Islam 101

Its no secret.

DJofSD
10-14-2014, 07:51 PM
I like the bumper stickers: http://www.cantcoexist.org/store/

mostpost
10-15-2014, 12:20 AM
http://www.cantcoexist.org/
Cant Coexist is a hate group, no different from the Nazi party, the Ku Klux Klan, Aryan nation or any other group of that ilk.
You should be ashamed of yourself for posting that trash. Ashamed.

Tom
10-15-2014, 07:34 AM
He should be beheaded, right mostie? :rolleyes:

sammy the sage
10-15-2014, 07:49 AM
you know...I don't agree w/Mostie very much...but in this case I have too...his post is RIGHT on...

and Tom that's about as LAME a comment as you've ever made in 65k posts...horrible troll attempt....

http://www.vox.com/2014/10/13/6968999/bill-maher-islamophobia-muslims-violent-debunk

"Amry's point: if Maher's argument is that the rise of ISIS proves that all of Islam is extremely violent and intolerant, then by the same logic wouldn't the spate of Muslim Nobel Peace Prize-winners prove that all Muslims are also extremely peaceful?

Here are the winners in the photo: Shirin Ebadi (Iranian activist, 2003), Mohamed ElBaradei (former head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, 2005), Muhammed Yunus (microfinance pioneer, 2006), Tawakkol Karman (Yemeni activist, 2011), Malala Yousafzai (Pakistani activist, 2014).

This tweet is a very straightforward way of making a point that shouldn't need to be made, but does: generalizing across a vast and diverse demographic group based on the actions of a few of its members isn't just bigoted, it's logically ridiculous. The fact that we are so ready to embrace that reasoning when it lets us promote deeply negative stereotypes about Muslims, including on major news outlets, is just another of many signs that Islamophobia is increasingly rampant in America.

So the next time someone asks you "why are so many Muslims violent," before you launch into a detailed rebuttal debunking the misconceptions and errors behind the question, simply ask in response, "Why are so many Muslims Nobel Peace Prize laureates?"

HUSKER55
10-15-2014, 10:20 AM
He should be beheaded, right mostie? :rolleyes:

not if he converts and becomes a suicide bomber..... :D

BlueShoe
10-16-2014, 01:24 PM
Cant Coexist is a hate group, no different from the Nazi party, the Ku Klux Klan, Aryan nation or any other group of that ilk.
No Mosty, color them a truth group. Attack the messenger while ignoring the message? When a huge political, social, economic, and religious system openly tells you that you will embrace every facet of it's culture or else either you or them will die, you pay attention. When they prove it by committing horrible deeds all over the globe proving that this is no idle boast, you pay double attention. To do otherwise is folly.

GaryG
10-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Bill Maher, whom I very rarely watch, compared Islam to the Mafia in a debate with some Hollywood loony. Do and think as you are told or we will kill you.

Greyfox
10-16-2014, 01:47 PM
you know...I don't agree w/Mostie very much...but in this case I have too...his post is RIGHT on...

"

No Mostie's post is not right on.
Yes. There are peaceful Muslims.
But Islam is not a religion of peace.
There are over 100 verses in the Qur'an giving Muslims permission from Allah to commit savage acts.
Furthermore, there are possibly 300 million Muslims among over a billion who believe in that violence.
Watch the video below.
Brigitte Gabriel will explain why Mosties, Obama's, and your thinking is wrong with respect to sticking up for Islam.

Ry3NzkAOo3s

BlueShoe
10-16-2014, 01:56 PM
"Amry's point: if Maher's argument is that the rise of ISIS proves that all of Islam is extremely violent and intolerant, then by the same logic wouldn't the spate of Muslim Nobel Peace Prize-winners prove that all Muslims are also extremely peaceful?

So the next time someone asks you "why are so many Muslims violent," before you launch into a detailed rebuttal debunking the misconceptions and errors behind the question, simply ask in response, "Why are so many Muslims Nobel Peace Prize laureates?"
Your argument does not stand up. By this criteria, the Germans were peaceful in the 1940's :rolleyes: Between the World Wars Germans won several Nobel Prizes, including three Peace Prizes. Does this somehow make the Nazi horror less evil?

classhandicapper
10-16-2014, 01:59 PM
"Amry's point: if Maher's argument is that the rise of ISIS proves that all of Islam is extremely violent and intolerant, then by the same logic wouldn't the spate of Muslim Nobel Peace Prize-winners prove that all Muslims are also extremely peaceful?"

IMO this is a silly argument.

No responsible person anywhere has ever used the word ALL when referring to Muslims.

What happens is that generalities are made when some THRESHOLD PERCENTAGE of any group can be categorized in some way. What that threshold actually is I don't know. But it happens when X% of a large group is a large enough number to be meaningful.

I don't have a problem using stats like that.

I judge everyone as an individual, BUT ONLY WHEN I HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET TO KNOW THEM AND JUDGE THEM ON THOSE TERMS. When I don't have that opportunity, I will use whatever stats are available to help me make those judgments.

Clearly, not all Muslims are violent terrorists. But X% are. And in this case when there are a billion of them on earth, x% is a very large number. In reality, x% of 1 million is a way too large a number to be comfortable with because it only takes a handful to wreak havoc on a country.

TJDave
10-16-2014, 02:04 PM

1.6 Billion Muslims.......7 Peace Prize laureates

13.9 Million Jews.........7 Peace Prize laureates

HUSKER55
10-16-2014, 02:06 PM
you remove cancer even if it is benign. This is no different.

johnhannibalsmith
10-16-2014, 04:21 PM
The Nobel Peace Prize 2009

Barack H. Obama

"for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, when I think Obama, I think of a real diplomat. A guy that bridges gaps wherever he finds them. Everyone cooperates when he appears in the room. That's for damn sure.

Let's see, we have Obama, Carter, the EU, the UN, Arafat... just in the last 20 years.

I'm sure it can be a challenge to come up with award winners, but I'm a long way from letting that committee be the authority on anything based on their selections.

I have no clue what that rebuttal has to do with anything, but those taking Maher to task had better dream up something a lot more persuasive than that if they want to persuade even two people.

davew
10-16-2014, 05:52 PM
1.6 Billion Muslims.......7 Peace Prize laureates

13.9 Million Jews.........7 Peace Prize laureates

is Obama included in there?

TJDave
10-16-2014, 05:58 PM
is Obama included in there?

He claims to be a Christian, so, no.

Dave Schwartz
10-16-2014, 06:33 PM
wouldn't the spate of Muslim Nobel Peace Prize-winners prove that all Muslims are also extremely peaceful?

Consider Yasar Arafat won a Peace Prize, probably not.

Muslims have historically contributed tremendously to the sciences. However, "peace" and "science" seem to have little correlation.

HUSKER55
10-16-2014, 06:56 PM
hey Dave,

the science is used to establish peace on their terms...

:D

woodtoo
10-16-2014, 08:10 PM
If there were a Peace Prize for every muslim war, they would have run out
of prizes long ago.How many wars are muslims not involved in?

Tom
10-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Maher only said one intelligent think in his life.
This was it.

rastajenk
10-17-2014, 06:57 AM
There are lots of faith-based hospitals across these united states, serving people of all religions, or people of no religious faith; maybe most of them, that aren't aligned with universities. How many are Islamic?