total wealth rose steadily, thanks to collapsing wealth among richer households, broader equity ownership, middle-class income growth and rising rates of home-ownership. From the early 1980s, however, these trends have reversed. The top 0.1% (consisting of 160,000 families worth $73m on average) hold 22% of America’s wealth, just shy of the 1929 peak—and almost the same share as the bottom 90% of the population.

Clocker
11-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Some are more equal than others

No one disputes the facts. What are you trying to prove by posting them here again for the forty-eleventh time?

And no one disputes that it is bad for the country. What the squeaky wheel liberals omit in whining about this problem is any attempt to analyze the cause or the cure.

Why has the problem gotten worse under the current regime than under any other president in recent history? Why is Obama making no attempt to identify the cause and to offer a solution, other than to demonize the millionaires and billionaires that don't "pay their fair share"?

DJofSD
11-09-2014, 01:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2BF6nrIYAAR_1s.png

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2014/11/daily-chart-2?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/ed/somearemoreequalthanothers

One of the better lines from "Caddyshack:" the world needs ditch diggers too.

Wealth redistribution is a solution is search of a problem.

Clocker
11-09-2014, 01:22 PM
One of the better lines from "Caddyshack:" the world needs ditch diggers too.

Wealth redistribution is a solution is search of a problem.

You don't solve the problem by dragging the rich down, you solve it by raising the poor up. You do that by creating jobs, not by redistribution of wealth.

tucker6
11-09-2014, 02:00 PM
You don't solve the problem by dragging the rich down, you solve it by raising the poor up. You do that by creating jobs, not by redistribution of wealth.
Once the lifting of the masses is accomplished, they'll be no more need of democrats. ;)

Clocker
11-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Once the lifting of the masses is accomplished, they'll be no more need of democrats. ;)

There is still the War on Women! :p

tucker6
11-09-2014, 03:16 PM
There is still the War on Women! :p
I hope the dems use that again in 2016. Worked well in 2014.

HUSKER55
11-09-2014, 06:50 PM
The solution is not as difficult as you think.

The unemployment problem can be fixed by tomorrow morning at 9AM. But business and our government won't do it.

Second, Savings rates and dividend return rates are so low that no one sees any benefit to saving or investing. This results in less competition for dollars needed by government and business. Rates are low.

The size and scope of government needs trimmed down by 75%

Fix those three things and leave capitalism alone and nature will take care of itself for the benefit of all.

Remember when we were kids and over the weekend you could pick up enough soda bottles and recyclable or returnable items, mow lawns, hoe gardens and etc that you could go by a $25 bond that paid 6% on monday?

Those bonds pay nothing anymore and there is no motovation to save. Savings is one of the ways banks get money to invest locally. That part of the economy has been riddled in my opinion.

If it does not get fixed soon the we are all going to be slaves.

Clocker
11-09-2014, 08:04 PM
The solution is not as difficult as you think.

The unemployment problem can be fixed by tomorrow morning at 9AM.

And that could be done how?

tucker6
11-09-2014, 08:09 PM
supernova

Clocker
11-09-2014, 08:13 PM
supernova

Paul Krugman says it could be done with a threatened Martian invasion, resulting in greatly stimulated defense spending. Must be true, because he has a Nobel in economics.

tucker6
11-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Paul Krugman says it could be done with a threatened Martian invasion, resulting in greatly stimulated defense spending. Must be true, because he has a Nobel in economics.
my idea is less messy. :lol:

JustRalph
11-09-2014, 08:23 PM
No one disputes the facts. What are you trying to prove by posting them here again for the forty-eleventh time?

And no one disputes that it is bad for the country. What the squeaky wheel liberals omit in whining about this problem is any attempt to analyze the cause or the cure.

Why has the problem gotten worse under the current regime than under any other president in recent history? Why is Obama making no attempt to identify the cause and to offer a solution, other than to demonize the millionaires and billionaires that don't "pay their fair share"?

Many of us predicted that companies were going to hoard their money the entire time Obama would be in office. During the debate on Obamacare it was a well stated prediction that the result would be companies and small businesses stop all expansion, put off purchases and do everything they could to hunker down during the time Obama and like minded Dem's were in office.

Now that we are six years into that environment the Dem's are starting to ramp up the Hillary machine to continue the anti growth anti job Mess that they created. All the while screaming about the 1% hoarding money, companies making more profit than ever before etc.

It's a damn joke. It's like a virus complaining about the fever and nausea of the host organism. The policies of big government Democratic theories have stopped the country in its tracks. Wasted billions and billions while simultaneously dooming and entire generation of 20-30 yr olds to a lesser lifestyle than their parents.

Obama advertised that he was going to kill different sectors and throw money at others. This became apparent when he turned his donors into one percenters by throwing over a billion dollars at "alternative energy" all massive failures.

