PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Entropy ( inculded in T mation )

BeatTheChalk
05-03-2004, 11:08 PM
I think..maybe I figured out something. See if anyone out there
feels this way.

The last column ( Pm ) I think it stands for Par Median. Dont
know for sure...but I cant think of anything else :) Many many
times the winner will be either 1 2 or 3 in that column. Of course
I havent done enough races for either Doc or Barry Meadow ..
who wants a million races LOL Just kidding Barry. Any comments
on
Entropy are ok with me ..

donald mcfee
05-19-2004, 08:21 PM
If I am not mistaken, I think it stands for pace medium. I used to use entropy. Had moderate success with it.

BeatTheChalk
05-19-2004, 08:49 PM
Someone else thinks it means " Par Median " Now If I only
had a manual LOL ... I think your idea of Pace Median does
sound more accurate. I have noticed that when the low 3 horses
in PM .. are also the Lowest 3 in the Total Entropy picture ..the
race is very formful. Thanks for your reply

keilan
05-19-2004, 09:12 PM
A "pace medium" number would be would be far more useful than "par median" number. One of the keys elements to any measure of energy is how it is earned.

With "par medium" one could statistically state that 68/100 races were won by horses within a certain energy range but never understand why. Thus the variable would lose it's significance, and couldn't be relied on.

Having said that I have no idea what PM stands for only that "pace medium" would make much more sense than "par medium" IMO

Tom
05-19-2004, 10:42 PM
Unfortunately, a lot of my seminar notes are nothing more than a referenc eto a page in the manual or a spot on the audio tapes for discussions, but I found some stuff on Par Median....
PM (Par median) is the relationship between second call and third fraciton.
DTE is the dream race total energy.
Ep/Dv is the early pace relationship of F-1 and F-2 (F2/F1)
P/Dv is the presser pace relationship (F2/2C) and is strongly related to Mitchel's ability time, and also from Contender Scan, this is the Factor S that was so very predictive of contenders.
HE/Dv - pace relationship fo hdden energy
Td/Dv - pace relationship of F-3 to F-1

It was sugested to model 2nd call and Par median by distance at your track. AQlso model the other factors, but 2nd call and PM are the keys.
In the entropy program, look at both the velocity and deceleration numbers-Horses ranked 100 in velocity ar ethe fastest, but the DC/V deceleration numbers will tell you which ones are slowing up the fastest.

F1 Vel F1 Deceleration
A 100 97.33%
B 98 99.44%

A is faster early, but is decelerating more than B

I have a whole presentation on the DC pars from a New Orleans and Los Vegas seminar - I will dig that out too-there was a lot in there about how to model and use the pars.
I am taking the seminar audio tapes with me in my car so I can listen and review them for the next week or so and will keep you updated.

BeatTheChalk
05-20-2004, 01:05 AM
Can only thank you to the 10th power :) I will be out of touch
for about 4 days....Be back next week.