PDA

View Full Version : DRF Advanced PPs

Tom
10-22-2014, 12:03 PM
What's the deal at DRF?
Do they have advanced PPs this year?
Looking at their home page (several of them?????) you would never know there was a BC coming up next week.

Come to think of it, do THEY know? :lol:
No mention of it anywhere - no links to PPs, nothing.

Redboard
10-22-2014, 12:48 PM
What's the deal at DRF?
Do they have advanced PPs this year?
Looking at their home page (several of them?????) you would never know there was a BC coming up next week.

Come to think of it, do THEY know? :lol:
No mention of it anywhere - no links to PPs, nothing.

http://www.drf.com/store/breeders-cup-past-performances-guide-picks-gameplan?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BCpack&utm_source=BCpack_partnerEmail

Looks like some things are available now.

Appy
10-22-2014, 01:01 PM
I think I heard pre-entries happen tomorrow. If that is the case whatever you get today might well be outdated tomorrow.

DRF Past Performance out 10/28.

Redboard
10-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Looks like $29.95 for the whole package. Appy is right, it might be outdated tomorrow, but they'll let you re-download it without a charge. At least that's how they've done it in the past.

Tom
10-22-2014, 01:19 PM
http://www.drf.com/store/breeders-cup-past-performances-guide-picks-gameplan?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BCpack&utm_source=BCpack_partnerEmail

Looks like some things are available now.

I did eventually find that page.
I want just the PDF PPs, not all the crap they have listed.
I really want a hard copy newspaper version. Guess I'll have to hit the newstand tongiht and see if they have anything. Thanks for the link.

letswastemoney
10-22-2014, 01:45 PM
Off topic, but the new look at drf.com is the ugliest design ever.

I don't know who's in charge, but to have the advertisement in your face right from the start is a terrible idea.

classhandicapper
10-22-2014, 02:26 PM

Classic PPs and Formulator PPs are up.

You can get just the PPs if that's all you want.

devilsbag
10-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Can someone advise if the classic PDF PPs are lifetime or not?

Tom
10-22-2014, 03:05 PM
PDF are not - only Formulator on line.

Thanks, guys....I need PPS I can write on and and color, and draw arrows and have fun with! ;) I got one of those pens that have 4 colors in it and I hate to waste that buck and a quarter I paid for it.

DeltaLover
10-22-2014, 03:06 PM
Off topic, but the new look at drf.com is the ugliest design ever.

I don't know who's in charge, but to have the advertisement in your face right from the start is a terrible idea.

Agree...

What I find extremely annoying are the ads, that seem to ruin every piece of screen real estate in DRF.com...

The content can also become better.. The fact that DRF+ is required for the majority of the articles does not help either...

Tom
10-22-2014, 03:09 PM
No I am confused - the pne page says Advanced available on 10/28 and 10/29?

Is that Advanced or Actual?
Is there a file you can have today?

Redboard
10-22-2014, 03:24 PM
If you have access to the Formulator, you can always print them out as a pdf, at least, that's how it always worked for me.

Delta Cone
10-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Both the PDF and Formulator are available online. The PDF versions have lifetime PPs.

The PPs are for the Pre-Entries announced today, Oct. 22.

Unfortunately, DRF hasn't updated them, so Her Emmynency is included, despite the fact that she was withdrawn well ahead of the pre-entry announcement.

DRF also does not have the Formulator PPs in order, as the horses who are not in the main body of the field are mixed in with the ones who drew in. It would be ideal if they had the main field listed first, followed by the oversubscribed horses listed in order of preference.

Flysofree
10-22-2014, 03:59 PM
The DRF is wayyyyyyyy OVER RATED and TOO PRICEY... But it's in New York, so that's what I have come to expect.

KingChas
10-22-2014, 08:11 PM

http://www.drf.com/store/breeders-cup-pps-picks-guide-store

Scroll down below $29.95 package.

Formulator and/or Classic pp,s $9 for both days.
Available now today just click on access dates.

Tom
10-22-2014, 09:13 PM
I don't see anything available until 10/28 earliest.
What a miserable web page.
I bought the BRIS version. DRF has lost me forever.

Tom
10-22-2014, 10:25 PM
Here is the real sttory at DRF.
First of all, the $2.95 PDF file are NOT availbable for the BC
You can get them 10/27 period.
OR.....wait for it.....you can pay$9.00 for two $2.95 card today.

But wait there's more......when you try to buy a PDF file, make SURE you check the order for - they now automatically put a $20 subscription to DRF+ on your order, check marked to purchase. You have to un-check it or you bought it.

I though only sleezy telemarketers outfits pulled that dishonest trick.
Must be one of the new changes DRF has been bragging about.

The best part about my phone call was the operator asked "What website are you on?"

I told her in 30 seconds, it would be BRIS. :lol:

Oh, and when I tried to buy the card, before I found out it was not really a card but a rumor, after I clicked purchase, I was taken to the page where you select your cars, picked BC 11/01, and then was never able to get to a page where you actually could download the card, and no explanation.

Tread light if you go there.....when they have to ask you what website your on, you know you are dealing with incompetence.

Got to run....my BRIS PPS just finished printing out. :lol:

letswastemoney
10-23-2014, 01:31 AM
The only difference between DRF and BRIS to me are the speed figures, and I don't need Beyers, although everyone keeps saying Formulator is a very good product.