PDA

View Full Version : BRISBET / AmericaTab Video

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Can anyone help me out here....I can get the YouBet video with no problem at work through the proxy server, but seem to have trouble getting the BrisBet video at work. Anyone know the details of how they send their video (ports, settings in the NETWORK tab of Windows Media Player, etc.)

Any help would be appreciated....

JustRalph
05-04-2004, 03:32 PM
mine are pretty basic....no proxy etc.........I do buffer 60 seconds though.........

http://www.justralph.com/mplayer_settings.jpg

cj
05-04-2004, 04:46 PM
What does that setting do for you Ralph?

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2004, 05:24 PM
Hmmmm..what I need are network settings....Nowhere on the BRISBet video FAQ do they mention how the video is sent out, what ports need to be open, etc. As I said, YouBet video works fine through the firewall, but I can't seem to get the video going from BrisBet....

Both of them use WMP, but obviously, both are not transmitted the same way....

JustRalph
05-04-2004, 11:22 PM
CJ

the buffering cache's the video a little and it also helps for those times when the video stops for a second......you are playing from the buffer as opposed from the direct stream over the net. Smoother and usually no interruption........

Think of it like a "print buffer" you can send multiple docs to your printer and they are cached in the buffer until the printer is ready for them. Same concept basically. There is one caveat.....you are going to be 60 seconds behind on what you are viewing on the stream. So if the stream is behind a minute (some I find are as much as 2 minutes behind) you just added a minute to the lag. so if you are watching them load.........they probably went off a minute or more before you are viewing it.......therefore you can get locked out on late bets...........if you rely on the video......FYI

PA I will see what I can find out.........I am wondering if you have ports blocked....via firewall......try this document for port info

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/serve/firewall.aspx#player

cj
05-05-2004, 01:36 AM
Thanks Ralph,

I went ahead and tried it last night after your post, and it really helped. I kind of figured that was what it would do.

As for the delay, I always turn the volume down and watch the tote. Then after I bet, I restore the sound and video.

Craig