This President came into office promising to kill coal. Kentucky and West Virginia Apparently didn't believe him. Until now. Watching coal fired plants shut down and jobs dry up finally pitched enough people to food stamps, that KY and WV are almost completely red and Joe Manchin is thinking of swapping parties. This is one of the few promises Obama kept. Keep in mind that in Southeastern KY and all of West Virginia their is absolutely no stigma attached to being on the dole. It's a way of life. Similar to inner city communities. To push things this far in KY and WV is a real wake up.

If you don't realize that the electorate in a mid term election is different than in a Presidential election, you are fooling yourself. The motivated voters in a mid term are carrying baggage. They are unencumbered by the massive media machine that occurs every four years. They are a much more honest electorate in my eyes. They don't suffer from the doe eyed lunacy of media guidance and shilling from movie stars etc. They are driven to vote by that baggage they are carrying.

The current government has done but one thing the government types care about. Print money in volumes so high that it's driven the market over the moon. Rewarding their friends with inside info, steered government policy with them in mind. Built on false and treacherous theory, that someone some day has to pay for. Obama won't be paying for it. His children will never have to work a day in their lives. He will be rewarded like Clinton and pass that wealth to his children. While most of those on this board will die wondering what the damage will be to their children and grandchildren.

While Dem's preach about the unfairness of capitalism, and the one percent being the Devil incarnate, they ignore that they created the environment of the last six plus years while riding in hired cars and flying private to speeches against the dreaded one percent. Republicans aren't much better, but they don't hold themselves out as the government helper who can save all. They are pro capitalism and they believe in commerce carrying the country. So do I.

tucker6
11-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Many of us predicted that companies were going to hoard their money the entire time Obama would be in office. During the debate on Obamacare it was a well stated prediction that the result would be companies and small businesses stop all expansion, put off purchases and do everything they could to hunker down during the time Obama and like minded Dem's were in office.

I consult with a company in OK that will NOT go above 49 employees and be subject to extra govt regs. They want to expand, and need to expand, but the hurdle cost due to govt intrusion is extremely high.

Clocker
11-09-2014, 08:48 PM
I consult with a company in OK that will NOT go above 49 employees and be subject to extra govt regs. They want to expand, and need to expand, but the hurdle cost due to govt intrusion is extremely high.

The owners of that company are obviously liars or racists or both. They are just spiting themselves to make Obama look bad.

tucker6
11-09-2014, 09:15 PM
The owners of that company are obviously liars or racists or both. They are just spiting themselves to make Obama look bad.
evil 1%-ers. They have no idea what is good for them. :rolleyes:

HUSKER55
11-09-2014, 10:02 PM

For starters, I am a firm believer in recycling. Land fills will never go away and most of the waterways and oceans are polluted.

They need to be cleaned up and that is a grunt detail that is going to take one hell of a lot of labor. So will reforrestation projects and the list goes on.

I am not in favor of making new steel for example when we have more than enough "laying around".

There is no reason for anyone not to be working. Get rid of welfare and put that money to work.

The list is long. How many more do you want.

Clocker
11-09-2014, 10:18 PM
For starters, I am a firm believer in recycling. Land fills will never go away and most of the waterways and oceans are polluted.

They need to be cleaned up and that is a grunt detail that is going to take one hell of a lot of labor. So will reforrestation projects and the list goes on.

I am not in favor of making new steel for example when we have more than enough "laying around".

You have broken about 47 EPA regulations just posting this stuff.

And landfills are big business these days (i.e., Waste Management, Inc.), and heavily regulated.

Not to mention that this sounds suspiciously like "shovel-ready jobs", which even Obama doesn't believe in any more.

HUSKER55
11-10-2014, 07:05 AM
You have broken about 47 EPA regulations just posting this stuff.

And landfills are big business these days (i.e., Waste Management, Inc.), and heavily regulated.

Not to mention that this sounds suspiciously like "shovel-ready jobs", which even Obama doesn't believe in any more.

Feel free to turn me in to the EPA. It would be fun to know if anyone works there or not.

BO failed at everything. that does not mean the idea is wrong. Surly you can understand the need to put everyone to work you should easily understand the impact that would have on local economies.

The only way that will happen is to cut the reach of federal governent, by 75% IMHO, and cuttting state government's reach would not hurt my feelings either. Both have too damn many employees and accomplish very little.

Clocker
11-10-2014, 07:01 PM
Obama humbly admits he may bear some of the responsibility for the election results. As he has often done in the past, he says again that he got the policy right but just didn't do a good job of explaining it to the voters.

Obama defended his policies, but admitted he didn’t do enough to sell them to the American people before last Tuesday’s elections that gave Republicans control of the Senate.

“There is a failure of politics there,” he said.

“When you start governing, there is a tendency sometimes for me to start thinking, as long as you get the policy right, then that’s what should matter,” he said — calling that attitude a mistake politically.

“It’s not enough just to build a better mousetrap,” he said. “We’ve got to sell it ... There are times, there’s no doubt about it, where I think we have not been successful in going out there and letting people know what it is that we’re trying to do and why this is the right direction.”

Story here. (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/obama-takes-blame-democrats-midterm-elections-losses-article-1.2004545)

rastajenk
11-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Needed more photo ops, I guess.